FIFA 13 Clubs

Lisa.JLisa.J Posts: 1,919
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just thought I'd see if anyone is interested in started a clubs team on this years FIFA?

I'm determined to get back into Clubs this year, the issues I had with it over the past year or so seem to be resolved so looking forward to giving it a go.

Will set a club up over the release date weekend if we get enough interest! :)

Comments

• KeyboardWarriorKeyboardWarrior Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    I'd be interested. I have the game preordered and it would be nice to play with a regular team rather than a bunch of random ball hoggers.
  • Super Dog ManSuper Dog Man Posts: 4,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will be in. Not got Live at the min, but am going to get it back again.

Clubs seemd to die last year, to be honest all my freind games seemed to die off last year. Dont thing we had a game of 12 did we Lisa?

Would be good to get playing with the old gang again.
  • y_keithy_keith Posts: 494
    Forum Member
    Not sure what I'm doing yet. Wish they would let you play with more than one club.
  • tombigbeetombigbee Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As usual you can count me in :)
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    I'm up for it too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    count me in too, although I am supposed to be moving house on the 28th so might not be around for first few weeks
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I only just discovered Live Seasons last week on FIFA 12 lol. The whole club thing does look good.
    I'm sorry though, I think career mode just looks too good this year. It's all I played on FIFA 12 with a bit of Ultimate Team now and then, gonna be the same this year I think.

The one thing that puts me off a joining a club is I'd imagine you'd play Man City alot.
    On the rare occasions I went online 90% of matches were against Man City. Even on ultimate team it's people who have built Man City with maybe Ronaldo or Messi added and just got boring.
    That's why I liked the newly discovered seasons, there's some lower star teams I like playing as so can avoid Man City in this mode :D
  • mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    AcidVenus wrote: »
    The one thing that puts me off a joining a club is I'd imagine you'd play Man City alot.
    On the rare occasions I went online 90% of matches were against Man City. Even on ultimate team it's people who have built Man City with maybe Ronaldo or Messi added and just got boring.
    That's why I liked the newly discovered seasons, there's some lower star teams I like playing as so can avoid Man City in this mode :D

You dont play against real life teams in online clubs.

you get selected AI players, who start bad, but as your club gets better, they improve.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mikey86uk wrote: »
    You dont play against real life teams in online clubs.

you get selected AI players, who start bad, but as your club gets better, they improve.

Oh with it being called online clubs, and a quick read of the description I thought it was loads of players worldwide joining a team together and playing each other.
  • mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    AcidVenus wrote: »
    Oh with it being called online clubs, and a quick read of the description I thought it was loads of players worldwide joining a team together and playing each other.

ah

Nah, you use your virtual pro in any position, preferably your preferred position and same goes with your online friends, and then the CPU controls the other players (unless a member of your team selects any)
  • Lisa.JLisa.J Posts: 1,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll get setting the club up over weekend :)

Thinking of doing my VP as a CM same as last time, more than happy to play as any tho as well

I thought we did have a couple of games last year superdog? I know I packed it in pretty quick though, for my own sanity more than anything! Sounds like they've made some real improvements this year though so looking forward to getting stuck in
  • tombigbeetombigbee Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lisa.J wrote: »
    I know I packed it in pretty quick though, for my own sanity more than anything! Sounds like they've made some real improvements this year though so looking forward to getting stuck in

I think the main thing is that the default defensive players have some kind of footballing ability! Would be nice if it dealt with quitters more harshly as well.
  • magic martinmagic martin Posts: 594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi Lisa!

Yes Im up for clubs too :) - will spend sometime getting my VP upgraded a bit first tho

Also still trying to complete MW3 online (get to top level) at the same time....

Cheers

Martin :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi Lisa!

Yes Im up for clubs too :) - will spend sometime getting my VP upgraded a bit first tho

Also still trying to complete MW3 online (get to top level) at the same time....

Cheers

OK - so I now realise I cant train my pro offline so the only way is playing online - just played a match where played with selfish people who didnt want to pass the ball so pretty frustrating. My second game crashed at the start screen :eek:

Hoping it gets better and will train him in our club :)
  • PhilT1808PhilT1808 Posts: 594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd be happy to join a team where people pass. Sick of being a spectator in games! My gamertag is philt1808 if you need a player. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    id like to join a club, only just got an xbox so learning pro clubs a bit, but the drop in games can be so irritating when people dont pass
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Digital Spy FC has been created!

Not worked out how to invite people yet but I've left it open so I think if you just search under the name you should find it.

The current kit & badge is NY Red Bulls, bit random but didnt want to choose an English team as I'm sure we all support different teams! Open to suggestions to any club to change it to

I'm gonna play some drop in matches to get my pro to a decent level
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    ok i sent a request to sign for the club
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sent request too :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Once we start playing clubs I will return to our team but in the meantime was trying to build up my player a bit my playing in a different team with a mate - gave up on the "jump in to a game" mode!

PS - struggling to play online seasons too - can never find an opponent who doesn't quit or lose connection before the game starts, played 1 game then didnt manage another despite about 10 more attempts :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the drop in matches is tedious. So many ball hogging kids who think they are ronaldo lol.

Really used to annoy me but I just concentrate on my own game now when I play. Watch my positioning and try to make as many passes as possible, only take on people when I think I can actually beat them & concentrating on assists rather than getting myself in decent positions knowing Im never going to get the pass.

My pro has been MOTM for the past 5 or 6 games now just doing this. Slowly building my stats up ready for the club ;)
  • c00kiemonster72c00kiemonster72 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would like to join in with this but as this is 1st fifa game I've I need my hand holding a little:o

So have I got this right, that you all play as individuals in the same team? If I'm right how do I set this up?

Obviously I'm rubbish at the game, took me about 10 games before I managed to score:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah that's right, everyone just controls one player, brilliantly addictive when you get a good bunch of people together (like us lot of course ;) )

You need to go onto the Xbox live section on the Fifa menu and there should be a Pro Clubs option, you create your player in there, he starts off with average stats & you build him up as you play. I've been playing in the 'drop-in' matches with randomers which is infuriating but a necessary evil as you can't build your online pro up offline!

If you search for digital spy FC you should find our club to join - we haven't played any matches yet but hopefully we'll get started soon.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been finding the pro seasons quite frustrating too but still very addictive. It's better playing drop in matches when just a couple of people play. When you get 11 a-side you can guarantee that someone will have glue on their boots and you won't get a pass.

I'm playing as CAM and up to pro rating 82 so getting there slowly :)
  • c00kiemonster72c00kiemonster72 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lisa.J wrote: »
    Yeah that's right, everyone just controls one player, brilliantly addictive when you get a good bunch of people together (like us lot of course ;) )

You need to go onto the Xbox live section on the Fifa menu and there should be a Pro Clubs option, you create your player in there, he starts off with average stats & you build him up as you play. I've been playing in the 'drop-in' matches with randomers which is infuriating but a necessary evil as you can't build your online pro up offline!

If you search for digital spy FC you should find our club to join - we haven't played any matches yet but hopefully we'll get started soon.

Thanks Lisa:D

I set my player up and joined a drop in game, where I was goalie and ended up getting booted for not controlling my player, wtf was that all about??

It's not my fault my team were very good so I never got to see the ball lol