Xbox "720" Games Development Thread

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58
Forum Member
Without really saying too much, for obvious reasons....

FIFA 15 - Going to be like watching a game on TV. Big improvement to the crowds and their participation. Pitches will cut up and have divots, etc (based on if there was a sliding tackle in that place earlier, etc. Player interviews pre-half-time-post-match, where you can choose to be a sportsman or have a rant at the ref. Player performance dynamics and balancing system tweaks, but that's worked fantastically in 13, so no real changes for FIFA 14, so doubt much for 15.

New Burnout (Criterion Games/EA) - A mix of Burnout Revenge and Burnout Paradise, without NFS involvement. Massive open world, where you travel to countries and drive to areas which then turn into the set circuits of Revenge - so you have both elements. Will be a massive multiplayer, with "lobbys" and up to 500 players per area.

Battlefield TBA: Going to be a new Frostbite Engine for this one. All a bit secretive.

More later.

Comments

• Sam SeedSam Seed Posts: 390
    Forum Member
    i thought they were still using frostbite 2 for bf4? i read somewhere that bf3 is only using 30-40% of the engine and dice are managing to get 70-80% on the the new consoles.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What about fifa 14?
  • SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FIFA might look a match on tv but will still play like shit and be littered with bugs, but hey Next gen bugs, so cant complain can we? and I find it really hard to believe the OP is in any way affiliated with EA
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aren't BF4 and FIFA 14 on normal Xbox. He'll be talking about the next one along.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aren't BF4 and FIFA 14 on normal Xbox. He'll be talking about the next one along.
    Nope, most games will be cross-gen for 1-2 years, and games like FIFA will be cross-gen for many more. It is still being released on PS2 for example.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sam Seed wrote: »
    i thought they were still using frostbite 2 for bf4? i read somewhere that bf3 is only using 30-40% of the engine and dice are managing to get 70-80% on the the new consoles.
    Yeah, they said Frostbite 2 was built with next-gen in mind, so no new engine.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    and the new xbox 720 will use your constand internet connection,which means they are getting rid of the way you play old games,you wont be able to play second hand games,as each game will need to be activated on microsoft server before play.
  • Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    and the new xbox 720 will use your constand internet connection,which means they are getting rid of the way you play old games,you wont be able to play second hand games,as each game will need to be activated on microsoft server before play.

As far as I can see, this is just speculation so far. Is there any confirmation from MS?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy2 wrote: »
    As far as I can see, this is just speculation so far. Is there any confirmation from MS?
    No but it is funny how people ignore the word rumour in news articles.

Seen it on a few mainstream news sites now and in the comments a lot of people seem to be talking as if it is true.

Microsoft need to quash it quite soon I think.
  • AdsAds Posts: 37,037
    Forum Member
    I'm really looking forward to the next big jump forward in graphics. I guess in the next gen we will see graphics similar to what we see in movies now. Should be spectacular.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ads wrote: »
    I'm really looking forward to the next big jump forward in graphics. I guess in the next gen we will see graphics similar to what we see in movies now. Should be spectacular.
    Well, considering studios have massive server farms to render special effects and CG in movies, nah!

These are next-gen games:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nDWUL1z-bk
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcMRkyoHKeA

Running on PCs, so we'll have to wait to see how they actually turn out for consoles.

Be sure to check out the next-gen physics at 8 mins on Watch Dogs video, yes, you too can blow a car up with your ankle! :D
  • DJGMDJGM Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy2 wrote: »
    Microsoft has neither confirmed or denied this rumour. Same goes for Sony and a similar recent rumour about the PS4.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chopoff wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcMRkyoHKeA

Running on PCs, so we'll have to wait to see how they actually turn out for consoles.

Be sure to check out the next-gen physics at 8 mins on Watch Dogs video, yes, you too can blow a car up with your ankle! :D

Jeez. So is that what they do? Dev the games on super high end PCs and then port it to console?
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    That watch dogs game does look impressive.
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jeez. So is that what they do? Dev the games on super high end PCs and then port it to console?

You're joking, right? Or are you really the last person to find this out? :D
    EddyW wrote: »
    Without really saying too much, for obvious reasons....

More later.

Because everything you're saying is top secret? Come off it. If anything there was NDA protected then EAs legal bods could get to you easily and give you a spanking
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mred2000 wrote: »
    You're joking, right? Or are you really the last person to find this out? :D

Is that a yes, or do I just have to imagine this is what you looked like when you posted the above?

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/attachments/basic-scuba-discussions/133483d1345724033-why-new-divers-looking-into-instructor-tech-diving-really-fat-guy-computer.jpg

"OMG. There's somebody on the internet who doesn't code as a hobby! I must post about it".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wasn't sure if you were being sarcastic but anyway I didn't code, I was art dept.

You can imagine what you like whilst looking at pics like that on the internet late at night, though. Each to their own.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    mred2000 wrote: »

Because everything you're saying is top secret? Come off it. If anything there was NDA protected then EAs legal bods could get to you easily and give you a spanking

I've not posted anything secret or proprietary.

I'm also going to imagine you as the picture Chris posted! :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm also going to imagine you as the picture Chris posted! :D:D

So why say "for obvious reasons" and "all a bit secretive" which is a bit leading?

Hope you've stocked up on kleenex.
  • SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Your first post on DS is accusing Jason Gardner (dancing on ice judge) of "been on the white powder again", but I believe everything you post here on Gaming, honest.
  • DSWNSMDSWNSM Posts: 1,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chopoff wrote: »
    Nope, most games will be cross-gen for 1-2 years, and games like FIFA will be cross-gen for many more. It is still being released on PS2 for example.

Not anymore, there are no more games being released on the PS2.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Now I'm back at my computer (I was on my mobile last night so your imagination was way off... Also, I don't know anyone in gamesdev, certainly where I worked, who fit the stereotype Chris came up with...) I can go into this a bit more.

Taking Criterion for instance, as I still know a few folk who work there, there has been nothing official released about a next Burnout game. There have been a couple of things alluded to in the press by various people, notably stuff that ended up coming out last October and late January. So what you're coming out with here is either NDA covered info, and I've seen folk hit by legal for releasing less, or your own wishlist not based on any facts at all.