Has They Think It's All Over Been Axed?

paul_hadleypaul_hadley Posts: 10,692
Forum Member
✭✭
It hasn't been on for ages (not this year I think), and I heard they were getting rid of so-called 'ladish' programmes. Does that include TTIAO? I love that show.

Comments

• bananaman_007bananaman_007 Posts: 8,702
    Forum Member
    It went right off after Gary and David left
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It went off when lee hurst was replaced by Jonathan Ross
  • rammie96rammie96 Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    Jonathon Ross mentioned on his radio show a few weeks back that it "didn't look like" it would be coming back.
  • steel wheelssteel wheels Posts: 984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It went off when lee hurst was replaced by Jonathan Ross

here,here i agree entirely he does'nt do comedy or sports very well ;)
  • sonnybroonsonnybroon Posts: 630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It looked different when the titles were revamped last year after Gary and David left and it looks like A Question of Sport might be going down the drain too in the summer. Hasen't been too good since John Parrot left and Frankie Dettori regauly skived off during his time and Matt Dawson's a waste of time.
  • JonkeilerJonkeiler Posts: 257
    Forum Member
    Personally I shall be glad to see the back of it now. It has just become a vehicle for Ross to show off and McGrath to insult David Beckham. Funny at first but it does become tiresome.
  • tallordertallorder Posts: 975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jonkeiler wrote:
    Personally I shall be glad to see the back of it now. It has just become a vehicle for Ross to show off and McGrath to insult David Beckham. Funny at first but it does become tiresome.

I've got to agree - I'm not sad to see it go as I think it had truly run out of stream. Isn't Jonathan Ross on TV enough anyway? When does he gat a chance to review all the films for Film 2005 anyway?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I stopped watching 'They Think It's All Over' as soon as Ian Wright arrived. He gets on my nerves somewhat.
  • bananaman_007bananaman_007 Posts: 8,702
    Forum Member
    Yeah mine to and not a very likable person if you saw him on The Aprentice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [MaRt] wrote:
    I stopped watching 'They Think It's All Over' as soon as Ian Wright arrived. He gets on my nerves somewhat.

He certainly does have a high opinion of himself.
    Forum Member
    [MaRt] wrote:

That mean you don't watch 50% of Beebs output then? they seem to think he can present everything - as long as it has the title 'Right' something.

I'm waiting for 'Right Tw*t
  • dzfootballdzfootball Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL, They only thing IMO he has been decent on was his Friday night ITV 'chat' show (well inviting his friends on). Maybe he should have quit then instead of taking all the license payers money presenting/appearing on poor quiz shows.
  • greygrey Posts: 4,985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry that "all over" seems to be all over. It's still a good format and Nick Hancock is an excellent presenter. I can cope with Jonathon Ross because I don't watch his other programmes.Rory Mcgrath is ok too and what's wrong with being anti Beckham.Surely Gary and David would not be too hard to replace.There must be plenty of charasmatic sports people available.
    Forum Member
    grey wrote:
    I'm sorry that "all over" seems to be all over. It's still a good format and Nick Hancock is an excellent presenter. I can cope with Jonathon Ross because I don't watch his other programmes.Rory Mcgrath is ok too and what's wrong with being anti Beckham.Surely Gary and David would not be too hard to replace.There must be plenty of charasmatic sports people available.

Nothing wrong with being anti Beckham, but to constantly harp on about him is tiresome.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gosh, my heart will be broken if They Think It's All Over wont return to our screens. The programme has been one of my favorite for a long time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,568
    Forum Member
    Yeah mine to and not a very likable person if you saw him on The Aprentice.

How do you mean? I thought he was quite honest on The Apprenice. The team came to him and just demanded he give up personal items for auctioning. He was OK with it but got annoyed when it seemed the team didn't give a toss for the charity, they just wanted to win the competition!
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edit - wrong thread. :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 161
    Forum Member
    Andy Ryan wrote:
    How do you mean? I thought he was quite honest on The Apprenice. The team came to him and just demanded he give up personal items for auctioning. He was OK with it but got annoyed when it seemed the team didn't give a toss for the charity, they just wanted to win the competition!

Tottally agree they were asking him to give up an item given to him as part of the England world cup squad. Sorry but no matter what the charity that would not leave my side and for people to just turn up saying ive worked for this charity for a couple of days now give me some really personal stuff, your telling me you would give away your possessions?

Also he may not be the best presenter but he is one of the nicest men I have ever met, met him while working on his lottery show and he could not do enough for the people on his show or anyone who wanted a chat, much nicer than others like Frank Skinner who sack people off there shows for moaning about there singing.

Ian Wright may not have looked nice on the Aprentice but at least he is a decent bloke in reality and I think just acted like anyone else would.
    Anyway thats enough of the Ian Wright and Frank Skinner (the man is a arrogant pr*t) rant, sorry but had to get it off my chest.

Also TTIAO is not booked into the studios at its regular time would normally be back by now or booked in, could be back September or October but I here there was also question marks over never mind the buzzcocks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    I much prefer Have I Got News For You and Never Mind The Buzzcocks.
  • leemartin96leemartin96 Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    Has it been axed? Haven't seen it for a while
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It finished donkey's years ago ..
  • Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Not since 2005 anyway !:D
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 102,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I heard Nick Hancock on the radio the other day - he's one who's star shone brightly for a few years then burnt out.......

On the same radio show they said Kevin Day was on next week.............he's another one !

I'm expecting Tony Slattery any week now...............:eek:
  • widgerwidger Posts: 722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »
    I heard Nick Hancock on the radio the other day - he's one who's star shone brightly for a few years then burnt out.......

On the same radio show they said Kevin Day was on next week.............he's another one !

Isn't Kevin Day one of the staff gag writers for Have I Got News For You? He also presents a number of small comedy bits for Football programmes.
  • sarahcssarahcs Posts: 8,734
    Forum Member
    swingaleg wrote: »

I saw Slattery on a training video years ago. About meetings or something. It was dreadful.