Richard Madeley really is Alan Partridge

Comments

• SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just when we thought we were not too far away from Dick and Jude's much-anticipated retirement - they're training up their kids to take over!! :eek:
  • nextloislanenextloislane Posts: 1,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they've been building up this since 1988!

i can remember wehn this morning first started and the kids were toddlers at home with the nanny and they suddenly appeared on the phone-in about mean parents, lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,715
    Forum Member
    first reaction - oh god no

second thoughts - brilliant, I don't watch any BB

let them languish in the BB ghetto, It's great I never have to watch Davina, or any of the other BB hangers on.

The problems arise when they move on - Dermot to X- Factor :mad: :cry: :mad: :cry: :mad: :cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently, old Jude believes the kiddies are destined for a career in TV, because it's what they've know all their lives.

So we can expect another 40 years of a Madeley on TV. :sleep:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,796
    Forum Member
    Sloopy wrote: »
    So we can expect another 40 years of a Madeley on TV. :sleep:
    Oh no please no.......:eek: :cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's inevitable, I'm afraid.......
  • MsBehaviourMsBehaviour Posts: 5,532
    Forum Member
    Felt compelled to join in this thread when I spotted it (I ususally just lurk & post on DSBB) as Rich and Jude have lived just up the road from me since they moved to London and I've seen the kids grow up (they are actually v. nice). I just thought you'd like to know about Richard's 'caring' attitude towards Judy. When he buys booze in M & S Foodhall in Temple Fortune he usually jokes with the checkout girls, saying: "It's for Judy you know!"

However, I must admit that he's looking good for his age, especially when riding his bike or cruising in his Beetle convertible (I lust after that car!)

p.s. their garden is looking v. untidy at the moment.
    Forum Member
    Felt compelled to join in this thread when I spotted it (I ususally just lurk & post on DSBB) as Rich and Jude have lived just up the road from me since they moved to London and I've seen the kids grow up (they are actually v. nice). I just thought you'd like to know about Richard's 'caring' attitude towards Judy. When he buys booze in M & S Foodhall in Temple Fortune he usually jokes with the checkout girls, saying: "It's for Judy you know!"

However, I must admit that he's looking good for his age, especially when riding his bike or cruising in his Beetle convertible (I lust after that car!)

Any more dirt on the gruesome twosome would be gratefully appreciated.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ooh we like this. Spill that gossip. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 313
    Forum Member

:D
    THAT is first-class gossip! Thank you. De-lurk some more.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At least he's confirmed Jude's drink problem. Allegedly. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did anyone else notice how un-naturally red he looked last night? I know there is nothing wrong with my telly and the weather hasn't been that good so he must have overslept on the sun bed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Oh no, Jude, why didn't you wake me up - I only wanted to be on there for half an hour!!"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Oh no, Jude, why didn't you wake me up - I only wanted to be on there for half an hour!!"

Blimey, I hope you mean the sun bed!:eek:
  • MasqueradeMasquerade Posts: 1,524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Richard wasgrovellingly sycphantic to Joss Stone tonight.Prattling on about her voice and how she was "amazing" etc.
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Masquerade wrote: »
    Richard wasgrovellingly sycphantic to Joss Stone tonight.Prattling on about her voice and how she was "amazing" etc.

She IS good but Richard is so sickening in his fawning praise over guests. It was really bad with Simpsons creator Matt Groening
    Forum Member
    What I don't understand is RM fawns over some guests and is positively hostile to others:confused:
    And its random although he does pick on women a lot, like poor Sophie Ellis Bextor if I was her I'd have slapped him and Judy for marrying the idiot.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can tell Judy's losing it, she's just asked the Cheeky Girls if they're brother and sister. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lol - easy mistake to make, I suppose. Been on the sauce again, Jude? :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,715
    Forum Member
    Kolakube wrote: »
    You can tell Judy's losing it, she's just asked the Cheeky Girls if they're brother and sister. :D

that would be a good Jerry Springer show !

Not watched any of this series of R+J ... thanks for all of the postings though from those brave enough to endure it all !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...Not brave - just very, very stupid. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,053
    Forum Member
    Felt compelled to join in this thread when I spotted it (I ususally just lurk & post on DSBB) as Rich and Jude have lived just up the road from me since they moved to London and I've seen the kids grow up (they are actually v. nice). I just thought you'd like to know about Richard's 'caring' attitude towards Judy.

When he buys booze in M & S Foodhall in Temple Fortune he usually jokes with the checkout girls, saying: "It's for Judy you know!".

Ooh Mr Sensitive eh? I think if he said that to me about Judy, Id make a comment about the shoplifting that he didnt do and the fact he bored the arse off the ex President of the United States about it all......

(then I think Id probably be called to see the Manager lol :D )

Glad you have de-lurked. Now go and throw a trowel and wheelbarrrow over their garden wall, as it's such a mess..... :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh yes - the egotistical wally, claiming the shoplifting incident was his 'Monica Moment.' :D
    Forum Member
    Kolakube wrote: »
    lol - easy mistake to make, I suppose. Been on the sauce again, Jude? :D
    Lol...reminds me of Jonathan Ross' comment when R&J interviewed Shakin' Stevens. "Shaky interviewed by Shaky"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A couple of people I know were on the show yesterday (the father and son from Harrogate who found the Viking treasure) and I see you guys are looking for a bit of goss, its not much but heres what i've been told. :D

They were told to get there very early and sat around for ages before and after having their makeup etc done.
    They had to bring their own food, they were just given a glass of wine each. They were told R&J were very excited about meeting them later :rolleyes: :D
    They were on with some British Museum expert they didn't know, and they were only asked one question each during the whole interview (about a four hour drive to get there, for one question each).
    After the show they waited in the green room but they weren't introduced to R&J off camera, the two of them stayed well away from the guests apparently.
    They were given a picture of R&J saying 'Thanks for coming on our show', it wasn't even signed :rolleyes: :p