The Digital Spy Apprentice - Series 2 - Task Announcement Thread!

Comments

• ShellmanShellman Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    xKatieLx wrote: »
    I agree. He's did really well in all the other tasks. :)

I laughed at "why shouldn't I fire you" and then Zak writes a small essay and Justin writes a one sentence explanation. :D

Same here, it just shows his lack of contribution overall :p
  • xKatieLxxKatieLx Posts: 4,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shellman wrote: »
    Same here, it just shows his lack of contribution overall :p

I haven't worked with David yet but out of Viveza's 4 team members I think Zak has performed the strongest overall and Justin has performed the weakest and I think it would be awful if Zak got fired he really deserves to stay and I think Justin has been slightly lucky to get this far and should have maybe went on the 2nd task.
  • Strictly_IrishStrictly_Irish Posts: 18,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hard luck Justin, I enjoyed working with you on the tasks we did together! Especially the Demi Lovato one. :)
  • gav016gav016 Posts: 5,836
    Forum Member
    Aww, comiserations Justin! I'm very sad to see you go.
  • cheekypetercheekypeter Posts: 6,552
    Forum Member
    Feedback for Reflections
    I think overally you did brilliantly with the concept, with the only issues being that Kickstarter is more PC games than console games, and the fact that you could have aimed for more than £30k.
    In terms of teamwork, I feel some are far too 'me' based and not enough pulling together, but more on this below.

Louise
    A very professional and capable PM. You are naturally assertive, organised, willing to listen to others and have all the qualities a great manager should have. I especially liked how you managed to combine something of almost everyone's ideas whilst using the survey feedback and remaining original. As you are now aware, there were allegations that you delegated yourself barely nothing and that you didn't do a logo, but I think it's fine for a PM to delegate large chunks and have a slightly smaller role while over-seeing. Besides, your last minute step-in for Gav's absence was more than enough. Very well done, and one to watch IMO.

Katie
    You are a very competent and hard-working team member, and the idea to contact gaming forum members was very clever indeed. In terms of contributions, you seem to hold your team together.
    But in other ways, you pull your team apart. Is this round 3 or 4 of Katie vs The PM now? All of your team members said you are negative, although to be honest I could see you were trying to contain this in the group discussions. My biggest issue is with your 'rants' to Jess, in the BR and in evaluations. I understand working with others can be frustrating, but your outbursts will be your downfall if you're not careful; it's very unprofessional and no one will want to work with you, which is a shame as this aside you're one of the best remaining. You can be excellent if you don't let your emotions get the better of you. Also, re Jess, be careful who you confide in.

Gav
    Hmmm, another funny week for you. Great at first, with lots of good contributions on the first night, but obviously you were AWOL today with your side of the task left for someone else to pick up. All of your team picked up on this. I feel like we're still waiting for your 'shining moment'; it needs to come quick or you'll be gone.

Jess
    A strange one. You are a very enthusiastic team member and work very hard indeed. However, I can't shake the feeling that you're out for yourself over the team. I didn't like how you said you wanted to do the pitch after Katie did, and talked yourself into both of you sharing each other's task. I feel like you've always got one eye on what looks good to us and what will make you stand out the most, rather than what's best for the team. Also, I'm not sure of the ethics of telling both me and Louise the things that Katie said to you in private; i think there may have been a bit of scheming going on there at Katie's (and even Louise's - you weren't to know Katie would tell us separately) expense.
    EDIT: These latter comments may be a little harsh on Jess on reflection, as i don't know that she did these things on purpose. Jess, I just think you want to impress us and the katie/Louise thing may be because you thought she had a right to know. Also, it should be noted that you are a great worker and from her evaluation Louise wouldn't have brought you back. :)
  • I've Got ClassI've Got Class Posts: 12,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't say I were 'scheming', had someone been criticising me in such a negative way, I would've wanted to know! I don't think I'm a schemer, well I hope I'm not lol :eek:
  • TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    Feedback time!

Zak: You were very close to going on this task and I think (well, hope) you're aware of this. My problem with your performance on this task wasn't that you weren't a good team member, but a very poor team leader. I think at one point Justin even gave Carlisle a job to do! Ultimately it was your responsibility to read the brief and make sure that what you produce fulfils everything you're asked of and on this particular task you did not fulfil the "originality" requirement. I appreciate that you're not a fan of The Hunger Games or Battle Royale, but with that in mind, why didn't you ask the team members most familiar with these franchises to pinpoint the similarities and then weed them out?

Carlisle: You were a very good member of your team. Yes, the iceberg that sunk the ship was your idea, but to your credit it was one of only a few ideas thrown around. I do think, however, that you let your emotions get the better of you in the boardroom and you lashed out in quite an unprofessional manner more than once. I know you felt ganged up on, but we're here to judge objectively and we could see this was happening. You should fight your corner professionally.

Naruto: Again, I don't really have much to say about you, Naruto. You contributed to the brainstorming process and were worried about the originality so I'd say you did your bit.

General comments: I was kind of tearing my hair out a bit when you were brainstorming and the most likely idea you'd go with was based on a movie and I think I shed genuine tears of frustration when you all agreed to go with it. I've said this in these evaluations before and I'll say it again (hopefully for the last time):

READ THE BRIEF CAREFULLY!
  • Strictly_IrishStrictly_Irish Posts: 18,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you Pete! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Feedback for Reflections
    I think overally you did brilliantly with the concept, with the only issues being that Kickstarter is more PC games than console games, and the fact that you could have aimed for more than £30k.
    In terms of teamwork, I feel some are far too 'me' based and not enough pulling together, but more on this below.

Louise
    A very professional and capable PM. You are naturally assertive, organised, willing to listen to others and have all the qualities a great manager should have. I especially liked how you managed to combine something of almost everyone's ideas whilst using the survey feedback and remaining original. As you are now aware, there were allegations that you delegated yourself barely nothing and that you didn't do a logo, but I think it's fine for a PM to delegate large chunks and have a slightly smaller role while over-seeing. Besides, your last minute step-in for Gav's absence was more than enough. Very well done, and one to watch IMO.

Katie
    You are a very competent and hard-working team member, and the idea to contact gaming forum members was very clever indeed. In terms of contributions, you seem to hold your team together.
    But in other ways, you pull your team apart. Is this round 3 or 4 of Katie vs The PM now? All of your team members said you are negative, although to be honest I could see you were trying to contain this in the group discussions. My biggest issue is with your 'rants' to Jess, in the BR and in evaluations. I understand working with others can be frustrating, but your outbursts will be your downfall if you're not careful; it's very unprofessional and no one will want to work with you, which is a shame as this aside you're one of the best remaining. You can be excellent if you don't let your emotions get the better of you. Also, re Jess, be careful who you confide in.

Gav
    Hmmm, another funny week for you. Great at first, with lots of good contributions on the first night, but obviously you were AWOL today with your side of the task left for someone else to pick up. All of your team picked up on this. I feel like we're still waiting for your 'shining moment'; it needs to come quick or you'll be gone.

Jess
    A strange one. You are a very enthusiastic team member and work very hard indeed. However, I can't shake the feeling that you're out for yourself over the team. I didn't like how you said you wanted to do the pitch after Katie did, and talked yourself into both of you sharing each other's task. I feel like you've always got one eye on what looks good to us and what will make you stand out the most, rather than what's best for the team. Also, I'm not sure of the ethics of telling both me and Louise the things that Katie said to you in private; i think there may have been a bit of scheming going on there at Katie's (and even Louise's - you weren't to know Katie would tell us separately) expense.
    EDIT: These latter comments may be a little harsh on Jess on reflection, as i don't know that she did these things on purpose. Jess, I just think you want to impress us and the katie/Louise thing may be because you thought she had a right to know. Also, it should be noted that you are a great worker and from her evaluation Louise wouldn't have brought you back. :)

I'm interested to know what I said in my evaluation about Jess because I said she was the best person in the team even though she seemed adamant she wanted to do the pitch that Louise delegated to me.

Also I think it's quite funny Jess said I'd rants to her about Louise I think you'll find it was vice versa too. Yes I'll admit I did have a slight moan about Louise to Jess I'll be open and admit that but I also think it's extremely hypocritical considering Jess came up with the tactic last week of wanting me and her working together to get rid of Val. I thought it was a cheap below the belt tactic. The reason why I was negative towards Val was I believed she was a bad PM not because Jess told me to say that. And I think Jess has acted very sneakily in the past two tasks as she's been trying to allign herself with me in picking of other members of the team. Yes I agreed with both her points on Val and Louise but I didn't say negative things about their management because Jess told me to. It was my opinion on both cases. :)

And Jess you've so schemed on the last two tasks wanting to team up with me to pick off weaker team members which I haven't did with you although I agreed with your points on Val and Louise and then trying to double cross me in the BR today and the scheming on that front obviously failed because I'm still here. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm interested to know what I said in my evaluation about Jess because I said she was the best person in the team even though she seemed adamant she wanted to do the pitch that Louise delegated to me.

Also I think it's quite funny Jess said I'd rants to her about Louise I think you'll find it was vice versa too. Yes I'll admit I did have a slight moan about Louise to Jess I'll be open and admit that but I also think it's extremely hypocritical considering Jess came up with the tactic last week of wanting me and her working together to get rid of Val. I thought it was a cheap below the belt tactic. The reason why I was negative towards Val was I believed she was a bad PM not because Jess told me to say that. And I think Jess has acted very sneakily in the past two tasks as she's been trying to allign herself with me in picking of other members of the team. Yes I agreed with both her points on Val and Louise but I didn't say negative things about their management because Jess told me to. It was my opinion on both cases. :)

And Jess you've so schemed on the last two tasks wanting to team up with me to pick off weaker team members which I haven't did with you although I agreed with your points on Val and Louise and then trying to double cross me in the BR today and the scheming on that front obviously failed because I'm still here. :D

LMAO!

I have not had a bad word to say about Louise this task, she was definitely the strongest candidate I have worked with so far! And we didn't have an alliance, we grew close because we shared the same opinion of Val! And I'm slight confused by the last sentence, because we won this task so you're still in the competition- due to the fact we won the task, however, that is not saying you would've been fired had we lost this task.

I think it's slightly humorous how you say 'let's leave it in the past', and then you bring the past back up? Also, regarding the pitch, I asked if I could help out with it, and you agreed- but have seemed negative about this from what I've heard. As well as this, given that the pitch is such a key part of the task, an you were delegated it in the first place- most of my pitch was used?

But in your own words: let's leave it in the past.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LMAO!

I have not had a bad word to say about Louise this task, she was definitely the strongest candidate I have worked with so far! And we didn't have an alliance, we grew close because we shared the same opinion of Val! And I'm slight confused by the last sentence, because we won this task so you're still in the competition- due to the fact we won the task, however, that is not saying you would've been fired had we lost this task.

I think it's slightly humorous how you say 'let's leave it in the past', and then you bring the past back up? Also, regarding the pitch, I asked if I could help out with it, and you agreed- but have seemed negative about this from what I've heard. As well as this, given that the pitch is such a key part of the task, an you were delegated it in the first place- most of my pitch was used?

But in your own words: let's leave it in the past.

In both this and the last task, you've said to me on MSN let's say Val / Louise was a rubbish PM and get them fired. Then on this one you tried to go behind my back and say Louise was great and I was rubbish and try and get rid of me. I didn't say one bad word against you apart from, you throwing a strop over not being involved in the pitch initially.

Also I said "let's leave things in the past" before I found out what you did by going to Louise and denying you'd any involvement in asking me to plot with you to try and get rid of Louise and then try and get rid off me and then lie about it.

Also to everyone left in the process and to the advisors I've made a new MSN and added you all as I needed to make a new account as this one will save my message history. I feel it's important now I have my message history saved so that I can record messages and people like Jess can't lie in the boardroom and scheme on MSN like she did on this task. So I've added you's all so can you please accept me as a friend. por favor. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In both this and the last task, you've said to me on MSN let's say Val / Louise was a rubbish PM and get them fired. Then on this one you tried to go behind my back and say Louise was great and I was rubbish and try and get rid of me. I didn't say one bad word against you apart from, you throwing a strop over not being involved in the pitch initially.

Also I said "let's leave things in the past" before I found out what you did by going to Louise and denying you'd any involvement in asking me to plot with you to try and get rid of Louise and then try and get rid off me and then lie about it.

Also to everyone left in the process and to the advisors I've made a new MSN and added you all as I needed to make a new account as this one will save my message history. I feel it's important now I have my message history saved so that I can record messages and people like Jess can't lie in the boardroom and scheme on MSN like she did on this task. So I've added you's all so can you please accept me as a friend. por favor. :)

That is not even true in the slightest, I said time and time again in this task what an amazing PM she was, and would not say she was rubbish when she was clearly an absolutely phenomenal PM.

I never 'lied in the boardroom', and if I did, please point out where I did

and I'm pretty sure Louise confirm that it wasn't 'a strop', I asked if I could be involved, and she said that it was fine, as did you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is not even true in the slightest, I said time and time again in this task what an amazing PM she was, and would not say she was rubbish when she was clearly an absolutely phenomenal PM.

I never 'lied in the boardroom', and if I did, please point out where I did

and I'm pretty sure Louise confirm that it wasn't 'a strop', I asked if I could be involved, and she said that it was fine, as did you.

No Louise sent out a PM and said Katie you do the pitch, Jess you do the " £10 = stuff £50 = " and you said oh but i wanna do the pitch and then it ended up me and you did the joint pitch and I did the whole job you were assigned to do.

And you so said to me on MSN let's say Louise was a bad PM yesterday let's get her fired and you said on the last task Val was a bad PM let's write really negative stuff about her and get her fired. Then what you said to me about Louise on MSN is so different to what you said about her in your task evaluations. At the end of the day, you have a gameplan which is lying so you can save yourself and fair enough, that's maybe a good strategy to use and it's obviously paid off because your still here and that's fine. I don't agree with it but if that's what you wanna do go ahead I've no problem with that. My strategy's just throw myself into the tasks, contribute lots and try and win. Maybe your strategy's better as you've been in the BR one time less than me but I'm happy to continue on as I am, just don't make up lies and drag me into your scheming cause I'll be honest and say exactly what you do from now on. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No Louise sent out a PM and said Katie you do the pitch, Jess you do the " £10 = stuff £50 = " and you said oh but i wanna do the pitch and then it ended up me and you did the joint pitch and I did the whole job you were assigned to do.

And you so said to me on MSN let's say Louise was a bad PM yesterday let's get her fired and you said on the last task Val was a bad PM let's write really negative stuff about her and get her fired. Then what you said to me about Louise on MSN is so different to what you said about her in your task evaluations. At the end of the day, you have a gameplan which is lying so you can save yourself and fair enough, that's maybe a good strategy to use and it's obviously paid off because your still here and that's fine. I don't agree with it but if that's what you wanna do go ahead I've no problem with that. My strategy's just throw myself into the tasks, contribute lots and try and win. Maybe your strategy's better as you've been in the BR one time less than me but I'm happy to continue on as I am, just don't make up lies and drag me into your scheming cause I'll be honest and say exactly what you do from now on. :)

I'm the liar? Louise was very clearly an excellent PM, and this conversation is an absolute lie. I don't even want to respond to you, because to use something which happened in a previous task, and twist it so it involves Louise (who was once again an excellent PM) is disgusting.
  • Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I said to David Katie, accusing peeps IMO without evidence is just hear say.

I think Jess was chilled out this week and was pleasent to me during the pitch and in the boardroom seemed nice. Not as sarcastic as in previous weeks as Ana wanted you to :D
  • cheekypetercheekypeter Posts: 6,552
    Forum Member
    I don't know what to say to all these posts, as it is obvious that one of you is lying MAJORLY. :eek::eek:

Katie, I think that's definitely the right idea to be able to save your messages, and let one of us know straight away if someone says something inappropriate to you during the task; Jess pasted your Louise comments to me so I suggest you do the same now.

It is a shame there's no evidence, but Jess if this is true this isn't very good for you at all as I'd already expressed concerns about your tactics/motives in this game. I guess we'll never know.

Also Katie, I think you misinterpreted my comments earlier. I know you didn't rant ABOUT Jess, I meant ranting TO Jess about Louise was one of three things I'd picked up on. I said, "My biggest issue is with your 'rants' to Jess, in the BR and in evaluations," meaning 3 different ways you'd been negative about Louise, that's all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know what to say to all these posts, as it is obvious that one of you is lying MAJORLY. :eek::eek:

Katie, I think that's definitely the right idea to be able to save your messages, and let one of us know straight away if someone says something inappropriate to you during the task; Jess pasted your Louise comments to me so I suggest you do the same now.

It is a shame there's no evidence, but Jess if this is true this isn't very good for you at all as I'd already expressed concerns about your tactics/motives in this game. I guess we'll never know.

Also Katie, I think you misinterpreted my comments earlier. I know you didn't rant ABOUT Jess, I meant ranting TO Jess about Louise was one of three things I'd picked up on. I said, "My biggest issue is with your 'rants' to Jess, in the BR and in evaluations," meaning 3 different ways you'd been negative about Louise, that's all.

It's not true in the slightest, and I can forward you the MSN conversation I have just had with Katie? :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Agree Peter. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh right I did misinterpret that sorry. :(

I've admitted I made a few comments to Jess saying I didn't think Louise was a great manager. I made that clear that I believed that in the BR and in my evaluations. I didn't agree with Jess's decision to tell Louise what I said about her although I can see why she did it. However, Jess did make comments about Val to me which she's admitted and one or two comments about Louise which she hasn't.

I'd just like us to move on from it and me and Jess to agree to disagree on the Louise thing. We won the task at the end of the day and I've asked Jess to move onwards and upwards for the sake of future tasks and she's agreed so we're fine after the long chat we've had on MSN. :)
  • TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    Omg..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tyjet wrote: »
    Omg..

LOL you can just imagine it if it was real apprentice.
    When it goes to the winners house - Louise, Jess and Katie arguing with Gav sitting down awkwardly. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr_XcX wrote: »
    LOL you can just imagine it if it was real apprentice.
    When it goes to the winners house - Louise, Jess and Katie arguing with Gav sitting down awkwardly. :D

:D

Louise is fine now. I've admitted I said she was a bad PM - during the task, in my evaluations and in the BR obviously I'm in the minority on thinking that but me and Louise have agreed to move on. :) Imagine if we lost the BR would still probably be going on now. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if we will get a Nene Leakes meltdown at the task reveal on Thursday or Friday

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQ9XBpExw18

I'll leave y'all to decide which forum members would be Nene and Star :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr_XcX wrote: »
    I wonder if we will get a Nene Leakes meltdown at the task reveal on Thursday or Friday

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQ9XBpExw18

I'll leave y'all to decide which forum members would be Nene and Star :o

OMG I've never seen that clip before that makes the UK Apprentice candidates seem normal-ish. I love how the other two girls in the team say nothing the whole time. :D
  • Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey, guys.

I'm back, haha. Thanks for not firing me, Anactoria! Commiserations to Justin for being fired - and it's okay, it's all in the past now and we can move on!! :) I do still feel that this originality thing was totally blown out of proportion because the main 'links' seemed to be the concept (which has never actually been done before in video game form - and if anything; having the release coincide with THG would be more beneficial.) and the food & drink thing - which I wouldn't say was necessarily a link because it's kind of a fundamental factor for a survival game.

Anyway - this is totally not like, a flame post or trying to make me look bitter (I'm sure it will anyway)... Its just I asked both Tyjet & Peter last night on msn (from looking at chatlogs) and they didn't really give proper reasons as to why it was this massive issue - with Tyjet stating the food and drink thing and Peter saying that the copy/paste quotation in the pitch was a problem despite being used to show that there were people out there who would be interested in the game. If you could clarify that'd be awesomesauce - and, I totally respect your decision in the end because its yours to make not mine, or anybody elses.

Also - I would like to apologize for lashing out. I don't really have an excuse but I have had the most stressful week EVER. (Losing a memory stick with 30+ pages of coursework on with the final deadline being in the following few days). I've literally had about 3-4 hours sleep every night this week (except for Friday night) and i'm still absolutely exhausted so when everyone was turning on me and scapegoating me I was really angry; so, apologies for that! I'll come back bigger and better next week! And, shockingly, for the first time in a while, i'll be around all of next weekend. :)