Take That vs. Westlife

Take That vs. Westlife - I’m judging on these different categories, I’m going to try and be objective!

Dancing – Take That win, choreography is brilliant, they can break-dance – do Westlife dance at all, only on tour and not very well! TT wins.

Singing – The lead singers of both bands have good voices, the ones who sing backing vocals in both bands haven’t. Shane Filan has technically got a better voice than Gary. Westlife win.

Song writing – Need I really comment on this category, but TT write they’re own songs Westlife don’t. TT wins.

Looks – Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but comparing all 8 members of both bands, top four best looking IMO in no particular order are Mark Owen, Jason and Howard from Take That and Nicky from Westlife. TT wins.

Album Sales – Take That 45 million, Westlife 34 million. TT wins.

Take That win, they are the best!! what d’ya think?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 286
    Forum Member
    No need to analyse it by category, TT are a million times better than Westlife in every respect.

Watching Westlife's new video is like sticking two fingers down your throat
  • lymlym Posts: 2,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No need to analyse it by category, TT are a million times better than Westlife in every respect.

Watching Westlife's new video is like sticking two fingers down your throat

I agree, westlife are a very bad copy of TT. I don't understand why anyone likes them.... :rolleyes:
  • Gaz.BazGaz.Baz Posts: 1,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    all of westlife's voices are pure crap
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe this is even being discussed. No contest.
  • CoolboyACoolboyA Posts: 10,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't believe this is even being discussed. No contest. (Sorry, quote button wouldnt work)

So i guess you like Westlife better? ;) LOL
    Ive only herad a few Take That songs but they are miles better. I love 'Patience'
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Take That all the way!!!!!!!! There's no Comparrison (sp) :)
  • keli77keli77 Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The BIG difference between the 2 is that Take That knew when to stop, & Westlife don't! Take That went whilst they were still on top, most people now agree that Westlife have well & truly had their time , except their hardcore fan base! & look how peoples reactions to Take that are now they have reunited, will the same happen for Westlife in 10-15 years time? I doubt it very much!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,203
    Forum Member
    Westlife Are The Best!!!!!
  • Chelsey AcklesChelsey Ackles Posts: 1,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :rolleyes: *SIGH* This isn't even close.

Take That shits on Westlife.
  • HellBoyHellBoy Posts: 5,354
    Forum Member
    Take That all the way....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 218
    Forum Member
    I love Westlife, I've been to see them twice and they gave a great show, the atmosphere was amazing there (I'm sure it's the same with TT). Westlife themselves have said that their dream was to be in a band like Take That and that was a reason for starting. Dancing wise though TT definately pip them lol. Singing I personally prefer Westlife's voacals, and think that the Westlife boys are better looking as none of Take That are my type really. It's just personal opinon really.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All Westlife is just a accomplished Karaoke act. They day I take them seriously is the day they stop going for the karaoke book to see which song they can easily cash in on.
    Forum Member
    russnet wrote:
    All Westlife is just a accomplished Karaoke act. They day I take them seriously is the day they stop going for the karaoke book to see which song they can easily cash in on.

It most definately works though it's not as if nobody likes the music they are making.
  • HellBoyHellBoy Posts: 5,354
    Forum Member
    Westlife have it easy and its easy money that's why they haven't split up!

Every comeback they do during a year is based on covers or one major cover which gets flogged to death on the 'X Factor' as well as major name dropping from Louis Walsh. All the grannies and housewives go out and buy it and make it #1 as well as the album and also they win record of the year due to the fans they have. Its really unfare and in some ways cheating. No wonder none of them go solo, its so easy for them! I just hope the UK public who supports them, wakes up from their 7-8 year sleep and listen to someone decent!
    Forum Member
    How is having a lot of fans cheating? People like their music, I personally don't like a lot of Hip Hop music, some people don't like Westlife music, I find them easy to listen to pop, completely harmless.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like Westlife, LOVE Take That. So its TT for me. Tho Shane and Mark from the 'loife do have very good voices.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 396
    Forum Member
    Westlife arn't a bunch of bad singers but at the end of the day when they say there releasing a new single your not excited about it because you just know its gonns be another love or a cover song..........i'm not trying to sound horrible about them but i just thing they should have split up when they were on top...... :)

Take That have only been able to sell out 1/2 million tickets in such a short space of time and have all amazing reviews then come back with a great tune is because they went out on top...........and not everything but alot was there own unique stuff and style......... :)

I think you know i'm for Take That...........lol :)
    Theres just something so unique aboutt hem and they gel so well together which is something you don't see that much of anymore........

Anna.XXXXXXXX :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    HellBoy wrote:
    All the grannies and housewives go out and buy it and make it #1

Please give us some credit - there are plenty of housewives out there (desperate or otherwise) who wouldn't buy a Westlife cd if their life depended on it.

Some of us even have a mind of our own and exceptional music taste.

Take That all the way :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,846
    Forum Member
    Absolutely no competition whatsoever.

Take That win hands down.
  • Charisma2Charisma2 Posts: 1,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best singers - Westlife

Best writers - Take That

Both good at what they do. Like them both equally.
  • cat80cat80 Posts: 4,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Westlife but Take That win hands down, they are the original and the best boyband and no-one has even come close yet. Shane has a lovely voice but Gary's has a much better sound to it
  • LoubeeLoubee Posts: 1,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, voices-wise, I'd go with Westlife, and same with looks (but I agree it's personnal - IMO 3/4 members of TT look as though they've been dragged through a bush backwards kicking and screaming!)

Song-wise, obviously TT write their own songs, and I ADORE Patience. TT also dance better, but then Westlife admit themselves they are useless at dancing.

At the end of the day, I don't think it's TT vs. Westlife, because I think they're both helping each other out. Westlife have proven to TT there's still a market for boy-bands (well, man-bands now lol!) and TT have given rise to more pop comebacks - which I hope is going to bring pop back again in a big way!

Anyway, for me, I prefer Westlife. I'm not saying they're cutting edge, but I like simple, melodic music and knowing what I'm going to get. That's my taste - everyone bashes on about how boring they are, but in my mind, all this 'hip hop,' 'rap,' 'dreary indie/emo' music is what's boring to me. It's all about personnal taste, and I'm not ashamed! ;)
  • soapmaniasoapmania Posts: 7,452
    Forum Member
    Take That without a shadow of a doubt are better than Westlife!!!... Take That have it all including loads of PERSONALITY... which westlife seriously lack...sorry!!! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 108
    Forum Member
    soapmania wrote:
    Take That without a shadow of a doubt are better than Westlife!!!... Take That have it all including loads of PERSONALITY... which westlife seriously lack...sorry!!! :D

Have to agree with that wholeheartedly!!!!

TT all the way!!!!

I've witnessed both bands in concert and they are like chalk and cheese with TT being extremely exciting and Westlife being dull ..... no charisma, no nothing, no contest.
  • Psycho_KittyPsycho_Kitty Posts: 1,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How dare you insult TT by using 'westlife' in the same sentence as them. :p