When will Deathly Hallows be broadcast on Freeview?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,273
Forum Member
I mean the Harry Potter films, parts 1 and 2 of course. Yes, yes, I know I'm just too cheap to pay for film channels and frankly I'd probably buy the DVD rather than subscribe to services I hardly have time to watch. It's just that it was released ages ago and although I know Sky have shown it, when's it going to come on Freeview? Anyone know? Are the free channels just to poor to afford it now?

Comments

• intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    Probably 2020, if not later!:p
  • TarotTarot Posts: 11,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sky have only just started showing part two on their regular film channels so it will be a while yet; It will probably be Christmas before they're shown on Freeview.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    It would take a long time for it to come to Freeview, Even The Dark Knight hasn't been shown on TV at all
  • Fowl FaxFowl Fax Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    3-4 years is the standard time it takes a movie to appear on freeview.

So looking at approximately 2014 for part 1 and 2015 for part 2.

Some films however take ages like Rocky Balboa.
  • yaristamanyaristaman Posts: 1,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fowl Fax wrote: »
    3-4 years is the standard time it takes a movie to appear on freeview.

So looking at approximately 2014 for part 1 and 2015 for part 2.

Some films however take ages like Rocky Balboa.

Hasn't been that long for a few years now. Nowadays it's more like 2-3 years.

Part 1 will probably premier sometime in the summer and Part 2 will probably be Xmas/early 2014.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    yaristaman wrote: »
    Hasn't been that long for a few years now. Nowadays it's more like 2-3 years.

Part 1 will probably premier sometime in the summer and Part 2 will probably be Xmas/early 2014.

I'm not certain, but i seem to remember reading that Sky had recently managed to get some sort of exclusivity deal for the HP films, so it will also depend on how long that deal was for.

Also, with it being a Warner Bros. series there is the possibility that it might end up taking longer than the norm for it's terrestrial premiere, as has already been mentioned The Dark Knight (also a WB film) is still yet to receive it's terrestrial premiere nearly 5 years after it's theatrical release.
  • yaristamanyaristaman Posts: 1,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CJClarke wrote: »
    I'm not certain, but i seem to remember reading that Sky had recently managed to get some sort of exclusivity deal for the HP films, so it will also depend on how long that deal was for.

Also, with it being a Warner Bros. series there is the possibility that it might end up taking longer than the norm for it's terrestrial premiere, as has already been mentioned The Dark Knight (also a WB film) is still yet to receive it's terrestrial premiere nearly 5 years after it's theatrical release.

The first 3 were on ITV in Jan/Feb so that deal may be over (I think it was mainly for the Xmas/New Year period.

See your point about The Dark Knight but Potters 5 and 6 premiered roughly 2 and a half years after cinema release so The Dark Knight may be the exception for some reason. Mind you The Hangover and Get Smart are also still to premiere and Batman Begins took about 4 years as well so seems a mixed bag where WB are concerned.