A Thread For Anyone, Any Gigs, and A More General Discussion of Everything (Part 4)

Comments

• cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Cool :cool: I suppose working in HR must be a very boring job so they need something to do :p
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    True, they are always coming up with more and more innovative ways of pissing us off :D
    Forum Member
    What have they come up with now? :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Too many to list here.
    Forum Member
    That bad huh? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Argh I hate people who assume I am pro Labour because I am anti Tory :mad:
    Forum Member
    Morning!
  • x+yx+y Posts: 2,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morning CNBC! How's life, the universe and everything from your part of the world?
    Forum Member
    Everything's fine apart from the lecturer situation. That's still going on. One girl heard the rumour and she was relieved when I told her that I would rather eat live bees washed down with sulphuric acid than sleep with the lecturer :D I hope the rumour dies down soon. I have the lecturer in question for Equity this evening and I hope she doesn't find out someone was spreading a rumour about me and her :o How's the new iPad?
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,916
    Forum Member
    Morning
    Forum Member
    Morning Mimi!
    Forum Member
    How are you all?
    Forum Member
    I'm fine apart from the lecturer situation. It's still going on. What about you Mimi? Everything ok on your side of the world?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everything's fine apart from the lecturer situation. That's still going on. One girl heard the rumour and she was relieved when I told her that I would rather eat live bees washed down with sulphuric acid than sleep with the lecturer :D I hope the rumour dies down soon. I have the lecturer in question for Equity this evening and I hope she doesn't find out someone was spreading a rumour about me and her :o How's the new iPad?

I doubt she'd take much notice even if she did hear something. If she does say anything to you, just explain the situation. You're not in the wrong here and have nothing to worry about!:)

Didn't get home until 3:40 this morning, so I'm practically a Zombie at work today and I'm here until around 7pm tonight.

iPad's working well at the moment. The battery life is much better on it than my old one. I took it out DJing last night and it did well. Sound quality is better too I noticed.:)

Hi Mimi:) How are you today? Haven't heard from you this week, hows radio going?
    Forum Member
    x+y wrote: »
    I doubt she'd take much notice even if she did hear something. If she does say anything to you, just explain the situation. You're not in the wrong here and have nothing to worry about!:)

Didn't get home until 3:40 this morning, so I'm practically a Zombie at work today and I'm here until around 7pm tonight.

iPad's working well at the moment. The battery life is much better on it than my old one. I took it out DJing last night and it did well. Sound quality is better too I noticed.:)

Hi Mimi:) How are you today? Haven't heard from you this week, hows radio going?

Well if she did hear something she'd probably wonder what they were thinking making up silly rumours. She probably knows herself that nothing will happen between me and her. I have a lecture with her this evening and if she says anything to me then I'm gonna tell her that the whole thing is a load of nonsense and it's not true. I'll leave out the bit about the live bees :p

Did you have fun DJing with the new iPad? Do you play in clubs? Of course the battery life would be better, it's a new iPad after all :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well if she did hear something she'd probably wonder what they were thinking making up silly rumours. She probably knows herself that nothing will happen between me and her. I have a lecture with her this evening and if she says anything to me then I'm gonna tell her that the whole thing is a load of nonsense and it's not true. I'll leave out the bit about the live bees :p

Did you have fun DJing with the new iPad? Do you play in clubs? Of course the battery life would be better, it's a new iPad after all :D

Doubt she will - she's not going to randomly blurt it out during a lecture is she? I don't know if she has a sense of humour or not?

Yes it was nice. I had to put it away and revert to old fashioned CD's halfway through as I get worried someone will spill drink all over it. It would just be my luck for that to happen.>:(
    I DJ at Cardiff Uni's students Union on a Wednesday evening. Had about 1,500 students in last night. Was a good night. Mainly played a mix of Rock, Cheese and Party anthems.:)
    Forum Member
    Doubt she will - she's not going to randomly blurt it out during a lecture is she? I don't know if she has a sense of humour or not?

Yes it was nice. I had to put it away and revert to old fashioned CD's halfway through as I get worried someone will spill drink all over it. It would just be my luck for that to happen.>:(
    I DJ at Cardiff Uni's students Union on a Wednesday evening. Had about 1,500 students in last night. Was a good night. Mainly played a mix of Rock, Cheese and Party anthems.:)

I don't think she will! She's not that type. She might ask me privately though. I'm not sure either, she's not one to make jokes about things during lectures but I've talked to her in her office and she seemed to show it a bit more then as she was chatting to me a bit as well. Nothing happened in there though and just as well :D She comes across as strict in lectures but she isn't really.

Glad you had fun with it :cool: You can't trust anyone with drink and tech :o If someone spilled drink over it you'd have to go back down the Apple Store to get another new one! Did going to the Apple store convince you to switch to Mac or are you happy with Windows?
    Forum Member
    I'm fine apart from the lecturer situation. It's still going on. What about you Mimi? Everything ok on your side of the world?

The rumours will die down, I'm sure. :)

I'm not bad thanks. It's raining really hard today in the South East (England). I was driving in it earlier, not fun! I think that it has got worse since I got home though.

I'm just sat with my laptop listening to music with a cup of tea. Dinner is cooking. It smells lovely, I can't wait to eat it :D We have beef stew. Proper winter food.

I bet you're tired! :D I can't sleep during the day so I'd probably stay up as best I could until around 7ish.

I haven't been at the radio station this week, they're still having some work done. It's based at a holiday park so they are getting it ready for opening again.

You on at the usual time today?
    Forum Member
    mimicole wrote: »

I'm not bad thanks. It's raining really hard today in the South East (England). I was driving in it earlier, not fun! I think that it has got worse since I got home though.

I'm just sat with my laptop listening to music with a cup of tea. Dinner is cooking. It smells lovely, I can't wait to eat it :D We have beef stew. Proper winter food.

I hope so. I'm sick of it. I have a lecture with her at 6 and I'm dreading it, but I'll come on here during the lecture so it mightn't be so bad :p Hopefully she won't notice! It's raining here in Ireland too but it's not as heavy. Sounds fun :p I'm in a lecture at the moment and then I'll need to go to the library for an hour or two before my lecture to finish my research stuff. Riveting :p
    Forum Member
    I hope so. I'm sick of it. I have a lecture with her at 6 and I'm dreading it, but I'll come on here during the lecture so it mightn't be so bad :p Hopefully she won't notice! It's raining here in Ireland too but it's not as heavy. Sounds fun :p I'm in a lecture at the moment and then I'll need to go to the library for an hour or two before my lecture to finish my research stuff. Riveting :p

If it keeps going on, speak to somebody about it (your lecturer or somebody else who works at uni). It's a very serious rumour and it needs to be stopped. You'll be able to find out later on whether or not the lecturer in question is aware of the situation.
    Forum Member
    If it keeps going on, speak to somebody about it (your lecturer or somebody else who works at uni). It's a very serious rumour and it needs to be stopped. You'll be able to find out later on whether or not the lecturer in question is aware of the situation.

I might have to, but I'm gonna give it a few days and see if the whole thing dies down. In some ways it would be better if she wasn't aware as it could ruin her career and she might get sacked. I don't want that :( If it keeps going on then I might try and do something.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think she will! She's not that type. She might ask me privately though. I'm not sure either, she's not one to make jokes about things during lectures but I've talked to her in her office and she seemed to show it a bit more then as she was chatting to me a bit as well. Nothing happened in there though and just as well :D She comes across as strict in lectures but she isn't really.

Glad you had fun with it :cool: You can't trust anyone with drink and tech :o If someone spilled drink over it you'd have to go back down the Apple Store to get another new one! Did going to the Apple store convince you to switch to Mac or are you happy with Windows?

Yeah I will be very annoyed then. I don't think the warranty will cover beer spillage somehow, so it's best to abit old fashioned and use CD's. If one of them breaks I won't be crying as much.:p

I may go over to the Mac side one day......won't be for a while though, probably when this laptop stops working or starts playing up, not to mention I can't afford it at the moment. I'm trying to save ££££. :)
    Forum Member
    I might have to, but I'm gonna give it a few days and see if the whole thing dies down. In some ways it would be better if she wasn't aware as it could ruin her career and she might get sacked. I don't want that :( If it keeps going on then I might try and do something.

Of course :) Hopefully it'll just die down.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I bet you're tired! :D I can't sleep during the day so I'd probably stay up as best I could until around 7ish.

I haven't been at the radio station this week, they're still having some work done. It's based at a holiday park so they are getting it ready for opening again.

You on at the usual time today?

I'm not too bad actually. I seem to have more energy today than I did this time yesterday. I got up about 10am today and got into work at about 11am this morning. I've been busy designing a power point presentation about the station to present a local charity group tomorrow morning, as well as answering phone calls all day.

Yes I'm on as per usual today. Just nipped down to the shop to stock up on snacks to keep me going.:)

What's being done to your studio's then? They're not taking your mixer away are they?:o;-)
    Forum Member
    I'm not too bad actually. I seem to have more energy today than I did this time yesterday. I got up about 10am today and got into work at about 11am this morning. I've been busy designing a power point presentation about the station to present a local charity group tomorrow morning, as well as answering phone calls all day.

Yes I'm on as per usual today. Just nipped down to the shop to stock up on snacks to keep me going.:)

What's being done to your studio's then? They're not taking your mixer away are they?:o;-)

No, I still have a mixer :D It needs altering slightly I think because it was the first time that it had been used when I was on last. The person who's show I take part in wasn't in today because it was his birthday. Everything seems to be a little up in the air at the moment. :) It'll settle soon, I'm sure.

What snacks have you got? We're trying not to snack at the moment. It's frustrating!