The Dark Knight RISES Official Thread

Comments

• mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i thought batman :dead end was pretty good for an amatuer effort..it came out before batman begins maybe they should let this guy take over when Nolan moves on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hjp0I_okX0w
  • bexmil89bexmil89 Posts: 4,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't know where to ask so I'll ask here: why do people say Chris Nolan is overrated? He hasn't even won any awards for the films he has made so I don't see how he is classed overrated
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anne Hathaway??? seriously?

I mean SERIOUSLY?

http://roflrazzi.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/anne-catwoman.gif
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bexmil89 wrote: »
    I didn't know where to ask so I'll ask here: why do people say Chris Nolan is overrated? He hasn't even won any awards for the films he has made so I don't see how he is classed overrated

Yeah I said that to someone on another thread. He's won no awards and I actually know hardly anyone who knows who he is. I say "Christopher Nolan" they say "who" I say "Director of Inception" they "oh okay". They his films but not him.
  • thedarklordthedarklord Posts: 2,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bexmil89 wrote: »

I think some people say he's overrated because of the amount of hype his films generate. Christopher Nolan's fan base is growing and when that happens you get those 'die hard' fans who worship him who say that he's the greatest director that ever lived. People find this annoying and reply by saying that he's overrated. It's the same with Twilight, people only say it's overrated because of its crazy fans. The Twilight films aren't the worst the way some people say, they're just average.
  • 00tommo00tommo Posts: 2,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope Scarecrow will return.

Im pretty sure we're going to see Scarecrow somewhere at Arkhum with Bane.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    00tommo wrote: »
    Im pretty sure we're going to see Scarecrow somewhere at Arkhum with Bane.

Doesn't Bane take drugs to get strong?? Maybe they can twist it to make Scarecrow to provide the drugs.
  • bexmil89bexmil89 Posts: 4,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think some people say he's overrated because of the amount of hype his films generate. Christopher Nolan's fan base is growing and when that happens you get those 'die hard' fans who worship him who say that he's the greatest director that ever lived. People find this annoying and reply by saying that he's overrated. It's the same with Twilight, people only say it's overrated because of its crazy fans. The Twilight films aren't the worst the way some people say, they're just average.

I agree crazy fans are annoying! I like him as a director, having seen the films he's directed but I wouldn't say he's the greatest ever, but I do like his directing style!
  • ritchritch Posts: 2,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm lookign forward to what Tom Hardy is going to be like in Bane, could be every bit as exciting as Ledger's effort, these guys are in the same league intesity wise. He may steal the film. Catwoman doesnt excite me much but could be a pleasent surprise, much as two face was

I cant see how they can come back with the Batman fanchise within at least ten years. while these films are still in the publics consciousness someone else will have a hell of a job comparing to Nolan's vision
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Although I live Joseph Gordon Levitt as an actor I hope he isn't cast in The Dark Knight Rises. The problem with Christopher Nolan now is he's sort of casting the same actors over and over again. Sir Michael Caine will be in his fifth Nolan and Christian Bale will be in his fourth. I think bringing in both Tom Hardy AND Joseph Gordon Levitt isn't a good idea but that's just me. Hopefully I'm proven wrong and they do a fantastic job.
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    don't like the title . sounds like it's Batman getting up in the morning .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm getting sick and tired of people saying that they don't like the name. Just because a film has a crappy name doesn't mean that it won't be good. Are you now not going to see it just because you don't like the name?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although I live Joseph Gordon Levitt as an actor I hope he isn't cast in The Dark Knight Rises. The problem with Christopher Nolan now is he's sort of casting the same actors over and over again. Sir Michael Caine will be in his fifth Nolan and Christian Bale will be in his fourth. I think bringing in both Tom Hardy AND Joseph Gordon Levitt isn't a good idea but that's just me. Hopefully I'm proven wrong and they do a fantastic job.

Whats wrong with actors/directors combinations?

Robert DiNiro - Martin Scorsece

Leonardo DiCaprio - Martin Scorsece

Jason Lee - Kevin Smith

Tom Hanks - Steven Speilberg
  • SpaceToiletsSpaceToilets Posts: 3,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, because directors like Alfred Hitchcock, Martin Scorsese, Tim Burton, etc cast the same actors more than once in their films and it clearly ruined them as a result
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,152
    Forum Member
    Can Ellen Page be given a role as well- she could play Barbara Gordon but not as Batgirl
  • VolVol Posts: 2,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm getting sick and tired of people saying that they don't like the name. Just because a film has a crappy name doesn't mean that it won't be good. Are you now not going to see it just because you don't like the name?

It's far more common that a film with a bad title will in fact, be bad though :p... see 'Quantum of Solace' :(.
  • jamespondojamespondo Posts: 6,040
    Forum Member
    JGL could be playing a new character because Batman Begins and Dark Knight featured several characters created for the Nolan universe. I also hope the rumours of Robin Williams played Dr Strange turn out to be true because Selina Kyle seems more like a complicated love interest than a villain. The cast list would be phenomenal.

But yeah, the title could be better. I felt sure this movie would be title Gotham City.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member

Ah, you think it might be a real time film of Bruce getting up and doing his morning chores ...
    2 and a half hours of the 'real' Batman ....
    The fourth film will be called 'What Bruce did next'
    And the final chapter 'The Dark Knight Gets Tired'

I like it, I think you hit the nail on the head Virgil Tracy !
  • biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    Does anyone think maybe joseph GL could maybe just have like a 5min cameo as the joker?? I mean dress him up as heaths joker with cracked/faded dirty makeup and put him in a dark cell with just little moon light shining in and abit back from the camera and they would actually look almost identical!! Lol!!
    Forum Member
    Yuffie wrote: »
    Ah, you think it might be a real time film of Bruce getting up and doing his morning chores ...
    2 and a half hours of the 'real' Batman ....
    The fourth film will be called 'What Bruce did next'
    And the final chapter 'The Dark Knight Gets Tired'

I like it, I think you hit the nail on the head Virgil Tracy !

That or whats risen in his boxers!! Lol. THE DARK KNIGHT RISES..........in his pants!!
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    biggebruv wrote: »
    Does anyone think maybe joseph GL could maybe just have like a 5min cameo as the joker?? I mean dress him up as heaths joker with cracked/faded dirty makeup and put him in a dark cell with just little moon light shining in and abit back from the camera and they would actually look almost identical!! Lol!!

i thought the same without the LOL....lol

they look similar
    Forum Member
    whedon247 wrote: »
    i thought the same without the LOL....lol

they look similar

Ha be funny if he was actually practising the voice heath did in a mirror. I wonder who he could play if not joker cameo! Then who! ? Please not the dreaded robin!! Lol no nolan wouldt do that to us surely
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nolan has already said that The Joker would not return in any form in Rises.