Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 8)

Comments

• Options
    miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Slew of Christmas adverts today. I haven't seen the new John Lewis one yet but already dreading it!
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I Wanna be a Toys R Us kid, I want to jump out of the window when this comes on :mad:
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iamsofired wrote: »
    Kevin Bacon one just goes on and on....and on...

I came on here to post that very sentiment. I used to quite like Kevin Bacon. Not any more.
  • Options
    citizenx103citizenx103 Posts: 1,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ebay.

I hate the ads they've been showing for the last few months.

Firstly, the voice-over woman is patronising and narcissistic - "Its like everything is chosen especially, FOR ME".

No it isn't. The people on ebay are not there just to satisfy "you", they're there for their own reasons.

Second, the hipster jerk in the vid. What a smug looking git. Take your carefree mincing and do one son.

Finally, the music. Awful. Is it Gabriella Cilmi? It sounds like her. The who thing is ridiculously OTT and doesn't sound pleasant on the ear - its so obviously not a natural singing style.

So, ultimately, ebay appear to be targetting tone deaf, smug, narcissistic hipster *****.
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    I Wanna be a Toys R Us kid, I want to jump out of the window when this comes on :mad:

I musch prefered the old advert, theres millions says Jeffery all under one roof!
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    The old advert with the Magical Place music = classic :):D
    The new one with Toys R US kid = shite :mad::(
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RingoJ739K wrote: »
    ITS NOVEMBER! Why are we still seeing Halloween themed adverts from BT and Wowcher?:mad:

They kept showing the: "I'm shtaying upshtairs, for the Holympics (said in Spanish accent)" BT advert way after the Olympics had finished as well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ant and bloody Dec............................................
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John Lewis.

Yet again those moronic bellends in the insane parallel universe of advertising have seen fit to ruin a fairly decent classic song ("The Power of Love" by Frankie Goes To Hollywood) by using a version with a weedy female vocal.
  • Options
    LowriLowri Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eraserhead wrote: »
    John Lewis.

Yet again those moronic bellends in the insane parallel universe of advertising have seen fit to ruin a fairly decent classic song ("The Power of Love" by Frankie Goes To Hollywood) by using a version with a weedy female vocal.

Call me soppy but I like it! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    ebay.

Firstly, the voice-over woman is patronising and narcissistic - "Its like everything is chosen especially, FOR ME".

No it isn't. The people on ebay are not there just to satisfy "you", they're there for their own reasons.

Second, the hipster jerk in the vid. What a smug looking git. Take your carefree mincing and do one son.

Finally, the music. Awful. Is it Gabriella Cilmi? It sounds like her. The who thing is ridiculously OTT and doesn't sound pleasant on the ear - its so obviously not a natural singing style.

So, ultimately, ebay appear to be targetting tone deaf, smug, narcissistic hipster *****.

I've said it before and say it again, do eBay really need to advertise:confused:
  • Options
    Wynne EvansWynne Evans Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ASDA and its Christmas advert really hacks me off, in our house it me that does it all.

Yes ASDA men do actually do everything as well because their OH is a lazy shit.
  • Options
    chuffsterchuffster Posts: 8,816
    Forum Member
    ASDA and its Christmas advert really hacks me off, in our house it me that does it all.

Yes ASDA men do actually do everything as well because their OH is a lazy shit.

I was about to post the very same.(but couldn't be arsed ;):mad:
  • Options
    TarotTarot Posts: 11,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ebay.

Apparently the song is Don't Stop by a New Zealand singer called Gin Wigmore; I thought it was Paloma Faith myself :D
  • Options
    whodoowhodoo Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    John Lewis.

I saw this monstrosity last night for the first time. Another classic song ruined, it is really heartbreaking.

I think it's an age thing to be fair. A new generation of souless add executives who don't remember these songs, stumble across them on youtube and try to make them trendy and "appealing" to their peers and what they perceive to be their target audience. (I suspect they're the same thing really).

It's short sighted, it's lazy, but I have to presume permission was given and the original does still exist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShN8UIk5-mw

(If you have five minutes to spare)

"death defying love for you" :D Classic
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lowri wrote: »
    Call me soppy but I like it! :)

Soppy :D
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,549
    Forum Member
    Silvikrin hairspray :mad:
  • Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    John Lewis.

Oh goody, another advert that goes on for 5397284693278 years and has a godawful TWEE cover! :mad:
  • Options
    eviled2010eviled2010 Posts: 23,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fekking hell, maybe the most irritating, twee, squeakly little girl's voice song so far on the new "Cleanex Balsam" ad.
    Absolutely DESPISE this stupid trend for these rage inducing silly, babyish songs! :mad::mad::mad:
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    whodoo wrote: »
    I saw this monstrosity last night for the first time. Another classic song ruined, it is really heartbreaking.

I think it's an age thing to be fair. A new generation of souless add executives who don't remember these songs, stumble across them on youtube and try to make them trendy and "appealing" to their peers and what they perceive to be their target audience. (I suspect they're the same thing really).

It's short sighted, it's lazy, but I have to presume permission was given and the original does still exist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShN8UIk5-mw

(If you have five minutes to spare)

"death defying love for you" :D Classic
    It is a beautiful song but really only suits a voice like Holly's , the woman in the advert has an insipid voice and rips the soul ou of what is a classic 80s tune. The advert is ok, but the version of that song should never have been made, the original would have sufficed.
  • Options
    chuffsterchuffster Posts: 8,816
    Forum Member
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    It is a beautiful song but really only suits a voice like Holly's , the woman in the advert has an insipid voice and rips the soul ou of what is a classic 80s tune. The advert is ok, but the version of that song should never have been made, the original would have sufficed.

Precisely!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eviled2010 wrote: »
    Fekking hell, maybe the most irritating, twee, squeakly little girl's voice song so far on the new "Cleanex Balsam" ad.
    Absolutely DESPISE this stupid trend for these rage inducing silly, babyish songs! :mad::mad::mad:

Haven't heard that one but the one for Windows 8 is pretty toe-curlingly twee.
  • Options
    eviled2010eviled2010 Posts: 23,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't heard that one but the one for Windows 8 is pretty toe-curlingly twee.

Oh, can't do with that one either. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Coca Cola Christmas ad is apparently airing tonight :yawn:
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Is it the classic Holidays are Coming ad with the trucks?
    The new tune they did sucks balls :mad:
This discussion has been closed.