Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Better question. Is Ora really going to be on X Factor?
  • wise-upwise-up Posts: 2,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope not, I don't like her, her songs are catchy enough but there is something about her I can't take to.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tbh i think Jade should`ve ignored her.

but then again with Rita`s recent comments about Euro vision i kinda thought i wouldn`t talk too soon Rita. So maybe her answering back shut her up (for now)
  • SarahJamSarahJam Posts: 522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Both aren't exactly the most successful to be having this 'spat'.

I like Rita Ora but she's not that brilliant and Jade, well I can't remember when the 'sugababes' released something last.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DRAG her, Jade!

Rita Ora is terrible. X
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jade ripped some shreds off Rita Ora's c*m stained weave. She isn't really in a position to go trashing Eurovision. At least Jade didn't give up on her audition, she went all the way and got the UK one of its highest placings in years....

Rita has had constant "****" rumours surrounding her, and honestly I think there's no smoke without fire. She's incredibly arrogant, slamming other artists despite her own album tanking spectacularly in the US despite promotion. She's just a product of marketing and a Rihanna wannabe, I find her extremely unlikeable.

Jade can sing way better than her, and to be honest Rita Ora has zero star quality, she isn't really in a position to be running her mouth off like that.
  • VelveteenVelveteen Posts: 174
    Forum Member
    Rita is one of these 'artists' where it's all media fluff without a lot of substance. The hype won't last forever, only until the next big thing comes along. She probably shouldn't be burning those bridges, she'll probably need them some day.
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    There is something really trashy and unlikeable about Rita. I can imagine all the rumours being true.

Team Jade!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    Jade ripped some shreds off Rita Ora's c*m stained weave. She isn't really in a position to go trashing Eurovision. At least Jade didn't give up on her audition, she went all the way and got the UK one of its highest placings in years....

Rita has had constant "****" rumours surrounding her, and honestly I think there's no smoke without fire. She's incredibly arrogant, slamming other artists despite her own album tanking spectacularly in the US despite promotion. She's just a product of marketing and a Rihanna wannabe, I find her extremely unlikeable.

Jade can sing way better than her, and to be honest Rita Ora has zero star quality, she isn't really in a position to be running her mouth off like that.

lmao.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    I don't particularly listen to either of them but in this instant I think I'd prefer Jade. Rita seems a bit of a hanger on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    Jade had no proof that Rita was talking about her. It was all guesswork. Jade has no right to have a go at Rita, basically saying she's a slapper with no talent. That's not true.
  • SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    Zone_Out wrote: »
    lmao.

:D.....

Didn't really think much of the Rita whora rumours, but I'm starting to wonder is it true:o
  • SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    granted08 wrote: »
    Jade had no proof that Rita was talking about her. It was all guesswork. Jade has no right to have a go at Rita, basically saying she's a slapper with no talent. That's not true.

Of course she was. Jade replaced her for Eurovision and ended up doing Splash!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Seemed pretty obvious to me!

If Ree-uh wants to throw shade, she could at least try to be classy and inconspicuous about it (see: Mariah Carey)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

"Eurovision" & "Splash" pretty sure it was indeed aimed towards Jade
    Forum Member
    Seemed pretty obvious to me!

I didn't think Rita was directing it at Jade because many artists have done Eurovision.
  • So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like both, Jade being the only reason I like the Sugababes and I was majorly disappointed that her sold career was scrapped, but I really don't see anything wrong with what Rita said to be honest.

Jade doing Eurovision lead her to have a #35 solo single and joining a girlgroup that has bombed spectacularly since she joined. Not to mention leading her to appear on the most tackiest zeleb show ever. Her career has sadly done nothing but go down the can majorly since she entered the thing. Rita quitting has lead to three #1 singles and a #1 album. I'm not surprised she's seriously glad she quit.
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't think Rita was directing it at Jade because many artists have done Eurovision.

Rita was talking specifically about the Eurovision selection show on the BBC in 2009, which both she and Jade auditioned for. Rita walked away from the auditions and refused to take any further part. She basically inferred that she's glad she didn't go down that route because she's had more success by going her own way. Fair enough, but then she mentioned Splash! and said that she'd never lower herself to do a show like that. As the only person who has appeared in both shows is Jade, it's blindingly obvious who Rita was referring to.

Rita seems to be a) assuming that she'd have won the Eurovision selection show if she hadn't walked away after her audition and b) assuming that now she's successful, she will always enjoy the same level of success. Silly girl.
    Forum Member
    johartuk wrote: »
    she mentioned Splash! and said that she'd never lower herself to do a show like that. As the only person who has appeared in both shows is Jade, it's blindingly obvious who Rita was referring to.

Rita seems to be a) assuming that she'd have won the Eurovision selection show if she hadn't walked away after her audition and b) assuming that now she's successful, she will always enjoy the same level of success. Silly girl.

Oh right, I've just read the Rita article again to see how she made digs at Jade, but Jade does push it with her comments back.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woah go jade!! Rita Ora's smug now, but lets wait and see if she's popular in 5yrs. Im sure her album 'Ora' will be in the bargain bins by then.
  • big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    Aries_123 wrote: »
    woah go jade!! Rita Ora's smug now, but lets wait and see if she's popular in 5yrs. Im sure her album 'Ora' will be in the bargain bins by then.

Five years is a bit optimistic! :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neither are walking away from this one with much credibility, let's just be honest. Rita's coming across as awfully big for her boots for someone so early in her career, but a response from Jade saying as much would have been a much better idea than criticising her sex-life. It is 2013 after all, I thought as a society we had wised up to the inherent sexism in trying to make women ashamed of their sexual behaviour (even if only in terms of women not being sexist to each other). Guess not though, from some of the responses in this thread - but I hope the ones pointing the finger chanting '****! ****!' are at least internally consistent enough not to pop up in another thread saying 'Urgh! Why do women get called sluts while men get congratulated for having sex?!'
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

In that case, no one has any proof Jade was talking about Rita. She didn't name any names.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    echad wrote: »
    Neither are walking away from this one with much credibility, let's just be honest. Rita's coming across as awfully big for her boots for someone so early in her career, but a response from Jade saying as much would have been a much better idea than criticising her sex-life. It is 2013 after all, I thought as a society we had wised up to the inherent sexism in trying to make women ashamed of their sexual behaviour (even if only in terms of women not being sexist to each other). Guess not though, from some of the responses in this thread - but I hope the ones pointing the finger chanting '****! ****!' are at least internally consistent enough not to pop up in another thread saying 'Urgh! Why do women get called sluts while men get congratulated for having sex?!'
    But see, I'm in the mind, that women who sleep around are ****, but so are men who do the same. It isn't if men aren't called it, then women shouldn't be either. It's if women are called it, then men should be too.
  • lyndalahugheslyndalahughes Posts: 270
    Forum Member
    johartuk wrote: »
    Rita was talking specifically about the Eurovision selection show on the BBC in 2009, which both she and Jade auditioned for. Rita walked away from the auditions and refused to take any further part. She basically inferred that she's glad she didn't go down that route because she's had more success by going her own way. Fair enough, but then she mentioned Splash! and said that she'd never lower herself to do a show like that. As the only person who has appeared in both shows is Jade, it's blindingly obvious who Rita was referring to.

Not very humble is she. I don't think this is going to end well for her because the public (in the UK anyway) don't seem to like her. I hope she likes Butlins because she could be spending a lot of time singing there in a couple of years.