Helen Flanagan - sponsored by The Sun?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Slum newspaper now costs £1 to watch online. Moron paper for morons that read it

I agree. I wouldn't pay even a penny for their misogynistic tat....

Helen Flanagan knows she's garnering press by making stupid comments and by getting her norks out. She's probably not really that daft therefore and she's gonna make her money while she can. I have little time for her or her ilk but she might as well make hay while the sun shines.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :yawn::yawn::yawn:
    You ever considered that they may well be the "standard responses" because they're true?

They're "standard responses" because they're posted every single time her name is mentioned. That's why we have to follow compliance ;)
    Just because she is your particular choice of w*nk fodder doesn't imbue her with any redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Ah yes, the other DS showbiz standard response. If you don't say anything negative about someone then you're a fan of theirs and "love" them :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was actually admiring the tiling work .. *cough*

She'd make a huge amount of money if she did full glamour modelling for a few years, but I don't think she's got it in her to be the pre-requisite 'sex kitten' - can you really see her going the same route as Titmuss and presenting on the adult channel ?

Still, I'm sure DS will continue to be entertained by her for many years to come :)

Yes, until she's considered 'too old' to be of anymore interest. I'm not sure at which age women are now past their sell-by date as far as 'glamour' goes..... 28?
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :yawn::yawn::yawn:
    You ever considered that they may well be the "standard responses" because they're true?
    Just because she is your particular choice of w*nk fodder doesn't imbue her with any redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Oh come on AS, you know better than to question Jason and his sneering at us from his ivory tower because he's always right and us peasants just need to accept they we're not worthy

You're quite obviously jellus of Helen and her gawjusness
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phew! About time we had Helen Flanagan Standard Responses #1 and #2. We were in danger of failing compliance ;)
    They're "standard responses" because they're posted every single time her name is mentioned. That's why we have to follow compliance ;)

Ah yes, the other DS showbiz standard response. If you don't say anything negative about someone then you're a fan of theirs and "love" them :rolleyes:

I know you're dying to say we're all JELLUS - so why not just say it? That's the other pretty standard response, surely? Must be mighty drafty up there on your ivory tower. Shame you can't respect people for having an opinion; not sure what makes Flanagan so special in your eyes; perhaps you could elucidate why you like her instead of slagging off FM's - which is against T&C's btw. I have a theory that you can't - you just like being incredibly patronising and supercilious.
  • Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know you're dying to say we're all JELLUS - so why not just say it? That's the other pretty standard response, surely? Must be mighty drafty up there on your ivory tower. Shame you can't respect people for having an opinion; not sure what makes Flanagan so special in your eyes; perhaps you could elucidate why you like her instead of slagging off FM's - which is against T&C's btw. I have a theory that you can't - you just like being incredibly patronising and supercilious.

...or he's otherwise occupied hunched over a picture of HF, and his hands are too busy to type anything useful.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...or he's otherwise occupied hunched over a picture of HF, and his hands are too busy to type anything useful.

Oh I'm sure we'll get some attempt at intellectualising Flanagan's good points. All 2 of them:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I'm sure we'll get some attempt at intellectualising Flanagan's good points. All 2 of them:D

Indeed.
    I'm waiting for someone to try and claim that she should be praised as a feminist icon, and that she only gets her norks out ironically.:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    You're quite obviously jellus of Helen and her gawjusness
    I know you're dying to say we're all JELLUS

Christ, talk about over the top melodrama ..

You know what ?. I'll leave it alone now. I really will. I genuinely, genuinely couldn't give a stuff about Helen Flanagan, Cheryl Cole or any of the other Showbiz forum favourites, but if you're going to get this precious over me having a bit of fun then I'll just leave you to it.

The last word awaits .. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You know what ?. I'll leave it alone now. I really will. I genuinely, genuinely couldn't give a stuff about Helen Flanagan, Cheryl Cole or any of the other Showbiz forum favourites, but if you're going to get this precious over me having a bit of fun then I'll just leave you to it.

Ah, brilliant, you were 'having a bit of fun', aka, came piling in, made assumptions, insulted FM's and are now furiously backtracking in the absence of anything tangibly sensible to say. For someone who couldn't give a stuff about Flanagan, you sure as hell spend an inordinate amount of time telling everyone what they should and shouldn't say about her.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I really don't think it is over the top melodrama. I've said before, your posts do come across as sneering, superior, patronising, smug and pretty much looking down from a lofty height at anyone who doesn't share your views.

The last line and the ;) pretty much sums it u that you're still sneering.

And I don't think I've ever said anything much about Flanagan. I had no idea who she was before IAC.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ooh lovely, a flounce.
    Or should that be a Justin Bieber- style diva strop?;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, brilliant, you were 'having a bit of fun', aka, came piling in, made assumptions, insulted FM's and are now furiously backtracking in the absence of anything tangibly sensible to say. For someone who couldn't give a stuff about Flanagan, you sure as hell spend an inordinate amount of time telling everyone what they should and shouldn't say about her.

I would respectfully offer that i've never insulted any FM's because I'm fully aware it's against the T's & C's. I will certainly admit to generalising a whole lot, but I've certainly never aimed anything specific at anyone. And i've certainly never told anyone what they should and shouldn't say.

But in the interests of a "sensible" approach, what is there actually to say ?. Flanagan, Cole & co. are pariahs of the Showbiz forum and whenever anyone posts a thread about them, the same people join the thread to post the same things over and over and over again.

That's not me being condescending, it's fact.

But if that's challenged, either by me trying (and clearly failing) to be funny, or by anyone else, the wagons are circled and we're accused of being a fan of the person in question or "loving" them because the negative stuff that has been said is absolute, irrefutable fact in the eyes of the poster who's written it.

So again, what is there to say when one side is so absolute in their conviction that their opinion is right ?
    I really don't think it is over the top melodrama. I've said before, your posts do come across as sneering, superior, patronising, smug and pretty much looking down from a lofty height at anyone who doesn't share your views

Unfortunately, as i'm sure you're well aware, the medium of ascii text, without the help of facial expressions or mannerisms, is not the ideal forum to try and express a sense of humour.

If i've genuinely come across as everything you've said then i certainly do offer a sincere apology as it was never my intention. My intention was only to poke fun at the absurdity of the repetitive nature of people's interest in the likes of Flanagan & co.
    Ooh lovely, a flounce.
    Or should that be a Justin Bieber- style diva strop?;)

Sorry to disappoint you, but it's certainly not a flounce or a diva strop ..
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member

You touched a nerve ;).
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    See, that story right there is why people click on Helen Flanagan stories. That's a hilarious headline :D

"Meanwhile, the 'I'm A Celebrity' star has put herself on a strict new diet, uploading pictures of herself on Instagram tucking into fruit after eating too many hazelnut yoghurts" :D:D
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Why the heck would anyone respect people for having an opinion? Opinions are like a**eholes; we've all got them!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It never ceases to amaze me that someone as superior as you deems to lower yourself to mix in these circles just so you can continually look down your nose at the rest of us.

Isn't there another hobby you could take up?

Having seen some of JasonWatkin's latest comments, I completely agree.

I wouldn't have thought having such an attitude would get you that far in the real world. People don't like being told off or talked down to. A computer can make anyone "brave", I guess.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zora wrote: »
    Having seen some of JasonWatkin's latest comments, I completely agree.

I wouldn't have thought having such an attitude would get you that far in the real world. People don't like being told off or talked down to. A computer can make anyone "brave", I guess.

You know you're more than welcome to actually talk (type..) to me, not about me ..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why the heck would anyone respect people for having an opinion?

And how far to you get in the "real world" with that attitude? :confused:
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zora wrote: »
    And how far to you get in the "real world" with that attitude? :confused:

With what attitude? Someone gives their opinion, fine, but to fly into a rage if someone takes exception to it and demand petulantly that you must be respected for having an opinion is childish.

Nor do I ever come across anyone in the real world who behaves like that; it appears to be mainly an internet phenomenon.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With what attitude? Someone gives their opinion, fine, but to fly into a rage if someone takes exception to it and demand petulantly that you must be respected for having an opinion is childish.

Nor do I ever come across anyone in the real world who behaves like that; it appears to be mainly an internet phenomenon.

I don't see anyone flying into a rage. I see people who have just had enough of being talked down to whenever they give an opinion on certain celebrity females.

I am actually very surprised the mods allow posters like you and JasonWatkins to post in the manner you do. I've been on many forums over the years where your attitudes would have had you banned.
  • jannajanna Posts: 7,323
    Forum Member
    Phew! About time we had Helen Flanagan Standard Responses #1 and #2. We were in danger of failing compliance ;)
    :D
    All adds to Helen's very own thread so I doubt she gives a toot really. Smart girl that she is.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    janna wrote: »
    :D
    All adds to Helen's very own thread so I doubt she gives a toot really.

This is too true. Whatever we say about her, we're feeding the troll...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would respectfully offer that i've never insulted any FM's because I'm fully aware it's against the T's & C's. I will certainly admit to generalising a whole lot, but I've certainly never aimed anything specific at anyone. And i've certainly never told anyone what they should and shouldn't say.

But in the interests of a "sensible" approach, what is there actually to say ?. Flanagan, Cole & co. are pariahs of the Showbiz forum and whenever anyone posts a thread about them, the same people join the thread to post the same things over and over and over again.

That's not me being condescending, it's fact.

But if that's challenged, either by me trying (and clearly failing) to be funny, or by anyone else, the wagons are circled and we're accused of being a fan of the person in question or "loving" them because the negative stuff that has been said is absolute, irrefutable fact in the eyes of the poster who's written it.

So again, what is there to say when one side is so absolute in their conviction that their opinion is right ?

Unfortunately, as i'm sure you're well aware, the medium of ascii text, without the help of facial expressions or mannerisms, is not the ideal forum to try and express a sense of humour.

If i've genuinely come across as everything you've said then i certainly do offer a sincere apology as it was never my intention. My intention was only to poke fun at the absurdity of the repetitive nature of people's interest in the likes of Flanagan & co.

Sorry to disappoint you, but it's certainly not a flounce or a diva strop ..

Come on Jason - you're not stupid; you know full well that you are focusing on FM's - not on the celebrity. With respect, you post continuously about 'the same old thing' being posted about Flanagan et al - but you're doing the very same thing and actually you're not commenting on Flanagan - you are making digs at FM's. You say you were trying to be 'funny' but really, the rolleyes icon doesn't make it the most lighthearted means of expression and it does come across as desperately snide and supercilious. Whether that was your intention or not is immaterial - that is how it comes across to me and many others.

Perhaps if you could post about the celebrity rather than the FM's, you may get a better response; just a thought?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I didn't fly into a rage or demand anything petulantly - I was merely expressing an opinion which disagreed with another opinion.