American Horror Story: Season 3 details *Spoilers* (US Pace)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As long as Jessica is still in I'll be there. Personally I'd quiet like a witchy theme, I really wasn't that impressed with season 2. I stuck with it and did enjoy it to a point but the aliens were completely uneccessary and did spoil it for me. Fabulous acting though and enough tongue in cheek to keep me watching and excited for season 3. :D
  • LMLM Posts: 63,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree, i didn't like the alien parts in the show. Perhaps the only thing I never liked. It felt too random and didn't seem to have a point or a reason to it.
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sian2011 wrote: »
    As long as Jessica is still in I'll be there. Personally I'd quiet like a witchy theme, I really wasn't that impressed with season 2. I stuck with it and did enjoy it to a point but the aliens were completely uneccessary and did spoil it for me. Fabulous acting though and enough tongue in cheek to keep me watching and excited for season 3. :D

It does seem to be a female led show with regards to the acting, so perhaps a witch theme would work well with that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It does seem to be a female led show with regards to the acting, so perhaps a witch theme would work well with that.

That's very true, I hadn't thought of it that way.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's great it has become a female driven show. Sci-fi shows in general are lacking a female drive at the moment. The likes of Grimm and Supernatural are very male oriented.
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Lily Rabe is confirmed now.

Brilliant news.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes!!!!!
    Forum Member
    So that's Lily, Sarah, Jessica, Evan and rumoured Taissa (Violet).

Who next?

Zachary Qunto? Denis O'Hare? Frances Conroy?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully Frances.
  • daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    So that's Lily, Sarah, Jessica, Evan and rumoured Taissa (Violet).

Who next?

Zachary Qunto? Denis O'Hare? Frances Conroy?

Taissa's been confirmed.
    Forum Member
    daisiesfan wrote: »
    Taissa's been confirmed.

Brilliant, I liked her in Season 1.
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope Frances returns. She'd be great with the "evil glamour" style rumour, she looked fantastic as The Angel of Death. :)
    Forum Member
    I think it's great it has become a female driven show. Sci-fi shows in general are lacking a female drive at the moment. The likes of Grimm and Supernatural are very male oriented.

What I love as well is that gay characters can be prominent in this show as well instead generally not existing or being background characters in other sci-fi/fantasy/genre shows at times.

But Lana wasn't my favourite character because she was gay. She's my favourite because she was well written, consistently interesting to watch and played by a wonderful actress in Sarah Paulson.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really do not anticipate the Tumblr generation aspect of S3 with Evan and Taissa returning. I'm a mature viewer who didn't give a flying fig about Tate-Violet in S1.
    What I love as well is that gay characters can be prominent in this show as well instead generally not existing or being background characters in other sci-fi/fantasy/genre shows at times.

But Lana wasn't my favourite character because she was gay. She's my favourite because she was well written, consistently interesting to watch and played by a wonderful actress in Sarah Paulson.

Who is openly gay in real life too. You don't often get lesbian actresses willing to play gay onscreen as well. But she and Clea Duvall do.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I agree. True Blood is another show that allows gay characters to take centre stage.
    Forum Member
    downtonfan wrote: »
    I really do not anticipate the Tumblr generation aspect of S3 with Evan and Taissa returning. I'm a mature viewer who didn't give a flying fig about Tate-Violet in S1.

Who is openly gay in real life too. You don't often get lesbian actresses willing to play gay onscreen as well. But she and Clea Duvall do.

I liked Violet enough but loathed Tate (though I liked Kit this season), but I'm not fussed really.

You're right about gay actresses and Paulson is just fantastic to watch. I can't wait to see where they go with her in Season 3.
    Forum Member
    I agree. True Blood is another show that allows gay characters to take centre stage.

It's another one of my favourite shows.
  • threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad Lange is still in, I'd watch pretty much anything with her in and have. :)

Like to see Rabe back, Conroy and Cromwell, I liked Peters as well more in Season 2.

In the minority but would have liked them to have bypassed Paulson this time.:yawn:
  • sheddy99sheddy99 Posts: 5,760
    Forum Member
    A friend of mine posted an image on fb i'm not sure if it's genuine....anyone else seen it & know the one i'm talking about?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good news, peeps! Ryan has just confirmed Frances Conroy is returning to S3!!!
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very happy about Frances! :)
    Forum Member
    downtonfan wrote: »
    Good news, peeps! Ryan has just confirmed Frances Conroy is returning to S3!!!

I'm not surprised but I am delighted she's returning.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    It would be nice to see Naomi Grossman come back in a more glamorous role. Mind you, after seeing her without the Pepper make-up there's not much difference!:p
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sheddy99 wrote: »
    A friend of mine posted an image on fb i'm not sure if it's genuine....anyone else seen it & know the one i'm talking about?
    This? -
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/d8d9b956f45cab81b80e85fa783c1b53/tumblr_mhnyv2p7EN1qc3bh7o1_500.png

I like it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're all fake. Jeez Murphy hasn't even wrote any of S3 yet. Why are people so gullible?