Help i lost my bluetooth software

DickibobboyDickibobboy Posts: 2,033
Forum Member
✭✭✭
i lost my software cd for my safecom bluetooth adaptor, and i need to use it but cannot find any software

could anyone help?

safecom
Blueooth USB Adaptor
FCC ID:MQ4UBT1K

thankyou

Comments

• kevkev Posts: 21,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i lost my software cd for my safecom bluetooth adaptor, and i need to use it but cannot find any software

could anyone help?

safecom
    Blueooth USB Adaptor
    FCC ID:MQ4UBT1K

thankyou
    You need the CN number on the dongle - if you get that you can download the drivers at http://www.sitecom.com/drivers.php
  • DickibobboyDickibobboy Posts: 2,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cannot find anything, Product Code SCBT-1010
    S/N: UB4B005605
  • kevkev Posts: 21,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cannot find anything, Product Code SCBT-1010
    S/N: UB4B005605

Sorry, misread the manufacturer!

Did you mean the SBTC-1010? If so try http://safecom.cn/code/support/DMF.aspx?pid=275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :( no, but i did download it and try it with no luck, i will keep looking, but after tuesday i will have it sorted
  • ada/\/\ada/\/\ Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    i have the same problem and what else i have the same bluetooth(i think) how are you going to get it fixed my thursday?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Open it up, and find the model number of the BT chipset.
  • ada/\/\ada/\/\ Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    help please???
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well, i am in the middle of searching google for a download of the software version it used, just if anyone could help me out because i am having no luck so far

WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software 1.4.1 Build6(Dont know if the bluild will matter i will try others)

thankyou
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    Those wanting the Safecom Software disk, I've made an ISO file of my disk, PM me for link

Cheers

Mark
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pm, thankyou
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 89
    Forum Member
    I bought a dongle from Argos last week and didn't even bother installing the software as most of them are supported under Windows XP and therefore I am just using that built in software. Couldn't you just do the same? Or is it better to use the manufacturer's software? Article link for installing under XP http://uk.news.yahoo.com/12052006/3...e-phone-pc.html
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    :confused: I've also got the same problem with misplacing my disk & needing to do a reinstall after pc crashed a while back & finally getting round to reusing dongle.I installed the drivers mentioned above via the safecom website & wish I never as it not only are Useless but are causing chaos with my pc causing other probs to slow down or in some instances fail to respond causing me to reboot :( so tryed uninstalling 'em but won't let me uninstall them so emailed the technical department at safecom asking for their help only for them to reply that I need to uninstall it then reinstall drivers from the site,same 1's what don't work in the first place :D ,
    You have to insert the CD of the such product in the CD-Rom,then after that go to the control panel then goto the add/remove program then remove the driver from there.and again install it from the link given below,http://safecom.cn/code/support/DMF.aspx?pid=275#

BR,
    Nasir

so I feel I'm hiting my head of the wall with em :mad: :D

Cheers Madbrad
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    for widcomm, installing the logitech drivers may work. Download the setpoint install, and explore the downloaded file. Somewhere in there is the widcomm setup file, depends on where you install it too. Install just the bluetooth drivers. Will be branded logitech but are the latest widcomm drivers. Helped me when my bluetooth went tits up a while back.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Mark, Do you still have the link for the Safecom ISO?
  • 1saintly1saintly Posts: 4,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davyburns wrote: »
    Mark, Do you still have the link for the Safecom ISO?
    Why are you bothering with a 7 yr old thread and old bluetooth. You can buy a new dongle for a couple of pounds.. You dont need software/ drivers for new dongles. What OS are you using?
This discussion has been closed.