Little Mix Discussion Thread - singles & upcoming debut album (Part 2)

Comments

• 19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woah I would have never expected Wings to be the 2nd most played song on UK Radio! :D

I know LJG has posted it already just wanted to say that ;)

Also RedPlanet is an intresting name for a song, if its an album track I will look forward to hearing it. How long in advance do the previews go up on amazon itunes etc? 1 or 2 weeks before release?
  • casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1992 wrote: »
    Also RedPlanet is an intresting name for a song, if its an album track I will look forward to hearing it.

Isnt it pretty much guaranteed its on their album? Little Mix have their performance registered, as they did with Wings.

"Red Planet' is synonymous with "Mars" which could be Mars and Venus (man v woman).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
    Woah I would have never expected Wings to be the 2nd most played song on UK Radio!
    Strange enough some of the songs below it have more plays than Wings. It's good to see the song's getting radio support but I'll never understand how the impacts are calculated. And what is its relationship with the official chart position? As far as I know Good Time only peaked at #5 and yet it's #1 on the Radio Airplay Chart? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nooneoo wrote: »
    Strange enough some of the songs below it have more plays than Wings. It's good to see the song's getting radio support but I'll never understand how the impacts are calculated. And what is its relationship with the official chart position? As far as I know Good Time only peaked at #5 and yet it's #1 on the Radio Airplay Chart? :confused:

Well that must mean that the radio have played it more than people have bought the song. :)
    Forum Member
    1992 wrote: »
    Well that must mean that the radio have played it more than people have bought the song. :)

But I don't think the chart position is based on the number of plays though. Like I said before, some of the songs (#3,4,5 for example) all have more play counts than Wings and yet they are charting lower. It's the impacts that decide one song's chart position. Commercial impacts maybe?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazon UK has adult size Little Mix tees

Really long url from Amazon
  • RayforeverRayforever Posts: 9,846
    Forum Member
    Anyone know how well known the Saturdays are in America?

I know they have been over there doing promotional work just read they have now signed a record deal to release stuff over there
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apart from a few Anglophiles they are unknown. I only know of them from starting to follow UK groups in general.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Friday update

Singles

1 The Script/will.i.am
    2 Example
    3 Ne-Yo
    4 Pink
    5 Taylor Swift

Top 10
    6 PSY

Top 15
    11 Dappy
    David Guetta/Sia

So I'm guessing that Amelia Lily is knocked down to #7 and Wings is at #8 as the top 5 were unchanged from earlier. Flo Rida is higher on iTunes but was at #11 on the official chart Wed., so not sure where that is positioned.

The charts have not been kind to NDubz. :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know of you have discussed this already. I was doing my daily check on Tumblr and there is a rumour that on xfactor USA they used a song for background music that sounds similar to Little Mix. I haven't heard it yet and can't link it because I'm on my phone. Just want to give you lot a heads up. :D
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    The charts have not been kind to NDubz. :rolleyes:

Hahaha I know right! But Dappy's song has barely had any radio play + he released it a week early, I don't know why...

I'm a bit disappointed that Little Mix aren't on Tulisa's album after she said she might do a duet with them, on Xtra Factor last year :/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chem wrote: »
    I don't know of you have discussed this already. I was doing my daily check on Tumblr and there is a rumour that on xfactor USA they used a song for background music that sounds similar to Little Mix. I haven't heard it yet and can't link it because I'm on my phone. Just want to give you lot a heads up. :D

Its Jessica Espinoza's audition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK8HzMyaQWM

But to me it sounded like the LM version of Beautiful. But what do I know.

I'm a bit disappointed that Little Mix aren't on Tulisa's album after she said she might do a duet with them, on Xtra Factor last year :/

Tulisa sounded very good on the duet with LM, but her solo efforts have sounded awful, which is puzzling.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wings is up to #9 in The Official Streaming Chart :)

It was #19 last week so its moved up 10 places.

http://www.officialcharts.com/official-streaming-chart/

If you dont know what the OSC is then:
    The Official Streaming Chart is compiled by the Official Charts Company on behalf of the British music industry, and has been running since May. It is the first chart which ranks audio streams from both ad-funded and subscription streaming services in the UK, which reflects the increasing interest in the new generation of music services such as Spotify, Deezer, Napster and We7.
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Tulisa sounded very good on the duet with LM, but her solo efforts have sounded awful, which is puzzling.

Her next single will be a ballad so hopefully the majority of people will like it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Friday update
    So I'm guessing that Amelia Lily is knocked down to #7 and Wings is at #8

No its the other way round :)

SINGLES

Little Mix 5+2
    Amelia Lily 5+3

http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=145959&pid=4098778&st=80&#entry4098778
  • shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
    Forum Member
    Its Jessica Espinoza's audition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK8HzMyaQWM

But to me it sounded like the LM version of Beautiful. But what do I know.

It's not Beautiful....the line is 'all the small things' (sounds like Jesy) then at 1.25 I swear that's Perrie's voice......sounds like a gorgeous ballad :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not Beautiful....the line is 'all the small things' (sounds like Jesy) then at 1.25 I swear that's Perrie's voice......sounds like a gorgeous ballad :eek:

I really do think that the girl who sings "all the small things" sounds like Jesy's voice and that has to be Perrie's voice it sounds so like her! :eek:

Some youtuber said its DNA (The Single)
    That is tho song of the girl gruop Little mix...the song is called DNA but it didn´t came out yet :)

something8247
  • shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
    Forum Member
    But isn't DNA meant to be an electro ballad lol. Maybe it's a song on their album.
    Forum Member

I just listened and i agree it sounds like Jesy and perrie
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But isn't DNA meant to be an electro ballad lol. Maybe it's a song on their album.

Yeah it is lol but just thought I would post it. Maybe it starts slow then BAM the electro part comes in ;)

In all seriousness I would agree with you in maybe its an album track.
    Forum Member
    The beginning sounds like Jesy and Perrie, but the part where they play again after judges said yes doesn't really sound any of them though.

However I did some research on the internet and apparently the only song that has "all the small things" in it is All The Small Things by Blink182, and they are a boyband. Then I did more searching to see if there's a song has the lines "all the small things", "it's on your face" and "truth from me" (these are the lines that I heard :p) and there's none! :eek:, which means it's an unreleased song! Maybe it really could be LM's track on the album? :eek:
    Forum Member
    The beginning sounds like Jesy and Perrie, but the part where they play again after judges said yes doesn't really sound any of them though.

However I did some research on the internet and apparently the only song that has "all the small things" in it is All The Small Things by Blink182, and they are a boyband. Then I did more searching to see if there's a song has the lines "all the small things", "it's on your face" and "truth from me" (these are the lines that I heard :p) and there's none! :eek:, which means it's an unreleased song! Maybe it really could be LM's track on the album? :eek:

1.25 its turn your face :D

I actually thought the end clip was another song altogether from pink
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rayforever wrote: »

I actually thought the end clip was another song altogether

Agreed she sang a Pink song at her auditon and It sounds like Pink's version of the song at the end,
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Haha this thread is so good at finding stuff :D

I agree with this bit:
    it's stuck in my head!!

Who knew 2 words would get stuck in your head lol.
This discussion has been closed.