Eastenders school children 4-16

EveT1991EveT1991 Posts: 12,312
Forum Member
✭✭
Hey there needs to be a mixture of school boys and school girls in Eastenders there always has been always will be and always has to be

Comments

• I've Got ClassI've Got Class Posts: 12,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No it doesn't.
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No it doesn't.

This. It a waste since they'll hardly be onscreen.
    I don't mind 16yrs old but not a lot and only a few younger ones.

I don't get why the OP saying because in the past theres always been school children there always has to be school children.
  • IzzyInTheHouseIzzyInTheHouse Posts: 4,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You made this exact point yesterday...
  • EveT1991EveT1991 Posts: 12,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »
    This. It a waste since they'll hardly be onscreen.
    I don't mind 16yrs old but not a lot and only a few younger ones.

I don't get why the OP saying because in the past theres always been school children there always has to be school children.

No it is not a waste there have always been school bpys and school girls on Eastenders it is a fact and there always will be I know Im right
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    There are 8 4 -16 year olds if you include Lola and Abi and only one 55 - 70 year old. Go figure.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No it is not a waste there have always been school bpys and school girls on Eastenders it is a fact and there always will be I know Im right

Well I don't think we need school children, if thers has to be then only a few is needed not the amount you want.
    Things might change there not a rule which states there has to be school children, as I've said only a few needed.
  • Dannielle_HowelDannielle_Howel Posts: 1,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There really doesn't. It may have been in the past but that doesn't mean it would be a good thing to have it now. Also I think we have just the right amount of teens on the show, Maybe even axing one or two and recasting another would be the right way to go(Tyler, Whit Axed. Lucy Recast again) Bring peter back and Zsa Zsa and with adding Dextor into the mix and that should be enough. People do not want to watch school children, they want drama when it comes to soaps... Well I do, anyway! The kids (Tiff, Morgan, Dennis, Oscar, Amy, Tommy and any others I'm forgetting) all offer a nice funny scene here and there to lighten the atmosphere but this is not Waterloo road, more kids is not needed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There really doesn't. It may have been in the past but that doesn't mean it would be a good thing to have it now. Also I think we have just the right amount of teens on the show, Maybe even axing one or two and recasting another would be the right way to go(Tyler, Whit Axed. Lucy Recast again) Bring peter back and Zsa Zsa and with adding Dextor into the mix and that should be enough. People do not want to watch school children, they want drama when it comes to soaps... Well I do, anyway! The kids (Tiff, Morgan, Dennis, Oscar, Amy, Tommy and any others I'm forgetting) all offer a nice funny scene here and there to lighten the atmosphere but this is not Waterloo road, more kids is not needed.
    Well can't we have a friend for Tiffany and a friend for Bobby or Liam, Tiffany and Morgan's cousin Rebecca return ans maybe Martina and Shenice return and Martina and Kat's friendship can be explored and then Tiffany and Shenice can hang out together again and can't Little Mo and Freddie come back as well to the square
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shenice was a crap pointless character hence her off screen exit.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »
    Shenice was a crap pointless character hence her off screen exit.

Well can't we have Rebecca return we haven't seen her onscreen with her cousins yet and can't Freddie return? Well she was without her mother but it would be good for Kat if Martina returned and put a smile on Kat's face again
  • felixrexfelixrex Posts: 7,307
    Forum Member
    Well can't we have a friend for Tiffany and a friend for Bobby or Liam, Tiffany and Morgan's cousin Rebecca return ans maybe Martina and Shenice return and Martina and Kat's friendship can be explored and then Tiffany and Shenice can hang out together again and can't Little Mo and Freddie come back as well to the square

If you love watching children's drama why don't you just watch a children's drama show? There are plenty out there.

Eastenders is, and always has been, a drama aimed mainly at adult viewers. I don't know many adults who give much of a rat's ass about a couple of kids playing tag.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    felixrex wrote: »
    If you love watching children's drama why don't you just watch a children's drama show? There are plenty out there.

Eastenders is, and always has been, a drama aimed mainly at adult viewers. I don't know many adults who give much of a rat's ass about a couple of kids playing tag.

Well actuallt Tiffany will be at secondary school, in two years time so she won't be playing tig then. Well did anyof you complain when there were 10 school children in 2008 and 2009 and 2010?
  • Lewis26Lewis26 Posts: 1,435
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is your obsession with kids in soaps? What storyline that a kid has been involved in has EVER been good? Not only is there next to nothing they can do with kids its also hard for them to be on screen much as the kids cant work many hours.
    It would be a terrible idea to bring in a new family with kids aged 5 - 13 like you suggested and lauren and peter etc only got something to do when they were older and even then they were still shite characters.
    I think you need to let this one go!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lewis26 wrote: »
    What is your obsession with kids in soaps? What storyline that a kid has been involved in has EVER been good? Not only is there next to nothing they can do with kids its also hard for them to be on screen much as the kids cant work many hours.
    It would be a terrible idea to bring in a new family with kids aged 5 - 13 like you suggested and lauren and peter etc only got something to do when they were older and even then they were still shite characters.
    I think you need to let this one go!

Don't tell me what to do. Why can't there be a new girl come in and be friends with Tiffany and a new boy to be friends with Bobby and then maybe two 14 year old twins a boy and a girl and they can hang around with Liam?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We've said why we don't want school children, look at all the posts we've posted.
  • CRP2012CRP2012 Posts: 2,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If there needs to be more School Boys/Girls then EE Would of sorted it by now

the thing is that with child actors theres only a certian amount of hours per week (or is it month?) they can work making it difficult for SL,Another problem is SL,What decent SL Can you give a child without being too dark & fitting in with child actor hours?

if EE bosses feel theres room for school boys/girls than they would of/will do something about it but when BBC Are cost cutting,there not going to employ aload of part time actors what they carnt do any decent SL With

Another problem is that Children very rarely get a fan base,with EE Being very dark these days its very rare for little kids to be watching it & few adults would be fans of 4-16 year olds

Mormon Girl,maybe one day if you become EP Of EE Than you could chuck aload of school kids upon our screen,but you will find it difficult to find decent SL For them & find a SL For them
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't tell me what to do. Why can't there be a new girl come in and be friends with Tiffany and a new boy to be friends with Bobby and then maybe two 14 year old twins a boy and a girl and they can hang around with Liam?

I didnt tell you what to do it was a suggestion to let it go as you keep banging on about it and no one really agrees with you :rolleyes:
  • flbkabflbkab Posts: 8,798
    Forum Member

But what is bringing in a friend for Tiffany going to add to the story? Last time she had a friend (Shenice) wasn't exactly interesting. I'd say wait a few years to bring someone in for Tiffany. There's more storyline potential for secondary school pupils than there is for two nine year olds. And I don't think that many viewers would be interested in watching two nine years play together anyway!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    flbkab wrote: »
    But what is bringing in a friend for Tiffany going to add to the story? Last time she had a friend (Shenice) wasn't exactly interesting. I'd say wait a few years to bring someone in for Tiffany. There's more storyline potential for secondary school pupils than there is for two nine year olds. And I don't think that many viewers would be interested in watching two nine years play together anyway!

Well do you think Rebecca should come back and get to know her cousins she will be 12 by now and maybe she could get along really well with Tiffany?
  • AdamClelandAdamCleland Posts: 699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh god, the Mormon lunatic is starting threads again.
  • CRP2012CRP2012 Posts: 2,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

tell me about it - next were going to have a

if you dont watch EE - You better do from now on

thread :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Lol ive tried reasoning / advising / having an adult conversation with her but its like talking to a brick wall :yawn:
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Adam please be a little more respectful to Mormon Girl...
  • LevitationStoneLevitationStone Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    I'm sure other people have made this point but, unfortunately I feel that children in soaps are a mistake.

Having them there means that "oh, Oscar's at nursery" or "Amy is playing with Yasmine round at the Masood's" has to happen semi-regularly so that viewers don't complain that they've been forgotten...

I find it frustrating to have young children around because either they are wooden and fail to emote (the actress(es) who pay Amy are case in point), or they are rarely seen and are too young to have a storyline of their own - such as Oscar or Yasmine.

As for teenagers, we did have a big influx of them when Fatboy was first introduced - Leon and all them - but they were quite rightly, written out. Now we have Lola's old friend making trouble and I hate to watch her...

The other issue, as others have mentioned, is that teenagers/children tend to be replaced with different actors - Ben/Lucy/Lauren... The hardest thing to take with these replacements is the personality transplants that seem to go along with them.

I suppose it gives the writers the freedom to take old characters in new directions that wasn't previously possible because they'd boxed themselves in before but, this should be something they use WRITING to get out of, not re-casting!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the OP just passionate about EE, however I do wish she listen to our posts of why we don't think EE needs a lot of school children.
This discussion has been closed.