Girls Aloud Reunion

Sweet7Sweet7 Posts: 599
Forum Member
✭✭
Published today in the Daily Star:

GIRLS Aloud are being lined up to headline this year’s Royal Variety Performance as part of their ten-year anniversary comeback.

Cheryl, Nadine, Kimberley, Sarah and Nicola are expected to sing for old Queen Lizzy herself at the Royal Albert Hall gig on November 19.

And as if that isn’t enough good news to get all you GA fans hot and bothered, I can also reveal the fivesome
have landed their own ITV1 primetime documentary.

The 75-minute spectacular, called 10 Years Of Girls Aloud, is listed to air after the X Factor results show on Sunday December 2, which will guarantee it a huge audience.

Comments

• kenny12kenny12 Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bless.
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I may wet myself with excitement...
  • MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    This does sound ridiculously amazing. Let us just hope that it is true.
  • johnboybetterjohnboybetter Posts: 1,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope they release a Greatest Hits album with two new songs on them, both POP not DANCE and they release one the more uptempo one, the other should be a ballard and remain a album track.

AND IF POSSIBLE they do a like 5 date tour of the main cities in the UK.

AND IF POSSIBLE STAY TOGETHER FOREVER. But the first two will be fine
  • MrGiles2MrGiles2 Posts: 1,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Girls Aloud are terribly loud, hence the name. I recall seeing them along with Yvette Fielding a couple of years back in an episode of Most Haunted.

I cringed with embarrassment at the thoroughly disgusting language they were dishing up. Unacceptable.
  • CloudbusterCloudbuster Posts: 688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just cant get excited about this
  • Sweet7Sweet7 Posts: 599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrGiles2 wrote: »
    Girls Aloud are terribly loud, hence the name. I recall seeing them along with Yvette Fielding a couple of years back in an episode of Most Haunted.

I cringed with embarrassment at the thoroughly disgusting language they were dishing up. Unacceptable.

And you never swear? Welcome to the UK around 95% of the population swear on a regular basis...

Anyway, I am very excited for this reunion. This just get's me so excited http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0AwJ06s84U
  • tracystapestracystapes Posts: 3,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new single is soon apparently (according to Cheryl's twitter and Nadine)
  • AmazingAmazing Posts: 1,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't they already had a greatest hits?
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Amazing wrote: »
    Haven't they already had a greatest hits?

Yeah. I think The Sound of Girls Aloud (the GH collection) came out in 2006. I think they should release a Singles Collection this time rather than a Greatest Hits, but with a couple of new songs. Looking forward to hearing the new single though.
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheryl Cole has teased details of a new song from Girls Aloud believed to be called 'I Just Wanna Dance'.

The 'Call My Name' spoke to Capital FM about the return of the girl group admitting their forthcoming material will be well worth the wait.

When asked if she could reveal any lyrics from the new material the band are currently working on, she smiled and said: "I just wanna dance."

Amelia Lily, also working with Xenomania said that she had heard several new Girls Aloud tracks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah. I think The Sound of Girls Aloud (the GH collection) came out in 2006. I think they should release a Singles Collection this time rather than a Greatest Hits, but with a couple of new songs. Looking forward to hearing the new single though.

They've already released a singles box set
    http://store.universal-music.co.uk/restofworld/cd/boxsetgirls-aloud-singles-box-set/invt/0602527049113/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't think there is much difference for GA, seeing as how all but one single hit the top ten.. Also they released a "greatest hits" which was all of their singles at the same time Sugababes released their "singles collection" which omitted several singles
  • Pippa2012Pippa2012 Posts: 610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A Singles collection would do well if they include all the singles and a couple of new tracks, Steps made number 1 with the ultimate collection which wasnt very different from the original gold album, so i think Girls Aloud could match the success of Steps.
  • blueface2222blueface2222 Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe a 2CD Greatest Hits with all their singles and a few new songs
    and a 1CD version with just the massive hits on and some new songs?

The Boxset was only released to fans and not alot of people use that Universal Music Store i'd be surprised if they sold 1,000 of those. In terms of nationwide release all their hits have not been out yet.

I want a brand new studio album full stop. I want them to crack the states to attempt tow with The Promise. I want them to do 2 arena tours one of the hits and one of a new album. I want them to an Audience with special on ITV and to end their reunion after a year with a stadium tour and then reunite at the 15th anniversary again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    Well something's going to happen. They've updated their official website with a 10-day countdown. Which will end at 10am on Friday 19th October 2012. So what's going to happen? Hopefully news on a new single and maybe a new album. Can't wait either way.

And, to add to the good news, Sarah Harding has joined Twitter. username is @SarahNHarding. And Girls Aloud now have their own Twitter feed - @girlsaloud.

All in all, not a bad day for Girls Aloud and their fans.

I'm now getting more excited to hear ther Girls Aloud medley at Cheryl's A Million Lights Tour when i see it on Monday at Glasgow.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't one of them in Strictly?
  • johnboybetterjohnboybetter Posts: 1,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay very happy about this, hope the music owns!
    They always comeback so different to before so I hope they do the same this time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Then I think that's it for Girls Aloud..."

Not the best thing to say just as you're announcing a comeback. All abit doom and gloom for the fans.
  • BrettBrett Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.girlsaloud.com/ countdown on web site
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brett wrote: »
    http://www.girlsaloud.com/ countdown on web site

Perhaps it's counting down to the moment Cheryl Tweedy explodes
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    "Then I think that's it for Girls Aloud..."

Where did they say that?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's all over twitter that they will officially split up after a tour.
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »

its probably for the best unfortunately.:cry: the reunion will probably be successful, but they wouldn't want to push things too far. who knows, they could have another reunion somewhere down the line.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »

It's all about the money honey