I have lost many channels on my Goodmans GFSAT100SD receiver

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
Forum Member
Hi, Hope someone can help. I have suddenly lost a load of channels on my Freesat box. Its a Goodmans GFSAT100SD.
I tested for interference from phone / modem / computer nearby but had no effect. I have researched the lost channels, there are lots! It looks to me as if I had lost channels with vertical polarity. So I have lost channels the like of:

ITV 1 + 1
ITV 2
ITV3
ITV 3 + 1
ITV 4
CHANNEL 4 + 1
E4
MOre 4
CBS Drama
CNN
Movies 4 Men
CITV
POP
and so on, there are many more.

I think i have got the problem down too either the LND on my dish loosing channels, although i seem to have 98% signal on install, but if I try to manually install any of these channels I have 0 level and 0 quality. On other channels that work I have near 100% for both. Im not technically minded so wondered if anyone on here who is could help, is it likely to be the LND on my dish or my receiver not receiving a certain voltage and thus loosing these channels??

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

David

Comments

• soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As you probably have worked out either the box is not sending the 14V to switch to vertical polarisation or the LNB is not responding. It may be worth trying a full factory reset on the box to see if this fixes it but the easiest way to prove which end is the problem is to try another sat box.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    soulboy77 wrote: »
    As you probably have worked out either the box is not sending the 14V to switch to vertical polarisation or the LNB is not responding. It may be worth trying a full factory reset on the box to see if this fixes it but the easiest way to prove which end is the problem is to try another sat box.

Any idea how to do a factory reset on the box?
  • soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You use the first time installation option for a factory reset - Main Menu / 2 Settings / First Time Install. The default lock code is 0000 if you haven't set your own one.
    Forum Member
    aaah, ok, I have done that several times to no avail. Says 98% signal and loads all the channels, including ones I cant get. Once finished if I try to use a channel that's missing it initially names in in the information and then is just blank screen with "no signal" showing, and on some it initially comes up with "New Service - Please wait" and then blank screen and "no Signal". so basically that doesn't do anything to correct it.
    Forum Member
    aaah, ok, I have done that several times to no avail. Says 98% signal and loads all the channels, including ones I cant get. Once finished if I try to use a channel that's missing it initially names in in the information and then is just blank screen with "no signal" showing, and on some it initially comes up with "New Service - Please wait" and then blank screen and "no Signal". so basically that doesn't do anything to correct it.
  • Gerry WicklowGerry Wicklow Posts: 632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Borrow a friends box or take your box to a friends house. That will clarify if it is your box or LNB.