*** The P!NK Appreciation Thread ***

Comments

• natalie77natalie77 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My favourite albums in order would be Im Not Dead, Funhouse & then Mizunderstood as they are the only ones I have.

I need to complete my collection of her albums as well as getting her live dvds :)
  • City SlickerCity Slicker Posts: 278
    Forum Member
    It was indeed at the Grammys, and that performance was luxurious, but I only saw it for the first time yesterday, inspiring!
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love how the other celebrities were just in awe of her at the Grammys. It sucks that she had to wait over 10 years to have her "moment" but at least she got it eventually!
    Forum Member
    What's worse is that we'll have to wait till 2013 for the possibility of another album! :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2013, is that official? Oh man :(
    Forum Member
    Well she definitely won't do one this year (confirmed break) and she probably wants to be active in her child's early years.

This ruins tour chances, but Britney etc tour still.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's just had a baby, I wasn't expecting a new album any time soon! She's been working pretty much not stop since I'm Not Dead came out, and was still working during the early stages of her pregnancy. She thoroughly deserves a break.
  • Mr. FahrenheitMr. Fahrenheit Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    Well she definitely won't do one this year (confirmed break) and she probably wants to be active in her child's early years.

This ruins tour chances, but Britney etc tour still.

What's Britney got to do with P!nk?:D

Anyway, she deserves a break, spend time with the family. It's all natural, folks!:)
    Forum Member
    What's Britney got to do with P!nk?:D

Anyway, she deserves a break, spend time with the family. It's all natural, folks!:)

Touring with children! :rolleyes: :D :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    Pink's gorgeous and when she's settled into family life I hope she makes another album and is on TV doing non stop promotion. She was great on the Paul O Grady show, never wanted to purchase "Diesel fluid" until now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that P!nk taking a break and being that ctive in her childs early years will be the best thing she has and will do!

I mean look at Madonna as a prime example. You can have a child and a few years later when you can stabalise work and motherhood/parenthood and balancing it all out you can create an absolute musical masterpiece. And promote and perform as frenetically as ever!

P!nk doing this means she has had a break at a height in her career with Funhouse and her grammy performance etc. and she can rebuild and be so influenced in life too :)

Finding new influences and having a family etc. will be a fantastic deviation from the more aggressive driven image P!nk has had in her material :) will be interesting to see!
    Forum Member
    One of the best things about P!nk is that she doesn't jump around from producer to producer, she tends to stay close to them and it's the same with the people she tours with, it's like they're all one happy family.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think that P!nk taking a break and being that ctive in her childs early years will be the best thing she has and will do!

I mean look at Madonna as a prime example. You can have a child and a few years later when you can stabalise work and motherhood/parenthood and balancing it all out you can create an absolute musical masterpiece. And promote and perform as frenetically as ever!

P!nk doing this means she has had a break at a height in her career with Funhouse and her grammy performance etc. and she can rebuild and be so influenced in life too :)

Finding new influences and having a family etc. will be a fantastic deviation from the more aggressive driven image P!nk has had in her material :) will be interesting to see!

I think that's why people love songs like Glitter In The Air, or I Don't Believe you, because it shows of a more vunerable side to P!nk. I can't wait to see what sound and what songs she comes up with after having her daughter.
    Forum Member
    Despite being a mum, I'd like her to keep that aggressive edge. Like in the most girls vid in the early scenes when she's doing that kickboxing in her apartment. I don't expect her to being doing that stuff now though, but it was unique at the time, because she's attractive, but refused to go down the bikini and covered in honey route. But now she got a baby and she's really happy they'll probably be more mature tracks rather than angry ones.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    granted08 wrote: »
    Despite being a mum, I'd like her to keep that aggressive edge. Like in the most girls vid in the early scenes when she's doing that kickboxing in her apartment. I don't expect her to being doing that stuff now though, but it was unique at the time, because she's attractive, but refused to go down the bikini and covered in honey route. But now she got a baby and she's really happy they'll probably be more mature tracks rather than angry ones.

There will always be angry tracks, it's P!nk! She's always managed to have a good mixture of angry tracks, with more vlunerable tracks, and I don't think that will change. I think the more vlunerable tracks will now be inspired by her daughter, and motherhood.
    Forum Member
    Just wait till the teenage years! :p
    Forum Member
    True. I think by then Pink's hormones will be raging more than her daughter's!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just wait till the teenage years! :p

Haha, if her daughter turns out to be anything like her, I think we'll have plenty of angry tracks to look forward to!
    Forum Member
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    Haha, if her daughter turns out to be anything like her, I think we'll have plenty of angry tracks to look forward to!

Hard to believe she'll be over 40 then! :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hard to believe she'll be over 40 then! :eek:

I know! She'll be 32 this year. Not that that is old by any means, I just forget that that's her age! It like when I get shocked that Miley Cyrus is 18 now, or that some of my second cousins are teenagers. It's like I've forgotten that we've all aged!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think that's why people love songs like Glitter In The Air, or I Don't Believe you, because it shows of a more vunerable side to P!nk. I can't wait to see what sound and what songs she comes up with after having her daughter.
    There will always be angry tracks, it's P!nk! She's always managed to have a good mixture of angry tracks, with more vlunerable tracks, and I don't think that will change. I think the more vlunerable tracks will now be inspired by her daughter, and motherhood.

I agree! All of her ablums have a perfect balance of styles and moods of songs imo. :) I can't wait to hear her next album too!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon there will be a song called Labour Pains ;)

and the album will be called the Immaculate P!nkception :cool: haha!

She will be influenced non stop :) it will be a very special time for her and her fans too guaranteed :)
    Forum Member
    Actually I suppose she could take her child on tour, that's what all her crew members do.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually I suppose she could take her child on tour, that's what all her crew members do.

Well she said this when she was pregnant! So cute! :cool::D

"As soon as the baby can say 'mama', I'm going on the road," she told The AP.

"We are going to be a travelling family gypsy band with garlands in our hair."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a289521/pink-ill-tour-after-baby-is-born.html
    Forum Member
    I actually love P!nk. :cry: