Where's Striker gone?

Comments

• JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    http://www.myebook.com/index.php?option=ebook&id=16914

Another Striker ebook is up. Dead Man Walking, which is originally published in 2003.
  • LordmilkymilkyLordmilkymilky Posts: 309
    Forum Member
    Don't be surprised by the sun. The trea their readers like imobciles who will just accept what they do without believing that their readers have a brain. They have always worked like this. Believe me I know someone who worked there. If you ring them to complain about something, they are aggressive and couldn't care....absolute *******. Oh...lets support labour.....oh no...lets support the conservatives...oh no...lets support labour.....oh wait..no...lets support the conservatives. Remember who owns this paper..........they never really supported labour.....wolves in sheeps clothing that is what theyare....
    Forum Member
    Hmm, I have noticed that they haven't printed one letter in the paper about Striker's disappearance, even though they must've received hundreds or even thousands on the topic. :mad:
  • Mickwall68Mickwall68 Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    Wayne814 wrote: »
    I would love to read Psycops again, i hadn't realised until the Striker comic came out that it was Pete Nash who had done that as well.

I'd love to see Psycops again too.
    Forum Member
    JAS84 wrote: »
    Maybe Pete could put that online the same way he's doing Striker?

I just mailed him about doing just that.
  • tingramretrotingramretro Posts: 10,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmm, I have noticed that they haven't printed one letter in the paper about Striker's disappearance, even though they must've received hundreds or even thousands on the topic. :mad:

Does this honestly surprise you? :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    No, but it's still maddening that they refuse to acknowledge fan reaction to Striker's demise.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow... Wayne, Mick... blasts from the past! :)
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    I stopped buying it in protest. Mind you I only bought it for Striker.
    Forum Member
    I know this is an old thread but I thought I'd give you all an update on Striker..

Pete Nash posted on the forum the other day saying that the film will take a while to get off the ground but that a reworked Warbury Years story could be in a weekly mag very soon. he's also updating the ebooks on a regular basis.

http://www.myebook.com/ebook_viewer.php?ebookId=16778

http://www.myebook.com/ebook_viewer.php?ebookId=16914
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the update, I have the Striker3D ebook profile page favourited. :)
  • illusioukillusiouk Posts: 706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanx for the links Mick :)
  • Wayne814Wayne814 Posts: 1,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update and links Mick.
    Forum Member
    Got another Striker update....

Pete came onto the forum today and told us that the contracts for Striker have been "verbally confirmed " and that Striker would be back in print in January but he couldn't say which weekly it was going into until the contracts have been signed, Pete also spoke about his plans for the Striker animation. (you can read more about that on the Striker forum. (its worth looking at)
  • DJGMDJGM Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mickwall68 wrote: »
    Pete Nash posted on the forum the other day . . .
    Pete came onto the forum today and told us that the contracts for Striker have
    been "verbally confirmed " and that Striker would be back in print in January
    but he couldn't say which weekly it was going into until the contracts have
    been signed, Pete also spoke about his plans for the Striker animation.
    (you can read more about that on the Striker forum.
    What forum? The one on zetaboards that was linked to earlier in this thread "does not exist".

So if Striker is going "back in print in January" is this picking up the story a few months from
    where it left off since the last episode in The Sun, or is this a few more archived re-runs?
    Forum Member
    I'm getting the same error message. :(

EDIT: So I Googled it, found a Facebook link to the actual thread and it came up with "You do not have permission to view this topic".

http://s11.zetaboards.com/StrikerWorld/topic/7213543/3/#new
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm getting the same error message. :(

EDIT: So I Googled it, found a Facebook link to the actual thread and it came up with "You do not have permission to view this topic".

http://s11.zetaboards.com/StrikerWorld/topic/7213543/3/#new

I think they enforce sign-ups before letting you view any topics. If so, it's not the best way to build a community. There's been some right control freaks associated with the Striker community in the past.
    Forum Member
    dapa wrote: »
    I think they enforce sign-ups before letting you view any topics. If so, it's not the best way to build a community. There's been some right control freaks associated with the Striker community in the past.

Dapa, where you a member of the Striker forum a while ago?

Guests can now read threads on the Striker section of the forum.
    Forum Member
    Not according to this...
    You're currently viewing our forum as a guest.

You do not have permission to access this topic.
    Error Code: 4:1810745
    Forum Member
    Not according to this...

I have asked a few people to test it and they can see the The World Of Warbury area, you have to scroll down a little but its there...

http://s11.zetaboards.com/StrikerWorld/index/
    Forum Member
    Yes, but click on World of Warbury and you get an Access Denied message.
    Access Denied
    Error Code: 7002:1810745
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dapa, where you a member of the Striker forum a while ago?

Guests can now read threads on the Striker section of the forum.

Hi Mick, I have been in the past. But yay, the forum might get more people visiting if it was 'open access' and could be searched by Google. After all, that was how folks like me were able to find the Striker Forum after the strip disappeared from The Sun the first time.

Is the 'unique personality' that was Dean still around?
    Forum Member
    I knew I knew the name.

I was joint admin of the old Striker forum with Dean for a while, (Uncle Joshua) the forum came to a sad end when Dean decided that we was leaving and made Montdav (that was ok and Dazzy admins to work with me, the forum descended into anarchy so Dean deleted it without warning.

Jook made his own forum which 30 or so members joined and is still around today but doesn't get many posts (2 per week) I kept a small Striker forum which isn't very busy but our membership has quadrupled since Striker ended and Nashy himself is a member and keep us updated with his plans.
  • Wayne814Wayne814 Posts: 1,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen on Strikerworld that Pete has done an update on the status.

Should hopefully be back at the end of January as a 1 page strip in a weekly magazine, and pick up where it left off in the Sun.

Hopefully we can get some news on what magazine once its ready to be announced.
    Forum Member
    Less of a workload for him that The Sun was, doing one strip a week instead of 6. This is good news. I bet it'll be Zoo or Nuts.