Hollyoaks: The Wedding Day Bus Crash [spoilers/speculation]

tracystapestracystapes Posts: 3,309
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Thought this would be good for those who don't like spoilers so they will see the title and know not to click.

2 (or more) people are rumored to die.

Comments

• MasterjonboiMasterjonboi Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But It States Atleast 2 People! Could be more tbh
  • chasing_starschasing_stars Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    I think it could be more - especially if this is Bryan Kirkwood's doing. I remember when he first took charge of Hollyoaks back in 2006 and killed off 5 characters in the Dog Fire - I think it was the 2 Burton twins, Sam Owen, Joe Spencer and Olivia the student that were killed off. If he thinks there's too much deadwood on the show, this is the prime way of getting rid of a whole batch of characters that he thinks no longer cut it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Maddie may be one. Firstly they scrapped her sister Poppy and they have now passed the bullying buck very much onto Sineads lap.
  • tracystapestracystapes Posts: 3,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have faith in Bryan Kirkwood, so I agree with what you all say.

I am a fan of the character of Leanne but I can't help but feel she's outstayed her welcome as far as storylines go (that's not the actress's fault, but the writers). I am wondering if she could be a victim. I would say Texas but I always assumed her exit would be something to do with Silas.
  • winter99winter99 Posts: 16,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I am a fan of the character of Leanne but I can't help but feel she's outstayed her welcome as far as storylines go (that's not the actress's fault, but the writers). I am wondering if she could be a victim. I would say Texas but I always assumed her exit would be something to do with Silas.

i also agree I cant think of any more storylines for leanne
    and ally has had his leaving party but his exit will probbaly be something with his secret
  • EmmalenaEmmalena Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    winter99 wrote: »
    i also agree I cant think of any more storylines for leanne
    and ally has had his leaving party but his exit will probbaly be something with his secret

Although don't forget the storyline has been set to 'reveal secrets and lies that many had fought hard to keep hidden'... so maybe Ally's downfall lies in that his supposed post-traumatic stress is unaffected by the explosion leaving Ash to wisen up, or maybe his lack of medical skill could do that (as he's not really a medic)...
  • cheekypetercheekypeter Posts: 6,552
    Forum Member
    JoToBo wrote: »
    I think Maddie may be one. Firstly they scrapped her sister Poppy and they have now passed the bullying buck very much onto Sineads lap.

I wondered this. I could see a storyline where all of the teens are 'Maddie was such a wonderful person' blah blah, until Esther publically snaps and says how horrid Maddie was. This could be used to turn the 'nicer' teens against her (Tilly, George etc.) and a reason for Sinead and Ruby's bullying to intensify if the bullying storyline continues til New Year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does Esther's bullying plot tie in with this at all?
  • cobwebsoupcobwebsoup Posts: 4,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wondered this. I could see a storyline where all of the teens are 'Maddie was such a wonderful person' blah blah, until Esther publically snaps and says how horrid Maddie was. This could be used to turn the 'nicer' teens against her (Tilly, George etc.) and a reason for Sinead and Ruby's bullying to intensify if the bullying storyline continues til New Year.

A very interesting theory. It could happen, as the bullying plot is going to go on for a while yet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder who they will place the blame of the deaths on - Maddie or Bart? I know the van explodes, but still.

I wonder if Maddie will feel any guilt for causing peoples deaths or if she will just continue on being horrible as usual.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are there any waveguide spoilers at all?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are there any waveguide spoilers at all?

Just reiterating this. I can't find them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    Monday, November 12

Who will Tony reveal his secret to? And, with her big day looming, will Ruby get cold feet?

Tuesday, November 13

On the morning of the wedding, Ste makes a shocking discovery and Esther faces the threat of Maddie's wrath.

Wednesday, November 14

A catastrophic accident threatens to destroy lives in the village, while Doug still can't let go of the past.

Thursday, November 15

In the aftermath of the accident, Hollyoaks falls into disrepair. Things are put in perspective for many in the village, but how much longer can the truth stay buried?

Friday, November 16

One resident hears life-changing news, but can they live with the consequences? And just when they thought they were safe, tragedy strikes for one much-loved couple

Waveguide gives nothing away
  • MasterjonboiMasterjonboi Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So two die in the acident and then tragedy happens for a much loved couple wow triple death then
  • PlantPlant Posts: 11,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Boring spoilers for the week after the crash. from digiguide
    In the aftermath of the devastating crash, Phoebe struggles to retain her silence about what she knows, and Lacey seeks solace in an unlikely friend.

When Ash struggles to articulate her emotions and Lacey's illicit feelings intensify, are the Kanes headed for disaster? As Dodger receives a piece of life-changing information, he is once again left torn.

Dodger makes the bold choice to meet his real dad as one resident's grief causes havoc in the village.

Dodger is faced with a shocking revelation, and Lacey's forbidden infatuation escalates.

Barney arrives back in the village but someone has a proposition for him. Will Carmel's first day at work help her confidence?
  • Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Plant wrote: »
    Boring spoilers for the week after the crash. from digiguide
    In the aftermath of the devastating crash, Phoebe struggles to retain her silence about what she knows, and Lacey seeks solace in an unlikely friend.

When Ash struggles to articulate her emotions and Lacey's illicit feelings intensify, are the Kanes headed for disaster? As Dodger receives a piece of life-changing information, he is once again left torn.

Dodger makes the bold choice to meet his real dad as one resident's grief causes havoc in the village.

Dodger is faced with a shocking revelation, and Lacey's forbidden infatuation escalates.

Barney arrives back in the village but someone has a proposition for him. Will Carmel's first day at work help her confidence?
    the bit in bold in the above spoiler indicates all the mcqueens are safe. Carmel wouldnt be going to work if Jacqui had died
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are there three wedding taking place???
    Ruby/Jono, Cindy/Tony and Doug/Ste or is it just the first two couples. I watched the trailer and it looks like its a triple wedding.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The teens will probably blame Esther for the crash even though Bart was the driver.
    From the trailer, I think it hints at Maddie dying, Jono getting injured (looks like his trying to save Ruby, might not be able to join the army) and I'll say Rhys also dies.

I hope Bart goes to prison, and this time noone takes the blame for him. I hate the character there is nothing likeable abour him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So two die in the acident and then tragedy happens for a much loved couple wow triple death then

What if the tradegy not a death, maybe the crash causes Tony to become blind for life (some glass gets into his eyes).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 114
    Forum Member

I thought this too. But then i thought of an even better twist.

Maddie lives but is paralysed and instead of her changing character continues being the bitch we all love to hate (which would be more realistic than the epiphany all injured people seem to get) and the bullying storyline continues.

Except this time maddie is made to look even more the victim because of the disability. the bullying reaches it's climax with either ester killing her or (scriptwriters forbid) killing herself - i'll be cross if this happens she really should have sorted it out sooner. :cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    As Maddie's the driver, Im assuming that Esther is the one that tampers with her brakes.
    'Being chased by Esther and Bart who are trying to stop the wedding' Then maybe Esther feels guilty and goes after them trying to stop an accident occurring.

'Phoebe struggles to retain her silence about what she knows' & Phoebe knows? because she seems the only one that looks out for Esther..

I really hope Maddie dies though, can't stand her or Sinead and HATE this bullying storyline, poor Esther.. I think Doug has a high chance of getting killed off.

However, it's been stated that at least 2 popular characters will be killed off, meaning definitely not the teenagers, because there far from loved. However, I feel it will definitely be more than two.. hopefully a few.
  • flbkabflbkab Posts: 8,798
    Forum Member
    lou36 wrote: »
    As Maddie's the driver, Im assuming that Esther is the one that tampers with her brakes.
    'Being chased by Esther and Bart who are trying to stop the wedding' Then maybe Esther feels guilty and goes after them trying to stop an accident occurring.

'Phoebe struggles to retain her silence about what she knows' & Phoebe knows? because she seems the only one that looks out for Esther..

I really hope Maddie dies though, can't stand her or Sinead and HATE this bullying storyline, poor Esther.. I think Doug has a high chance of getting killed off.

However, it's been stated that at least 2 popular characters will be killed off, meaning definitely not the teenagers, because there far from loved. However, I feel it will definitely be more than two.. hopefully a few.

I don't think Esther has anything to do with the minibus crashing. Apparently the brakes are still faulty as a result of Tony crashing it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    'the disaster will reveal secrets and lies that many had fought hard to keep hidden'

wonder what secrets/lies will be revealed? apart from the affair..
  • dublintvfandublintvfan Posts: 5,074
    Forum Member
    'the disaster will reveal secrets and lies that many had fought hard to keep hidden'

wonder what secrets/lies will be revealed? apart from the affair..

maybe calvins murder or one of brendans there the only big secret i can think of but i dont think Joel Therese or brendan are involved that week

could possibly be allys but hes in the next weeks spoilers so doubt its him either
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 376
    Forum Member

the breaks were already faulty, the reason why Tony crashed this week, same minibus:)!