Man United Supporters Thread (Part 29)

Comments

• batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen the start of Summer Supplement, and there he is with Gill signing the contract! :D
  • zielerzieler Posts: 8,038
    Forum Member
    BomoLad wrote: »
    Here I am trying to enjoy the Euros but it keeps churning over in my head 'Will we or won't we sign Powell'. It's becoming hard to focus on anything else.

I assume you are much happier now :)
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yay!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When was the last time we bought someone from League two or below, with the aim of them to play first team football (before Powell)??
    Sharpe from Torquay, or was there someone after him?
  • familyguy8904familyguy8904 Posts: 2,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Manutd should sent Powell back to Crewe on season loan as Crewe will played him over 40 matches next season in league one.
  • skimminstonesskimminstones Posts: 8,403
    Forum Member
    I think Manutd should sent Powell back to Crewe on season loan as Crewe will played him over 40 matches next season in league one.

the crewe manager has already said he doesnt want powell back on loan as he wants to bring another youngster through in his place
  • BomoLadBomoLad Posts: 17,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zieler wrote: »
    I assume you are much happier now :)
    Much

No. Let him have a go at our level. 15 games for first team with rest for the reserves will be more and better experience anyway. Who knows he might take the league by storm. Could be one of those Fergie best-buys.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We always do 'undisclosed fees' don't we. The press never find out unless the other side tell them.
  • Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    I don't see what value there would be in loaning him out. We would be sitting in a years time still none the wiser how good he is.
    Forum Member
    itv commentator seems pretty certain lewandoski will be at united next year.

Dont think there is any substance to the story personally
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't see Dortmund selling us two members of their double winning side, but hey this is football so who knows!
    Forum Member
    Signing two players from the same club at different points seems a little odd.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well we need a player in that area. We're hardly stacked up front now. Assuming Berbatov will go the way of a girlfriend who finally takes the hint.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    Signing two players from the same club at different points seems a little odd.

Yeah it does, which is just one reason why I cannot see it happening.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BomoLad wrote: »
    Well we need a player in that area. We're hardly stacked up front now. Assuming Berbatov will go the way of a girlfriend who finally takes the hint.

Cash + Berbs?

Someone surely somewhere, must want Berbs??
    Forum Member
    pogba and berbatov out, kagawa and Powell in sounds like a good swap to me.

assuming berba does leave soon
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The strange thing is tgat we are all assuming that Berbs will leave, and it certainly does look like that he will, but I haven't seen any stories linking him anywhere yet, which if one of our youth products (Pogba), can generate headlines and stories linking here and there, then a £30 million player, should generate something, or a few stories surely?

But, I am at a loss as to where he will end up, does anyone have any ideas of who will sign him?
    Forum Member
    Berbatov essentially has no value so no club will be interested in paying what I would imagine we would want for him.
    Forum Member
    think we would take any reasonable offer for him really. If we dont he leaves on a free next year
    Forum Member
    What do we consider a "reasonable" offer though?
    Forum Member
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    What do we consider a "reasonable" offer though?

no idea, between 8-10million? He is worth more but not to clubs that know he will cost nothing in a years time.

But frankly if we arent going to play him then anything is better than nothing. Even 2million plus the saving on his wages is better than a year of paying them and letting him go for nothing
    Forum Member
    Much as I'm a fan of Berbatov I don't think many of the clubs who would potentially be interested would be queuing up to pay millions plus his hefty salary for him as a player who will be 32 in the coming season.
  • TombstoneTombstone Posts: 2,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Besiktas or Galatasary for a couple of million would be my guess for him
  • f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We might as well get the sedentary fella on his badges and take him on as a coach when his contract runs out.
  • TribecTribec Posts: 9,327
    Forum Member
    Leverksan pardon the spelling were looking, but wanted him on a free. PSG had looked, but pulled out. They know that should they wait 6 months Berbatov will be available for nothing.,
This discussion has been closed.