Pinball FX2 [XBLA]

WoodsMonkWoodsMonk Posts: 6,455
Forum Member
Can't believe there isn't a thread on this!

Anyways... Zen Studios are giving away the Halloween-themed table “Paranormal” for Pinball FX2 absolutely free. From now until November 2nd.

Anyone else play this? What's your best table(s)? Feel free to add me :) (GT is the same as username).

Comments

• HappyTreeHappyTree Posts: 4,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have the Fantastic 4 table, that is all. Thanks for the heads-up!
  • SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just got it for free, I bought this ages ago but only ever play secrets of the deep. Excellent game.

To get the free table just download Pinball FX 2, go to paranormal and unlock it. Will be free
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    The paranormal table is actually great fun too.
  • archiverarchiver Posts: 13,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for letting us know WoodsMonk. It's a good table and I'll enjoy playing it. Previous favourite was Mars.
  • Octopus_PrimeOctopus_Prime Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have to thank you WoodsMonk this Table is AWESOME, Probably the BEST freebie ever!!!! CHEERS ;)
  • MinnimoMinnimo Posts: 5,741
    Forum Member
    I downloaded it and promptly forgot about it. :o That's the effect of COD!

Must check out this evening what I have downloaded!! :eek:
    Forum Member
    I've been playing a bit of the paranormal table and really enjoying it, in fact it's probably one of the most enjoyable tables I've played.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 182
    Forum Member
    I have most of the tables on this game, got some pretty decent scores on a few of them as well. My favourite is the spiderman table just now.... can be on it for aaaages!! :)
    Forum Member
    I actually think the Paranormal table is the best I've played, It's really addictive. But to be fair I've not spent enough time with the other tables in this game. I've always thought to an extent that pinball games relied on fluke over skill but I'm realising that's definitely not the case.
  • WoodsMonkWoodsMonk Posts: 6,455
    Forum Member
    Paranormal and Sorcerer's Lair tables are my best ones. My worst table would have to be Iron Man, I just can't get anywhere on it!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WoodsMonk wrote: »
    Can't believe there isn't a thread on this!

Anyways... Zen Studios are giving away the Halloween-themed table “Paranormal” for Pinball FX2 absolutely free. From now until November 2nd.

Anyone else play this? What's your best table(s)? Feel free to add me :) (GT is the same as username).

Arrrrrgh I love Pinball FX2 and I missed this :(
  • TommyNookaTommyNooka Posts: 2,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    J6ngo1977 wrote: »
    Arrrrrgh I love Pinball FX2 and I missed this :(

Same here!!
    I'm actually a bit annoyed that this wasn't very well publicised, there will be players downloading the free table that don't have any other PFX tables yet I own most of them and they expect me to pay for this because I wasn't lucky enough to stumble across a press release, an email would have been nice!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Highest scores on Paranormal table guys ? My mate just got to just under 92 million. He says tricks to get high scores are plenty of skill shots and try and keep getting your balls into the haunted house at the top of the table.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,342
    Forum Member
    I just got the Marvel Fantastic Four table, it's fun

One thing I don't like about Pinball FX2 is, it doesn't do a very good job explaining what you're supposed to be doing, for example I have no idea what skill shots are
  • samtmansamtman Posts: 1,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    each of the tables has instructions. If you pause it there is an option on the pause menu.
  • archiverarchiver Posts: 13,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    earsnot wrote: »
    I just got the Marvel Fantastic Four table, it's fun

One thing I don't like about Pinball FX2 is, it doesn't do a very good job explaining what you're supposed to be doing, for example I have no idea what skill shots are
    There are guides available for most tables on the www. There's a .pdf one for the Fantastic Four table here:

http://marvelpinball.com/table_guides/Fantastic%20Four%20Table%20Guide%20By%20ShoryukenToTheChin.pdf

And similarly for the other Marvel tables, look for "Updated Marvel Pinball Table Guides" about half way down this page:

http://marvelpinball.com/

Some "Strategy Guides" here:

http://forum.zenstudios.com/showthread.php?t=2937
  • WoodsMonkWoodsMonk Posts: 6,455
    Forum Member
    All three table packs are 400 MSpoints each this week.

Core (Biolab, Pasha, Secrets of the Deep & Rome)
    Classic (Speed Machine, Extreme, Agents & Buccaneer)
    Marvel (Spider-Man, Iron Man, Blade & Wolverine)

*First time ever on sale*
    Forum Member
    Epic Quest table is now available for 240 MS points. Well worth it, it's great fun.
    Forum Member
    Really enjoying this game at the moment. Been trying to get a good score on Excalibur, I think it's one of the best tables but it's nails hard. The 3DS version is so easy in comparison as the physics arn't so hardcore. I do love this table though!