Options

Bluetooth & IR remote ever coming to UK

Dansky+HDDansky+HD Posts: 9,806
Forum Member
Hi I have a Sony 3D TV, PS3, about to get Sony surround sound and have Sony DVD/Video.

In Japan there is a remote that uses both Bluetooth for PS3 & IR for TV surround sound etc.

Anyone with any info in when this product will ever come to the UK?

http://m.engadget.com/2011/02/02/sony-announces-cech-zrc1-bluetooth-ir-remote-to-bridge-the-hom/

Comments

• Options
    steveOooosteveOooo Posts: 5,002
    Forum Member
    I bought it for £18 from amazon uk -
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0050SX9I2/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1634&creative=19450&creativeASIN=B0050SX9I2&linkCode=as2&tag=mysp085-21

Was sent from a uk address.

If it ever gets released in the uk it'll sell for around £15 - it works out of the box if you have a sony TV, however (as per my previous thread starter yesterday) in TV mode, the 4 point select ring doesn't work - so you can't, for example change brightness setting - not massive issue as I do this maybe once or twice a day (watching in daylight - night). But volume controls work but pause button is smaller and bit too close to stop - but probably get used to it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's overall ok - it's a bit too crowded around the play button - 'instant' buttons seem pointless - requires a small 'toss' of the remote to change volume / press mute
  • Options
    Dansky+HDDansky+HD Posts: 9,806
    Forum Member
    Called Sony, spoken to at least 6 people in their expert tech dept and they were clueless.

This is a product that yes has not come to the UK for whatever reason but they had no idea about it it's features or its limitations and they advised me against purchasing it.

All I wanted to know was if it was specific to only Sony TV's and only Sony surround sound and for what reason it is not supported on the original phat PS3.

If I get surround sound I'd like to use this in place of the controller and current remote the TV remote & the remote that will come with the surround sound.

Any info gratefully received.

Regards

Dan.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It works for any TVs (codes in manual) - it only works with sony branded amps apparently.

For me, it controls the tv bar the ability to use the enter / 4point round button in the middle - the us model will work on UK TVs etc..
  • Options
    technoflaretechnoflare Posts: 2,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went for the Harmony remote and a PS3 IR to BT adaptor. Now I can control everything on one remote. Just press one button and everything switches over and I can control the PS3...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Has it gt the ps square triangle etc buttons? Looks expensive?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    Purchased one of these from Argos about a week ago managed to get it for £17.99.

And yes it does have the circle, triangle buttons etc on it as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Gimmerss wrote: »
    Purchased one of these from Argos about a week ago managed to get it for £17.99.

And yes it does have the circle, triangle buttons etc on it as well.

That would be v1 - there's a v2 remote that's avail everywhere but Europe!! It has infrared so you can control the tv as well as the ps3 (more of a 'one for all' remote)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0050SX9I2/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1634&creative=19450&creativeASIN=B0050SX9I2&linkCode=as2&tag=mysp085-21
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 233
    Forum Member
    if you go onto amazon.com (usa site not uk) and register an account you buy it on there and they will ship it over, I think I paid £22 and that included shipping, worked fine out of the box on my sony tv and surround system and of course the ps3, takes a bout a week to arrive, piece of cake, heres the link $20 (£14) http://www.amazon.com/Media-Blu-ray-Remote-Control-Playstation-3/dp/B0050SX9I2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1356958696&sr=8-1&keywords=ps3+remote
  • Options
    technoflaretechnoflare Posts: 2,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went for the Harmony remote and a PS3 IR to BT adaptor. Now I can control everything on one remote. Just press one button and everything switches over and I can control the PS3...

I do the same, not the cheapest option with the remote and the BT adaptor but the press of one button switches my amp and tv and controls the amp sound while operating the PS3. Means even my 7 year old can go between Sky, WiiU and PS3.
  • Options
    pericompericom Posts: 6,025
    Forum Member
    If your TV is new chances are its remote can control the PS3 via HDMI.

I know my Panasonic remote can control my PS3, I use it all the time. No dongle or anything needed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    The controller i purchased from Argos will also control my television (which is LG) and my amplifier