Terrible game you recently played

Fowl FaxFowl Fax Posts: 3,968
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The most recent piece of garbage I have played is Empire Earth 3.

Game started off quite fun but a lot of the time the graphics are all jerky.

Plus for some unknown reason the game autosaves every 5 minutes which totally freezes the gameplay.

Now it seems to crash all the time. Thinking it may be an issue with my PC, I checked out some online reviews and most confirm it was released like this.

Comments

• LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Testement of Sherlock Holmes
  • Tal'shiarTal'shiar Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new Painkiller game was pretty dire. Just felt very stale and the graphics were accetable about 10 years ago.

One that is more of a crap port than a game, but Dark Souls was complete bollocks on pc. I have heard it was a really bad port, and the PS3 version was much better.
  • gothergother Posts: 14,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WWE13 they should of left the controls alone.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not terrible as such but The Witcher 2 was very disappointing with how ridiculously short it is.
  • tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another vote for WWE 13.
  • mojobrewmojobrew Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That "Knytt Underground" thing. Just didn't get on with it at all. Ugly sprites, horrible controls, bit boring. Probably didn't give it much of a chance but I was expecting to enjoy it (having just completed Limbo) but this just paled in comparison.
  • CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    family guy game
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The worst game I have played recentley was Max Payne 3
  • HotelierHotelier Posts: 13,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TOONARMY12 wrote: »
    My worst one as well...
  • starsailorstarsailor Posts: 11,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TOONARMY12 wrote: »

Cut scene...kill two people...cut scene... urgh...and those gun swopping controls..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My worst i've played recently (since christmas) is easily Lost Planet 2

• Regis MagnaeRegis Magnae Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member
    Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2.

I bought it in the Steam sale for just over a pound a month or two ago. 15 hours into the game I was completely bored by it, and when I read on Gamefaq that I was no where near the end I lost interest.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just Cause 2. Got it free on PSN+ and what a load of crap.
  • stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,390
    Forum Member
  • DSWNSMDSWNSM Posts: 1,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I couldn't believe this game got a release. It makes me happy it did though because now i have hope for a Sonic Shuffle HD release :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dead Space 2 - I know I will get slaughtered, but I thought it was utterly tedious drivel. Predictable combat, so dark you couldn't see any decent graphics, monsters that you have to shoot in odd places was just a dumb game mechanic.
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doomy wrote: »
    Dead Space 2 - I know I will get slaughtered, but I thought it was utterly tedious drivel. Predictable combat, so dark you couldn't see any decent graphics, monsters that you have to shoot in odd places was just a dumb game mechanic.

Made the game quite difficult I thought, limb removal isn't my forte so I would use more ammo than necessary to kill monsters, thus I run out of ammo and eventually got stuck and abandoned the game.... :D

A sorry tale of poor gamer vs tough game !
  • SJM978SJM978 Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    GTA IV...

Yes I know a lot of people love this game, but I found it to be a miserable experience. Charmless graphics, charmless characters, awkward controls, awful save system, and dull missions.

I know the whole thing is supposed to be a tongue in cheek look at the realities of the "American dream", but the humour gets repetative very quickly; it's too ott too often.

Now you can shoot me! :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SJM978 wrote: »
    GTA IV...

Yes I know a lot of people love this game, but I found it to be a miserable experience. Charmless graphics, charmless characters, awkward controls, awful save system, and dull missions.

I know the whole thing is supposed to be a tongue in cheek look at the realities of the "American dream", but the humour gets repetative very quickly; it's too ott too often.

Now you can shoot me! :p

Each to own that's why we have opinion that differ but i do have to question the awful save system comment

what is bad about a game that autosave but also has places in the world you can manually save
  • Nolan DeckardNolan Deckard Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Testement of Sherlock Holmes

Ditto. Such a chore to get through to the end of it.
  • SJM978SJM978 Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    Each to own that's why we have opinion that differ but i do have to question the awful save system comment

what is bad about a game that autosave but also has places in the world you can manually save

I just didn't like the auto save system, and too many times I had to redo missions from the beginning. I suppose the save system was the least of the problems I had with the game, but it was one I could have done without.
  • bitebugbitebug Posts: 3,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amy_(video_game)

(although I do feel sorry for the developers)
  • Nolan DeckardNolan Deckard Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was very grateful for the long overdue introduction of mission checkpoints in Ballad of Gay Tony.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another game I didnt like was Lollipop Chainsaw. But that was down to awful checkpoint design rather than the game itself.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    Haven't started it yet but I've got feeling it will be Hitman Absolution.

I suck at stealthy type of games and got sucked in by some youtube videos of agent 47 in chinatown. :(