How do i change the email address on my xbox?

logansdadlogansdad Posts: 1,068
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi all,
Any advice would be welcome.

I want to change the email address that my xbox has for my microsoft account. Does this mean i have to create a new account and change my player tag?
I've been fartin around in security settings trying to do it but i'm worried in case i screw it up and go down the wrong path.
I'm signed in with a gold account that gets paid by DD, and when i originally signed up i put an email adress in that i rarely used. However i've noticed that i mispelt it! Hence the reason to change. Any step by step tips for a thicko who's a bit to old to be playin on a console would be appreciated, cheers.

Comments

• The Special OneThe Special One Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    logansdad wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Any advice would be welcome.

I want to change the email address that my xbox has for my microsoft account. Does this mean i have to create a new account and change my player tag?
    I've been fartin around in security settings trying to do it but i'm worried in case i screw it up and go down the wrong path.
    I'm signed in with a gold account that gets paid by DD, and when i originally signed up i put an email adress in that i rarely used. However i've noticed that i mispelt it! Hence the reason to change. Any step by step tips for a thicko who's a bit to old to be playin on a console would be appreciated, cheers.

you can change it via xbox.com if you log into your account
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can change it no problem and your'e never too old to game
  • Dan27Dan27 Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    This is a nice advancement of Xbox Live.

I wanted to do the same a few years back. I had to create a brand new gamertag :(
  • logansdadlogansdad Posts: 1,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can i do it in "account setting"s on my xbox? Sorry for asking stupid questions but i'm a bit naive at this. Thanks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can i do it in "account setting"s on my xbox? Sorry for asking stupid questions but i'm a bit naive at this. Thanks.

I'm not too sure about this. I'll have a look on xbox support and get back to you ASAP.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All it mentions is being able to change the email add that's associated with your billing...not your actual log in email add. There seems to be some confusion with this and whether you can do it or not.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All it mentions is being able to change the email add that's associated with your billing...not your actual log in email add. There seems to be some confusion with this and whether you can do it or not.

I think that's whats been confusing me! Thanks for having a look.
  • sparky07sparky07 Posts: 1,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got a big problem too.

When I created my Gamertag when I bought my 360 just after launch I used an email address from hotmail which is no longer valid, plus I can't remember the password anyway.

If I request a change of email it asks me to enter the password which I don't no and by the looks of it would just send a password reset email to an email address which is no longer in use?

How the hell can I change my email now?

So annoying that I can't use Xbox.com or smart glass or anything like that. Anyone got any ideas?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sparky07 wrote: »
    I've got a big problem too.

When I created my Gamertag when I bought my 360 just after launch I used an email address from hotmail which is no longer valid, plus I can't remember the password anyway.

If I request a change of email it asks me to enter the password which I don't no and by the looks of it would just send a password reset email to an email address which is no longer in use?

How the hell can I change my email now?

So annoying that I can't use Xbox.com or smart glass or anything like that. Anyone got any ideas?

LOL, glad it's not just me!! There's got to be an obvious way around this..surely?
  • sparky07sparky07 Posts: 1,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL, glad it's not just me!! There's got to be an obvious way around this..surely?

I'm completely stuck now. Managed to get one step further last night but it's now asking me for my security question answer. However, the question is 'what is my favourite pets name'?

I've never had a pet!!!

I wonder if I call Xbox support whether they can help me?