[Game] The Mix Factor 4: Launch Thread

EndOfSanityEndOfSanity Posts: 15,072
Forum Member
✭✭
Ladies and gentlemen, we're back! The Mix Factor is returning for its fourth series following its fairly popular third series that took place last winter.

For those wondering why I'm putting this thread up now, the launch show has NOT changed days all of a sudden. I just thought I'd create this thread in advance to make some of our previous regular viewers and voters take notice of it and to remind everyone that the launch show is scheduled for tomorrow evening without having to send out PMs that no-one answers anyway. :p

As some of you may recall, the previous series was won by Australian pop princess Samantha Jade, mentored by the one and only jackel1234. The series itself was quite a hectic one, with quite a lot of twists and turns taking place over its course. This series, we're toning things down a bit and will try to go back to the basics. Expect the series to follow a similar format to series 1 and 2 rather than series 3. Anyway, allow me to (re)familiarize you with what exactly makes this show stand out from the crowd.

On The Mix Factor, four members of the Digital Spy Forums will take on a mentoring role of one of the four categories (girls, boys, groups and over 25s). Each of them will mentor FOUR X Factor acts from four different countries in a bid to win the show with one of them. The game focuses on showcasing X Factor acts from around the globe and of course enjoying oneself.

However
, there are a few rules in place to make The Mix Factor as good as it can possibly be. The judges, who will be announced tomorrow (although the three returning ones from last series may post on this thread if they wish), should read these rules very carefully:

RULES
  1. All chosen acts must have been in the live shows of their respective X Factors.
  2. Each of the acts in a category must be from an X Factor from a different country.
  3. UK acts are allowed, but are discouraged as there are plenty of other versions of The X Factor around that viewers should be exposed to instead of seeing the same acts over and over again.
  4. Be creative, you have the freedom to pick almost any X Factor act in the whole wide world, so put it to good use.
  5. Acts that have been on a previous version of The Mix Factor may not be chosen again. You can check the overview sections on the webpage to see which acts have already participated.
Sadly, the so-called 'curse of the winner' has struck again. To this date, none of the winning mentors of The Mix Factor have been able to return to the panel the next series for various reasons. The person it concerns this time is jackel1234, who will hopefully be cheering from the sidelines this series and might even make a guest judge appearance or two. On the other hand, this also means that we've got a brand-new judge in our line-up, who could that be?

Join us tomorrow right here on this thread to find out who the mystery judge is, what categories the judges will be mentoring this series and who the sixteen contenders for the title of Mix Factor champion will be this series!

So, are we excited for tomorrow's show or not? :D

Comments

• SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am so, so excited for this to return, I'm one of the three returning mentors and whoever the new judge joining us will be, I'm sure it'll be as competitive as ever. :D
  • jackel1234jackel1234 Posts: 5,218
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to seeing it EoS! Even though I am at a party and I am not gonna be here to witness it :o

Just gonna recommend to all the judges doing the show to check out XF Indonesia and XF Italy as they've got some SERIOUS talent :D

Anyway look forward to watching and seeing all the great judges :D
  • EndOfSanityEndOfSanity Posts: 15,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soppyfan wrote: »
    I am so, so excited for this top return, I'm one of the three returning mentors and whoever the new judge joining us will be, I'm sure it'll be as competitive as ever. :D

I'm sure it'll be as good if not better than last series! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    :D It`s back!!!
  • EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds fun, I'll keep checking back to the post :D
    Forum Member
    Also one thing I do really like about this show is the fact the winners are so varied from person who never made it past judges houses, to live show eliminated act, to XF winner...... and they're all in different categories with different mentors and different countries as well lmao :D
  • _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will definitely try and keep up with this :D
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excited!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm very glad to see that everyone is excited for the show's return. It's also nice to see some viewers like Pingu, Niall and Eddy post on here, makes me all the more excited to start hosting again. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,313
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to the launch of this tonight :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bboy1988 wrote: »
    Looking forward to the launch of this tonight :)

You're not the only one. The mystery judge can't make tonight's show unfortunately, but I have their three chosen acts, their wildcard picks and their reasoning behind those picks so we'll be fine. Also, that means one category has already been given out! ;)
  • Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will be watching this 4sure!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Expect the launch to start at any time between 7 and 7:30 PM
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All right then, it's time everybody. It's more than half a year ago that Samantha Jade was crowned the winner of The Mix Factor series 3. Now, it's time to set out and find our next winner. We've got the judges reveal, the category reveal and the cherry-picking process regarding the acts in store for you tonight, so let's right to it and start with revealing the four marvelous judges shall we?

Actually, before we do that, I present to you the winner of the previous series - Samantha Jade - with her new single Firestarter!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=T_bOx7pxCAM
    Forum Member
    Woop woop!!! :D
    Forum Member
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now, let's jump right into the action then. Our first judge is the true veteran of the panel. He's sat in the same chair for three series already, and is ready to sit in it for another one, hopefully emerging as the winning mentor this time as he hasn't won a series yet. He did come very close two times though, but unfortunately just missed out both times. Ladies and gentlemen, it's the amazing:
    bboy1988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Standing Ovation for Sammi! :D<3

Oh and hey there Stephen.
    Forum Member
    :D Stephen!!

(P.s Jack come and vote on LLL) :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The second panelist is a veteran in a whole other sense. While he's only been with us for one series of The Mix Factor, he has done so many other games it isn't even funny. He lost nearly all of his acts as a result of shock exits last series, so hoping to make the final and avoid untimely eliminations this time it's the one and only:

unclekevo
    Forum Member
    :D Kevin!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey there Kev, hope you have better luck this time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mentor number three is a person that's very well known on DS for both his mentoring and his amazing hosting. That said, he doesn't have the greatest track record on The Mix Factor after two series, finishing in 5th and 8th place respectively. However, he's been training as he's ready to absolutely slay those records this time. Please welcome the great:
    Soppyfan
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,313
    Forum Member
    Thanks for having my back EoS :)

Welcome aboard Kev and Steve
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey everybody, it's great to be back and yes, I NEED to do better than 8th place last time. :o