Straight people: which celebrity could turn you gay? Gay people: vice versa!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fnaaaar :D

Oh thanks Billy.... only three more

I've got a big one coming up, so to speak. I feel as if I should do something special with it, but can't think what.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    Mila Kunis being the obvious.

Scarlett Johnasson
    Demi Lovato
    Jennifer Lawrence
  • kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member
    Mila Kunis being the obvious.

Scarlett Johnasson
    Demi Lovato
    Jennifer Lawrence

I used to have the biggest crush on Mila but now every time she speaks I see Meg :(
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Angela Bassett
    Diane Lane
    Sophie Marceau
    Grace Park (from Battlestar Galactica)
    Monica Bellucci

My list is longer, but that will do for now. If there were a time travel machine, I'd try to make a play at any of these women:

Gene Tienery
    Rita Hayworth
    Dorothy Dandridge
    Catherine Deneuve circa The Hunger
  • chaffchaff Posts: 985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lewi26 wrote: »
    Rihanna.

Ild smash her everywhere

Didn't Chris Brown already do that?
  • WanderinWonderWanderinWonder Posts: 3,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GayAtheist wrote: »
    Whilst I think there are theories about humans being mainly bisexual (Kinsey?), I am one of those gold star gays who has never had sex with a woman, nor am I remotely attracted to them in a sexual way. I think those who could be turned would be those in the bisexual spectrum and good luck to them - I'd get more action that way (but alas, no!) :cry:

Yes Kinsey was a pioneer in sex research; he found much evidence of there being a sexual spectrum, rather than simply two discrete categories of sexual orientation.

It's amazing how people can feel so differently, and everyone has their own boundaries. I guess, from my point of view, I can find both the male & female form erotic, so I'm fascinated as to how people can only ever find one version of the human body erotic and never the other. I mean, I totally get having a leaning or a preference (as I do), but to only find one form enticing in any way, it's hard for me to understand.

I guess if you're 100% gay or straight, then you can admire a beautiful person of the gender you're not erotically attracted to (in the same way you can admire a beautiful painting). Basically it's pretty to look at, but you would never want to **** it. :D
  • loveloveXloveloveX Posts: 4,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jennifer Aniston and Georgina Chapman. But the thought of doing lesbian acts doesn't appeal to me, I'd much rather become a man. Does that make sense?
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    loveloveX wrote: »
    Jennifer Aniston and Georgina Chapman. But the thought of doing lesbian acts doesn't appeal to me, I'd much rather become a man. Does that make sense?

Yes, it does.
  • rupert_pupkinrupert_pupkin Posts: 3,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • loveloveXloveloveX Posts: 4,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Takae wrote: »
    Yes, it does.

Ok then :p but that doesn't technically mean I would turn lol. If they would ask or say yes I would follow them around for the rest of their lives, be a personal umbrella holder if they wanted just to be near them always :blush:
  • Jean-FrancoisJean-Francois Posts: 2,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a straight as a die heterosexual male, I can see that men like George Clooney and Brad Pitt are attractive to women, and I can agree that they are good looking, but I think that I'd rather attempt sexual congress with a dead animal than contemplate having any sexual contact with another man.
  • AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    The way I see it, it's entirely possible to be solely attracted to a single gender - I cannot believe I had to utter that sentence, but I think Kinsey's study is quite misinterpreted.

While I do believe there is a spectrum of sexuality, rather than the primitive concept of labels to define it I don't think that automatically means that everybody fits somewhere in the middle of that scale. If sexuality were a numbered line where 0 equated to heterosexual and 100 equated to homosexual (and 50 equated to bisexual) then it is a fair assumption that the majority would still sit at 0. Introducing a spectrum as opposed to a label doesn't mean every heterosexual person has some tiny underlying desire (no matter how tiny) to have a same-sex encounter. There may be people who decide to sit at 25 who are predominantly heterosexual but have slight gay preferences. And vice versa for some who may wish to sit at 75.
    I could go into this deeper, and introduce a second scale that makes this more of a graph...introducing romantic attraction and sexual attraction. It allows for some very accurate plotting but is a lot of thinking that most people probably wouldn't care about here :D

Put simply, labels are outdated but I honestly don't get where people are coming from with the suggestion that we must all be "a little bit bisexual, on some level"... it's that kind of backward thinking that made life hard for gay people whose elders assumed 'there must be a little bit of heterosexual normality in you, on some level'.

On a lighter note, as a bisexual person (or homoflexible if we're going to be pedantic and exact) I'd have to say that Gillian Anderson was the first female celebrity crush I properly had/have that made me seriously question my sexuality. Jennifer Aniston and Fergie also... but mainly Dana Scully :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a straight as a die heterosexual male, I can see that men like George Clooney and Brad Pitt are attractive to women, and I can agree that they are good looking, but I think that I'd rather attempt sexual congress with a dead animal than contemplate having any sexual contact with another man.

George Clooney for me, every time. :D I don't get the appeal of Brad Pitt, but then I'm rarely into blonde, blue-eyed men.

See this is what I find amazing, this rigid boundary. You'd seriously rather have sex with a piece of roadkill than get intimate with the delectable George?

Some people say it's on a biological level, others say it's a mindset (which is why bicuriousity is often referred to as being 'open minded'). So in other words, with a flexible mindset, people can open themselves up to exciting experiences outside of their usual comfort zones and broaden their sexual horizons.
  • Moll FlandersMoll Flanders Posts: 1,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AaronWx wrote: »
    I could be all serious like the people above, but heck I'll just answer for a bit of fun which is what I'm sure the OP intended.

Yes, that's what I intended, thanks for spotting that!

Someone has said, am I bisexual? - no idea, but maybe; fine with me if I am; I don't waste time thinking about it, as I really don't feel any need to pigeon-hole myself. I'm happy, and that's what counts!

I know not everyone will agree with me, but I do believe it is possible to be entirely or almost entirely hetero and still sometimes be bowled over by someone of the same sex who gives off a really charismatic, sensual vibe.

I feel it's similar to having a particular type - eg tall, dark men with brooding personalities, and then falling for someone completely the opposite, ie a short, blond man who isn't brooding at all!

I do agree with the last poster's comment about how fascinating sexuality is, and being open to any new directions into which it might take you.

I'm sort of thinking aloud here, as I don't have all the answers, if any; I just thought it might be a fun thing to discuss - and maybe interesting too, which I feel it has been. So I'm glad I posted it and have been able to read others' opinions on the subject.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think if anyone could answer the OP's question then they probably wouldn't be straight in the first place.

As a straight man I find it very difficult to comprehend how another straight man could possibly answer the question.
  • StratusSphereStratusSphere Posts: 2,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think firstly its just a bit of fun.

Secondly...maybe people in general assume they are only hetero because they never really think on it; but when you do think on it maybe you can see the attractiveness of someone of the same sex.

I don't think its bad or shameful to be bisexual or find different genders attractive. I think a big deal people have with 'same-sex sex' is that it seems weird and scary to think about; some same-sex couples just kiss at touch each other. Anything more is maybe overthinking it and getting scared off! I'm sure OP just meant people of the same-sex that you can see the attractiveness of (or indeed opposite-sex if you are a gay person!)
  • Jean-FrancoisJean-Francois Posts: 2,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    George Clooney for me, every time. :D I don't get the appeal of Brad Pitt, but then I'm rarely into blonde, blue-eyed men.

See this is what I find amazing, this rigid boundary. You'd seriously rather have sex with a piece of roadkill than get intimate with the delectable George?

Some people say it's on a biological level, others say it's a mindset (which is why bicuriousity is often referred to as being 'open minded'). So in other words, with a flexible mindset, people can open themselves up to exciting experiences outside of their usual comfort zones and broaden their sexual horizons.

Actually WW, I used the dead animal analogy in an attempt to accentuate the feeling of nausea that I have at the thought of sexual intimacy with a man, of course I would not "bang" a dead badger, but neither would I contemplate cupping a guy's testicles.
    I don't care how delectable George is, and I've already agreed that I can see what women see in him, intimacy with him, or any man is a cast iron 100% no-no for me.
    A gay couple of my acquaintance have said in the past, "We think he doth protest too much!" but they know in their hearts that I am unshakeable in this.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Colin O'Donoghue who plays Hook in 'Once Upon A Time'. He is a dashing rapscallion.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,290
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't have sex with him, but I'd be up for some smooching with George Clooney.

I'm open minded. No harm in trying something once, right?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't have sex with him, but I'd be up for some smooching with George Clooney.

I'm open minded. No harm in trying something once, right?

You can say that again, it'd be one knee-trembling experience. You're right, no harm in trying - as long as you can handle the possibility that you might like it and might want to repeat your smooching experiment. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, that's what I intended, thanks for spotting that!

Someone has said, am I bisexual? - no idea, but maybe; fine with me if I am; I don't waste time thinking about it, as I really don't feel any need to pigeon-hole myself. I'm happy, and that's what counts!

I know not everyone will agree with me, but I do believe it is possible to be entirely or almost entirely hetero and still sometimes be bowled over by someone of the same sex who gives off a really charismatic, sensual vibe.

I feel it's similar to having a particular type - eg tall, dark men with brooding personalities, and then falling for someone completely the opposite, ie a short, blond man who isn't brooding at all!

I do agree with the last poster's comment about how fascinating sexuality is, and being open to any new directions into which it might take you.

I'm sort of thinking aloud here, as I don't have all the answers, if any; I just thought it might be a fun thing to discuss - and maybe interesting too, which I feel it has been. So I'm glad I posted it and have been able to read others' opinions on the subject.

Thanks for an interesting topic OP. :)

I definitely can see how someone can be almost totally hetero but still go weak at the knees for a special someone of the same sex.

TBH, I wish I could've adopted your laid-back casual stance regarding sexual identity much earlier. It might've helped me to avoid years of anguish over my sexual identity, trying so hard to slap a definitive label on myself (because I felt I had an obligation to explain/justify my sexuality to other people). All that unnecessary worry/stress/pressure could've been avoided.

These days, I realise that I don't need to present a neat, cookie-cutter version of my sexuality to everyone, and that it really is my private business who I like to spend my intimate moments with (unless I'm happy to talk about it of course).

ETA: And in response to Abomination's post, I definitely accept that some people are exclusively gay/straight. I just find the possible reason(s) for that rigidity fascinating. I'm guessing the graph/grid you're referring to is the Klein Sexual Orientation Grid?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually WW, I used the dead animal analogy in an attempt to accentuate the feeling of nausea that I have at the thought of sexual intimacy with a man, of course I would not "bang" a dead badger, but neither would I contemplate cupping a guy's testicles.
    I don't care how delectable George is, and I've already agreed that I can see what women see in him, intimacy with him, or any man is a cast iron 100% no-no for me.
    A gay couple of my acquaintance have said in the past, "We think he doth protest too much!" but they know in their hearts that I am unshakeable in this.

Funnily enough, I had badgers in mind when I typed in 'roadkill'. :D

I agree that some people are genuinely exclusively gay/straight. However, I also think that social conditioning/cultural norms place a huge amount of pressure on people to stay rigidly heterosexual at all times. But whenever that pressure lessens, I think more and more people open themselves up to different experiences that they wouldn't dare to try before.

I've observed how tonnes of men who purport to be straight use certain websites with the intention of hooking up with men. There seems to be a lot of publicly straight (secretly bicurious) men out there. That's all I'm saying. :D

And an inverted version of that pressure often occurs in the gay community, what with some gay/lesbian people having a problem with anyone who isn't 'perfectly' gay and dares to be open to all the sexes/genders.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Natalie Portman. I'd kill to be in a room with that woman. And Jennifer Lawrence could probably laugh me into bed.

Also, have to agree with Abomination's post and the whole sexuality is a spectrum thing. I'd say I'm straight, but if suddenly I developed feelings for a woman, I wouldn't not go through with anything because of gender. Like, I'm not attracted to them right now, but I'm not going to rule out 50% of people in my future.
  • galenagalena Posts: 7,277
    Forum Member
    anne_666 wrote: »
    I think the clue is in the word "straight" :confused:
    Unless the OP believes we are all for turning? I think you are bi-sexual if you feel drawn to women too.

I think most women when asked the question just name someone whom they think is really pretty rather than someone they have erotic fantasies about. Personally I don't really go for pretty girlish men, so I wouldn't find those qualities attractive in a woman either. Straight men usually won't answer it at all!
  • mountymounty Posts: 19,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    galena wrote: »
    Straight men usually won't answer it at all!

yeah I did!

the problem with blokes is they dont have boobs or a fanny

well except for buck angel