3 More Transformers Films. Yay?

RonSwanson92RonSwanson92 Posts: 768
Forum Member
✭✭
Not the most shocking of news it turns out that this fourth transformer film will be the start of a new trilogy. So if you couldn't get enough of a camera man with the shakes filming random alien-robots blowing up shit, and were disappointed with the apparent end of the franchise then I guess Michael Bay is your saviour.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a449507/michael-bay-adds-jack-reynor-to-transformers-4-confirms-new-trilogy.html

Comments

• Super BanditSuper Bandit Posts: 1,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it takes place 4 years after the original trilogy no Ironhide makes me sad :0
  • Fowl FaxFowl Fax Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay if it wasn't Bay.

I would like to have seen a reboot that featured the Transformers in their original form like the animated movie. Bubblebee should be a VW beetle.
  • MoonyMoony Posts: 15,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it takes place 4 years after the original trilogy no Ironhide makes me sad :0

Based on this quote:

"and reason as to why we have a whole new cast"

It sounds like we may not be getting Optimus Prime or Bumblebee either.

Not that it hasn't been done before - most of the key characters in the original Transformers the movie (Hot Rod, Kup, Blur, Ultra Magnus, Springer, Arcee, Galvatron, Scourge etc) were only introduced in that movie.
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moony wrote: »
    Based on this quote:

"and reason as to why we have a whole new cast"

It sounds like we may not be getting Optimus Prime or Bumblebee either.

Not that it hasn't been done before - most of the key characters in the original Transformers the movie (Hot Rod, Kup, Blur, Ultra Magnus, Springer, Arcee, Galvatron, Scourge etc) were only introduced in that movie.

A live action remake of The Movie would be awesome. Without the annoying kid.

Would also like to see a live action Robotech/Macross movie and my inner child will be sated.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When they said "whole new cast", I was assuming they meant "of the human variety".
    Can't really see a new movie without Optimus Prime, even if they go the route of killing him off in the first 10 minutes or something .... (that's not a spoiler or anything, just an educated guess).

I loved the first one. Almost felt like a straightforward "war movie". Of course the others were cr*p .... (although in hindsight, I don't think "Dark of the Moon" was THAT bad...).

Anyway, I wouldn't be adverse to more, especially with LaBoeuf gone, and let's have a leading actress that can actually ... err ... act as oppose to just look good!
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bay deserves a special Oscar for making films about giant alien robots beating each other up so appallingly unwatchable.
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wulfster wrote: »
    let's have a leading actress that can actually ... err ... act as oppose to just look good!

I wouldn't hold your breath. I mean they started with Megan Fox and somehow managed to go downhill from there.
  • Fowl FaxFowl Fax Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The script of the next movie has been leaked.

A female has problems with her car so she opens the bonnet and bends over it in slow motion trying to work out what is wrong with it. Her car breaks down a lot throughout the movie so she has to inspect the engine quite a few times.

A load of giant robots run up and down a highway smashing stuff up for two hours. Lots of black SUVs go flying.

Megatron gets killed, but is he really dead?

The End.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    The really liked the first one, it's an enjoyable popcorn flick, the other 2 gave me a headache. I think i'll give these a miss.