Hold up, Is Katherine Jenkins on 'Dancing With The Stars' USA?

Tree-Of-LifeTree-Of-Life Posts: 1,080
Forum Member
✭✭✭
:eek: Is she actually famous in America then? I had absolutely no idea. #gobsmacked

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 332
    Forum Member
    Did She Not Do A Dance Show With Darcy Bussell Called Viva La Diva
  • SlojoSlojo Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek: Is she actually famous in America then? I had absolutely no idea. #gobsmacked

Don't know if she is famous now in the US but as she is on this show I expect she soon will be as she looks to be a very good dancer

I'm not a great fan of hers but credit where its due :)
  • Tree-Of-LifeTree-Of-Life Posts: 1,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Slojo wrote: »
    Don't know if she is famous now in the US but as she is on this show I expect she soon will be as she looks to be a very good dancer

I'm not a great fan of hers but credit where its due :)

She's from Whay' Alls :D
  • BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder how many times she had been invited to do Strictly.Come Dancing in the UK??
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,193
    Forum Member

Yep & Russell Crowe's wife is doing the Aussie version .
    People are lowering their standards all over the world.
  • rosco2010rosco2010 Posts: 7,501
    Forum Member
    Yup, and she's by far the best on the show, closely followed by Urkel aka Sonic the Hedgehog aka Jaleel White. :p
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's something about her I don't like. I find her quite cold and calculating.
  • j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    There's something about her I don't like. I find her quite cold and calculating.

She's talented, good looking and seems nice...of course people don't like her. People here also don't like it when someone is ambitious for some reason.
  • AJ21AJ21 Posts: 1,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this will be very good for her career, I reckon she will go down well with American viewers
  • HenryBaneHenryBane Posts: 4,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Must be odd to be on the other side, being critiqued rather than being a judge critiquing other celebrities' abilities.

I wonder if she's pals with a BBC producer of DWTS and that's how she's ended up on it?
  • dondfan998dondfan998 Posts: 17,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She sang on the show last year in 'Classical Week' but otherwise she's not really known there. But she's an incredible dancer.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,898
    Forum Member
    Katherine is doing well she can dance
  • nosilauknosilauk Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a way to get a lot of exposure to a US audience - smart move :)
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's also secretely shagging her dancing partner ;) Been mentioned in a quite a few US gossip blogs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's top of the leaderboard both weeks so far with 26/30.
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    MrSuper wrote: »
    She's also secretely shagging her dancing partner ;) Been mentioned in a quite a few US gossip blogs.

The rumors started 12 hours after they met the first time, though.. ;) That would be awfully fast for anyone to get their shag on. :D
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    j4Rose wrote: »
    She's talented, good looking and seems nice...of course people don't like her. People here also don't like it when someone is ambitious for some reason.

Indeed, you've summed up the general feelings of the showbiz forum very well. Apply the same reasoning to Myleene Klass as well :)
  • luvandlifeluvandlife Posts: 570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She really ain't that famous here. I'm confused why she's on the show but she's a really good dancer though! :)
  • d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,452
    Forum Member
    luvandlife wrote: »
    She really ain't that famous here. I'm confused why she's on the show but she's a really good dancer though! :)

Contacts through her latest record company I'd imagine.

They must be desperate to get her publicity as so far she's failed to have any hit records over there at all in the pop chart, in 8 years of trying! If you can't sing your way to success, doing something on TV (anything!) should do the trick. Seems to be how the music industry works these days. :rolleyes:

Unless your name is Adele. :)
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    d'@ve wrote: »
    Contacts through her latest record company I'd imagine.

They must be desperate to get her publicity as so far she's failed to have any hit records over there at all in the pop chart, in 8 years of trying! If you can't sing your way to success, doing something on TV (anything!) should do the trick. Seems to be how the music industry works these days. :rolleyes:

Unless your name is Adele. :)

Yeah, it's a hard industry, and you have to have drive to get successful these days. I see nothing wrong with her taking part in DWS, she is actually good dancer, to get her name more known. Rather have her than Katy Perry's on the charts.
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course Katherine hasn't had success in the POP charts... She is an OPERA singer not a pop star
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,898
    Forum Member
    Apprantly her dance partner has a girlfriend
  • d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,452
    Forum Member
    Of course Katherine hasn't had success in the POP charts... She is an OPERA singer not a pop star
    She's not an Opera singer (like Pavarotti) she's a classical crossover singer, like Charlotte Church, Andrea Bocelli, Sarah Brightman, Josh Groban, Paul Potts, Jackie Evancho, Hayley Westenra (all of whom have had bigger hits concurrently in in the US classical *and* pop chart than Katherine. I don't think she's ever been in the Billboard top 100 and possibly not in the Billboard 200 - the others I mentioned all have been well inside the top 100 over there.

I'm not knocking her, she's done incredibly well in the UK classical and pop charts, I'm just saying it as it is. DWTS should give her a boost for her next album though (or if they re-release her last one).