✭✭

Comments

• Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    LOL. that was funny.
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That is so funny. Still. at least it was Star Wars fans v Doctor Who fans; on here it's just Doctor Who fans v Doctor Who fans. :)
  • Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That is not funny. I have just been severely put off conventions before I've even been to one, and I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking this. :o
  • JethrykJethryk Posts: 1,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/the_force_steps_in_sci_fi_fans_turn_to_the_dark_side_in_clash_at_norwich_star_wars_convention_1_2194235

I wouldn't worry about looks like something out of nothing, built up by a media who loves portraying sci-fi fans as sad losers.

(read the comments)
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So I take it that these were fully grown adults?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha I nearly went to that... Whoops
  • nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member
    So I take it that these were fully grown adults?

There's a photo of the Doctor Who fan concerned on the BBC news page. Definitely an adult.

This is so funny. Norwich is Ting's neck of the woods isn't it? Something in the water? :confused:
  • Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear...

Lucky really that both Stormtroopers and Daleks have really terrible aim, the body count would have been pretty minimal.

:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nebogipfel wrote: »
    There's a photo of the Doctor Who fan concerned on the BBC news page. Definitely an adult.

This is so funny. Norwich is Ting's neck of the woods isn't it? Something in the water? :confused:

I hadn't connected it with Ting! I wonder who the bloke dishing out the "verbal abuse" was.....:D
  • tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bloody nerds. :p
  • DICKENS99DICKENS99 Posts: 2,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heh, I recently read the first of Nev Fountain's Mervyn Stone books, published by Big Finish, all sounds rather like life imitating art imitating life...
  • adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hilarious!
    So a bunch people dressed as stormtroopers shout a little bit at a bunch of people dressed as Daleks!
    No wonder Norwich and Norfolk were recently voted the most crime free area of the UK, if this is the worst that happens...
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    adams66 wrote: »
    Hilarious!
    So a bunch people dressed as stormtroopers shout a little bit at a bunch of people dressed as Daleks!
    No wonder Norwich and Norfolk were recently voted the most crime free area of the UK, if this is the worst that happens...

Strictly speaking the area in question was Broadland which is just north of Norwich

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22278505
  • andy1231andy1231 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    Bit pathetic isn't it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    I don't get it, I love both. I love most things nerdy. Except supernatural, I do get some dirty looks for that.
    Forum Member
    I had one of those Star Wars idiots at my Nebosphere Whovention extravaganza. My star guest signing autographs was a bloke who played a Mummy in Pyramids of Mars. Turns out he was also a Stormtrooper in A New Hope so inadvertently attracted the wrong sort. This fool actually thought it was ok to stand in line holding out a photo of the Death Star for him to sign. Wearing a Skywalker judo outfit.

It's lucky for him I was hampered by my Myrka costume otherwise I'd have had to be restrained. :mad: We tutted and rolled our eyes until he went away.
  • Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    I had one of those Star Wars idiots at my Nebosphere Whovention extravaganza. My star guest signing autographs was a bloke who played a Mummy in Pyramids of Mars. Turns out he was also a Stormtrooper in A New Hope so inadvertently attracted the wrong sort. This fool actually thought it was ok to stand in line holding out a photo of the Death Star for him to sign. Wearing a Skywalker judo outfit.

It's lucky for him I was hampered by my Myrka costume otherwise I'd have had to be restrained. :mad: We tutted and rolled our eyes until he went away.

Who'd you have in the back half of your pantomime horse... er, Myrka costume? :D
    Forum Member
    Who'd you have in the back half of your pantomime horse... er, Myrka costume? :D

I was the back end :( Granny McSmith did the steering. Luckily she's the spitting image of Arwen from Lord of the Rings so not too bad a deal. Pity about the pickled onion diet though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was the back end :( Granny McSmith did the steering. Luckily she's the spitting image of Arwen from Lord of the Rings so not too bad a deal. Pity about the pickled onion diet though.

That was a day and a half. I tried to get off with the bloke dressed as Alpha Centauri, but he was more interested in nebo, sadly.

I ended up with a bloke who'd wandered in thinking it was a Lord of the Rings convention, who was quite taken with my similarity to Arwen Evenstar and didn't mind the pickled onions. I think he'd been on the pipeweed. It didn't last, though. When he took off his Legolas outfit he turned out to resemble an orc rather than Legolas.

Still, during the scuffles with the Star Wars lot I managed to trip up the Princess Leia lookalike, so it wasn't an entirely wasted day.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "I like Doctor Who...

I like Star Wars...

But which is better? Only one way to find out..."
    Forum Member
    That was a day and a half. I tried to get off with the bloke dressed as Alpha Centauri, but he was more interested in nebo, sadly.

I ended up with a bloke who'd wandered in thinking it was a Lord of the Rings convention, who was quite taken with my similarity to Arwen Evenstar and didn't mind the pickled onions. I think he'd been on the pipeweed. It didn't last, though. When he took off his Legolas outfit he turned out to resemble an orc rather than Legolas.

Still, during the scuffles with the Star Wars lot I managed to trip up the Princess Leia lookalike, so it wasn't an entirely wasted day.

and I spent the day in the back end of a pantomime undersea beast hopng the Arwen babe was into bedraggled, filthy, bearded tramp like Wizard looking blokes. Luckily the punch up between the Han Solos and the Fifth Doctor crew covered my heaving sobs after "Legolas" turned up. :sob:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    and I spent the day in the back end of a pantomime undersea beast hopng the Arwen babe was into bedraggled, filthy, bearded tramp like Wizard looking blokes. Luckily the punch up between the Han Solos and the Fifth Doctor crew covered my heaving sobs after "Legolas" turned up. :sob:

Oh, sorry. I thought the sobs were the result of the pickled onion diet, not unrequited passion.:o:o

Fond as I am of filthy Wizards I am really looking for someone with six arms and one eye. If you see someone like that, please let me know. :D
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why did I picture a bunch of Sheldon Coopers when reading that story? :o
    Forum Member
    Oh, sorry. I thought the sobs were the result of the pickled onion diet, not unrequited passion.:o:o

Fond as I am of filthy Wizards I am really looking for someone with six arms and one eye. If you see someone like that, please let me know. :D

Well it turned out he had two arms and two eyes. What a fraud! The Vervoid I chatted up was no more honest. Cabagge-creature my arse! I'm happy to report the Drahvin was indeed female as one would expect. And did, in line with canon, express a desire to see me dead.
  • November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    I hope the Doctor Who fans concerned put up a better fight than the Cybermen did against the Daleks. ;)

Joking aside it's pathetic on both parts really.