Amelia Lily's album pushed back (again)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,240
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have just seen on iTunes that Amelia Lily's album has been taken down for pre-order and Amazon now list no release date. (It was originally scheduled for May 20th, then July 29th in case people didn't know)

This goes to show that Xenomania are absolutely useless as a record label.

I feel quite sorry for Amelia as I was quite looking forward to hearing the album and it has probably been shelved all together now :mad:

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The link to pre-order it from her twitter feed now leads to nothing as well, just options to buy the singles.

I can only assume the pre-orders have bee dismal, looks like its definatly been canned.

- tim
  • jonloch1jonloch1 Posts: 3,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    to be honest though, I have felt really disappointed with all of Amelia's 3 singles. 'You Bring Me Joy' is the most predictable [as in sounds the same from start to finish] and boring song, 'shut up' I liked for like 3days then got bored. and 'party over' sounded like YBMJ and SU mashed into one song. when she was on x factor I thought she had really good potential and thought she could be a mix between Kelly clarkson and pink but the songs she has release so far has been boring. I honestly think her album will flop big time
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I honestly think her album will flop big time

Well, sale figures of 0 accross the board are pretty comprehensive.

- tim
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was also initially meant to be released on my birthday - April 29. I'm starting to wonder if this will ever even see the light of day. I think Amelia had all the potential in the world, but I fear she's already missed the boat, unless she manages to pull an amazing track out of the hat.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    they messed up her career tbh, they gave her awful songs.
    this album may not see the light tbh.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is exactly the same treatment that Melanie Amaro received! (Except Melanie was a winner, so it was extremely bizarre in her case. Amelia at least got a few singles, which is more than a lot of other third placers can say).

Although, Amelia dud chart with some of her singles, unlike Melanie..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    doesn`t she have a new single out soon? or has that been cancelled too?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    Bjkaave wrote: »
    This is exactly the same treatment that Melanie Amaro received! (Except Melanie was a winner, so it was extremely bizarre in her case. Amelia at least got a few singles, which is more than a lot of other third placers can say).

Although, Amelia dud chart with some of her singles, unlike Melanie..

none from US XFactor ever charted on the Hot 100 :RIP:
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    The album should have been released after Shut Up and then we could've have inspired her to pick a different song instead of Party Over for the third single.

Can't they just write a rock pop song instead of a dance one for her...
  • iamstrongiamstrong Posts: 867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fans are receiving refunds for their album pre-orders. It's apparently been shelved. My condolences to Amelia's career. :cry:
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iamstrong wrote: »
    Fans are receiving refunds for their album pre-orders. It's apparently been shelved. My condolences to Amelia's career. :cry:

Is that definitely true? That's really awful, poor Amelia. Horrible management of her career all round, especially after such a promising start.
  • ::Adam::::Adam:: Posts: 7,223
    Forum Member
    That's such a shame - She peformed at Chester Rocks on Sunday and said about her album being out July - shes a great singer live too
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    iamstrong wrote: »

Awh no :( I remember when this happened to Mini Viva :cry: I hope she's just moving labels and music direction...(and i hope her album leaks since we'll never hear it any other way...)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Xenomania really are a pathetic record label. They've done this to several acts, leading people on then at the last minute, shelving the album.

Let's see how they keep their bread & butter now that Girls Aloud have split. I hope they have to shut down the label side of things.
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    She'd be we'll advised to do Eurovision next year.

Huge audience figures and she could work with Xenomania- who the BBC have been trying go get recently.
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    I'm so sad to hear this. She really is one of my favourite ex x-factor contestant.:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    since when was Xenomania a label? they`re the producers aren`t they? or is that Fascination?

maybe if they produced better for her she`d have sold more don`t just blame the label side

she never really had her own musical direction / style. was all over the place was a complete mess
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The sooner that she has chance to go her own way the better she will be.
  • Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gary Barlow did predict this, he always talked about her identity on the show
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Huge audience figures and she could work with Xenomania- who the BBC have been trying go get recently.
    Xenomania have produced every song she's released and she is (or was) signed to their record label.
    Zone_Out wrote: »
    since when was Xenomania a label? they`re the producers aren`t they? or is that Fascination?

maybe if they produced better for her she`d have sold more don`t just blame the label side
    Xenomania are producers but they opened their own label in 2008.
  • GlassBalloonGlassBalloon Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Xenomania really are a pathetic record label. They've done this to several acts, leading people on then at the last minute, shelving the album.

Let's see how they keep their bread & butter now that Girls Aloud have split. I hope they have to shut down the label side of things.

I absolutely adore Xenomania and have done for about ten years, I really think no one makes better pop than Xenomania. But as a record label, I really have to agree with this. I don't think they have had any successes on that front.

I am so, so disappointed with this news.
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not good news but I do think she will resurface doing the stuff she wants
  • SpencerLeveySpencerLevey Posts: 1,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I knew this would happen. She has sadly met the fame fate as Mini Viva. I.e she has been dropped like a brick.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She'd be we'll advised to do Eurovision next year.

Another in a procession of acts to come bottom, or near to bottom. Cant see it doing anything as the winners single didn't do much, let alone the UK entry ...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The album is still up on Aussie iTunes, I suspect that to change soon.