EE where is this lexi storyline going?

Comments

• monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,844
    Forum Member
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    I don't wish to pry but have Social Services previously deemed your cousin to be an unfit mother - that's the crucial thing here. Them deciding that phil is unfit or has been manipulating Lola does not mean that lola will get Lexi back. If anything they are liable to think that phil is a nightmare as well, will be of no support to lola in Lexi's upbringing and that the baby is better off away from all the Mitchells.

With Roxy and jack it was that simple - him or her. That's not the situation with Lexi.

I've got last weeks. I'll look at it tomorrow but I've read it and don't recall anything about a hearing. If I don't get to sleep soon I'll go down and get it.
    Thats not what happened. My cousin asked the grandparents to babysit the child and the grandparents took advantage of it and tried to take the child of my cousin. Socials had nothing to do with it untill now everyone is backing my cousin im just repeating what my mum is saying on the phone haha (my cousin also has a daughter so she has a stronger case ) i did say it was a similar situation its not exactly the same but still too similar to freak me out lol

I think it is. If socials see that phil has been manipulating lola to take lexi off her then they will side with the mother. If it wasnt phil vs lola then why is lola so worried she wont get to see lexi also phil has been very agressive towards lola etc

Lola will get lexi back. Lorraine has confirmed that. Phil will lose lexi theres no way phil will get her
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,172
    Forum Member
    I still don't think that SS deciding that phil is unfit automatically means that they will side with the mother. They could just as easily decide that neither of them get her.

I think Social Services having taken Lexi away in the first place is really important to this plot - it is not just a case of a family custody case as it was with jack and roxy over Amy. Has Lorraine confirmed that lola will get lexi back as I hadn't seen that quote.

I hope everything works out for your cousin.
    Forum Member
    I still don't think that SS deciding that phil is unfit automatically means that they will side with the mother. They could just as easily decide that neither of them get her.

I think Social Services having taken Lexi away in the first place is really important to this plot - it is not just a case of a family custody case as it was with jack and roxy over Amy. Has Lorraine confirmed that lola will get lexi back as I hadn't seen that quote.

I hope everything works out for your cousin.

Yes she did in both interviews i think she jokingly said would we ever forgive her if she didnt. Its obvious phil will lose lexi either way.do you honestly think he should get to keep her and bring her up. He is acting like lexi is his baby. Its unheathy

Sure it will shes got a good case :)
    Forum Member
    . Also watch out for Lola stepping up her attempts to win back custody of her baby daughter Lexi - but how far will Phil go as he stands in her way?
    if thats not phil vs lola i dont know what is.
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if thats not phil vs lola i dont know what is.

Noone is denying that Lola gets Lexi back, however it won't happen by Phil being deemed an unfit guardian, it just doesn't work like that.
  • The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    would any court give Phil Mitchell custody of a child with his record?!!

The cops must have a whole warehouse of paperwork on him for past crimes! PLus Louise is living with her mum and Ben's in jail

I can't take the story seriously.
    Forum Member
    J-B wrote: »
    Noone is denying that Lola gets Lexi back, however it won't happen by Phil being deemed an unfit guardian, it just doesn't work like that.

How will it happen then? Wont courts see that lola is more suitable and that phil is in an unhealthy place with lexi?
  • ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,363
    Forum Member
    How will it happen then? Wont courts see that lola is more suitable and that phil is in an unhealthy place with lexi?

I agree with the other posters that if LexI is taken off Phil (for any reason other than Lola getting her back), then she will not necessarily automatically go back to Lola.

Lola has not done anything to really prove herself to them, the whole premise of Lexi being taken off her mum was that Lola got into a fight and she used a towel as a makeshift nappy! not really sure how she can fight that tbh. she has got the job at bootys so that will count in her favour.

They will only know about "daddy Phil" and his weird obsession, (why did nt he say Grandad Phil- creepy), if someone tells them or they turn up at the house and Phil starts acting strange with her, maybe that could be where Shirley comes in as she could see the creepiness and tip the SS off, but Lola still might not get her.... :mad:
    Forum Member
    but lorraine said lola will get lexi back :confused:
    Forum Member
    but lorraine said lola will get lexi back :confused:

She didn't say when though.

I think in time Social Services will review the decision and see that Lola will now be able to cope better, perhaps with Phil being part of the care programme as Lexi's grandfather but it's not going to be instant and as I and others keep saying, it won't be as simple as 'Oh Mr Mitchell, you are being a little controlling so although we deemed Miss Pearce unfit she's obviously better than you. We no longer care about towels for nappies, the cleanliness of her habitat and the fact that she is a gobby chav who gets into fights and steal things, she's obviously the better of 2 evils' Faced with 2 evils, ie they are both unfit, they'd keep the child from both.

The way to get Lexi back is to prove that Lola is a fit mother - jump through all of Social Services hoops, not prove Phil isn't fit as it is not an either or. The only time that might change was if SS gave Lexi back to Lola and Phil launched a private custody battle as Jack did against Roxy last year. Then it becomes Phil vs Lola.
    Forum Member
    well that will drag on for months id rather lola got lexi back asap. surely the earlier lola gets lexi back then the quicker phil can move on and get with sharon if thats the route theyre going down!
  • AngelicPrincessAngelicPrincess Posts: 7,434
    Forum Member
    I agree with the other posters that if LexI is taken off Phil (for any reason other than Lola getting her back), then she will not necessarily automatically go back to Lola.

Lola has not done anything to really prove herself to them, the whole premise of Lexi being taken off her mum was that Lola got into a fight and she used a towel as a makeshift nappy! not really sure how she can fight that tbh. she has got the job at bootys so that will count in her favour.

They will only know about "daddy Phil" and his weird obsession, (why did nt he say Grandad Phil- creepy), if someone tells them or they turn up at the house and Phil starts acting strange with her, maybe that could be where Shirley comes in as she could see the creepiness and tip the SS off, but Lola still might not get her.... :mad:

Shirley already has a surefire way to get Lexi back to Lola she chooses not to use it end of.
    Forum Member
    I think they will drag it out for months. Realistically that is what would happen. Anyway, his having custody of Lexi makes no difference to his having romantic storylines - if anything I'd say his having Lexi improves his chances with Sharon.

I can see Lola getting together with someone nice, Dexter maybe, setting up a stable home, having a permenant job and that being what makes SS see her in a new light.
    Forum Member
    I think they will drag it out for months. Realistically that is what would happen. Anyway, his having custody of Lexi makes no difference to his having romantic storylines - if anything I'd say his having Lexi improves his chances with Sharon.

I can see Lola getting together with someone nice, Dexter maybe, setting up a stable home, having a permenant job and that being what makes SS see her in a new light.

not really. as i said my cousin is getting hers sorted this week. you can get quick courts to get it done quicker if the people feel the main persons who have custody are causing harm to the baby. im sure they would work a way around it

unless they do something else interesting it will be one of the worst s/ls this year and its already being dragged out crap that noone cares about

phil having the family life with lexi is not something that sharon wanted. its why she turned him down. would be pretty pointless love triangle for her just to go with phil in the end when he is offering her the same things he did on nyd
  • ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,363
    Forum Member
    not really. as i said my cousin is getting hers sorted this week. you can get quick courts to get it done quicker if the people feel the main persons who have custody are causing harm to the baby. im sure they would work a way around it

unless they do something else interesting it will be one of the worst s/ls this year and its already being dragged out crap that noone cares about

phil having the family life with lexi is not something that sharon wanted. its why she turned him down. would be pretty pointless love triangle for her just to go with phil in the end when he is offering her the same things he did on nyd

I thought she turned him down cos she does nt fancy him any more?

I think Phil is heading for some sort of meltdown, brought on by months of stress about Ben and everything that has happened in the last year, we are already seeing signs of delusion in his obsession with Lexi, the proposal to Sharon (hmmm youngish,fit Jack or old tomato face, decisions decisions), and still thinking he is king of the square.

I think he will end up on a roof somewhere holding Lexi and saying "no, you can't take her, she's mine" before being overpowered and taken to spend his Panto time in "the nut home".
    Forum Member
    I thought she turned him down cos she does nt fancy him any more?

I think Phil is heading for some sort of meltdown, brought on by months of stress about Ben and everything that has happened in the last year, we are already seeing signs of delusion in his obsession with Lexi, the proposal to Sharon (hmmm youngish,fit Jack or old tomato face, decisions decisions), and still thinking he is king of the square.

I think he will end up on a roof somewhere holding Lexi and saying "no, you can't take her, she's mine" before being overpowered and taken to spend his Panto time in "the nut home".
    I agree which is why i want it to happen sooner rather than later as it would make the s/l more exciting lol

I dont think its for panto leave though hed have already been on it but then adam woodyatt said panto was for 8 weeks so :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 352
    Forum Member
    Bens gonna get parole in 2014 and theres gonna be a massive father vs son vs mother war or something like that, until then its going to draaag :(
    Forum Member
    Bens gonna get parole in 2014 and theres gonna be a massive father vs son vs mother war or something like that, until then its going to draaag :(

Yeah i want ben out then and hopefully shirley is still around!
    Forum Member
    Yes they can take a baby in very quickly if they feel they are in danger as they did with Lexi last Autumn but once they are in the Social Service system, things move slowly. Remember lola told it would be a minimum of 8 weeks before she could state her case then. Then a 3 month review from phil being given temporary residency in December. That is not a finale hearing, it is a review. Children stay in foster care whilst their partents are monitored for years sometimes.

A privarte custody case between family members where Social services haven't made the child a ward of the state is very different and can be resolved much quicker.
    Forum Member
    Yes they can take a baby in very quickly if they feel they are in danger as they did with Lexi last Autumn but once they are in the Social Service system, things move slowly. Remember lola told it would be a minimum of 8 weeks before she could state her case then. Then a 3 month review from phil being given temporary residency in December. That is not a finale hearing, it is a review. Children stay in foster care whilst their partents are monitored for years sometimes.

A privarte custody case between family members where Social services haven't made the child a ward of the state is very different and can be resolved much quicker.

yeah thats what i mean

lola could still get lexi back in the next hearing
    Forum Member
    phils back in week 7 (week beginning 11th feb) shirleys in that week too :D
    Forum Member
    phil, sharon and billy were filming on location today. i think something to do with lola/lexi but im hoping it doesnt mean lola has kidnapped lexi? i think that would be a let down IMO or perhaps lola kidnaps her first, brings her back and then phil does

by the sounds of it phil and sharon arent together filming wise.

i also think its possibly these will air around the same week as heathers anniversary... as i remember this time last year looking on the webcam and they were filming heathers death
    Forum Member
    Think its obvious now he used ben, lexi, lola, billy, jack and shirl for emotional blackmail on sharon for the last 6 months disgusting :(
  • AngelicPrincessAngelicPrincess Posts: 7,434
    Forum Member
    I do like it when a poster claims to be in the know more than magazines and insisted Phil and Sharon werent together when they filmed this. Maybe social media and soap magazines are not the great sources we thought they were. I did say at the time Spring would be good.
    Forum Member
    Daddy phil seemed to be a way of scaring lola shirl was right all along