Useless YouTube app HDR-1000S

Skylover4lifeSkylover4life Posts: 1,310
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone else find that the YouTube app is useless? I know someone has confirmed the bug where when it plays a video the text "Loading..." remains on top flashing away.

However I've noticed it become increasingly unreliable lately, where it will display

"Playback Error.
This video format is not supported."

Or it will just display a black screen with the text "Loading...".

If I use the app on my PS3 or laptop they play fine. Went to play a trailer to show a family member and I tried 4 different uploads and non played at all, making me have to dig out this laptop.

BTW I have a 100Mb connection with Virgin Media and other devices have zero issues with YouTube.

Comments

• -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Its a problem at YouTubes end, which they're apparently investigating according to Freesat.
  • FaustFaust Posts: 8,985
    Forum Member
    Yep packed up altogether on mine too now. The constant loading icon was bad enough but now it's just a black screen with the loading message displayed.
    Forum Member
    There's now an on screen message that appears when you open the app warning of a problem with youtube that may cause disruption and they're working to ressolve the issue.
    Forum Member
    YouTube, FreeSat, Humax or all three aren't exactly busting a gut to get the app working again.
  • youddiphyouddiph Posts: 956
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Faust wrote: »
    YouTube, FreeSat, Humax or all three aren't exactly busting a gut to get the app working again.

I am now experiencing issues when using the app. if the box records, the box is unable to exit YouTube. only a power cycle can shift it. 2580 on the remote doesn't shift it.
  • REPASSACREPASSAC Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    youddiph wrote: »
    I am now experiencing issues when using the app. if the box records, the box is unable to exit YouTube. only a power cycle can shift it. 2580 on the remote doesn't shift it.
    Does that standby button not work? It is usually still active and avoids possible disk errors a power cycle can bring when writing to disk, which it is normally doing when recording or watching a channel..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    REPASSAC wrote: »
    Does that standby button not work? It is usually still active and avoids possible disk errors a power cycle can bring when writing to disk, which it is normally doing when recording or watching a channel..

Guess what, I did try that. So you tell me when the box freezes what do you do?
    Forum Member

Did you wait for the recording to finish first, before pulling the plug?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    Did you wait for the recording to finish first, before pulling the plug?

yes of course!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the few times I have had such a problem standby and volume remained functional.

Several power cuts however caused the recording buffer file to be corrupt with the consequence of no live pause etc. A format will be necessary to correct when I get around to it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well in the situation you describe, I would first try a network cable disconnect to see if it picks up the connection going down.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well in the situation you describe, I would first try a network cable disconnect to see if it picks up the connection going down.

What does that have to do with an app that has crashed. The network cables are fine, new and no network issues.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What does that have to do with an app that has crashed. The network cables are fine, new and no network issues.
    Easy one: Youtube requires the connection, removing it and the loss should be detected by the hardware, the running application should receive an error from the OS which, if you are lucky, would cause it to exit.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have been looking for the special U Tube app to control it on freesat.
    A search in my iPhone App Store yields nothing.

What is it called, please.

David
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SWIZZ? wrote: »

David

The usual YouTube app
    Forum Member

David

As already said above, just the YouTube app that's already available.
    Open YouTube settings on iPhone and select Connected TV's and then pair with the Hummy by adding the code the Hummy YouTube app gives you.
    Forum Member
    I notice despite the YouTube may not work warning on the 1000s videos are now playing again. However, absolutely no improvement noted with the constant loading icon. I can't help but come to the conclusion Freesat/Humax have given up on offering even a modicum of service to their customers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Open YouTube settings on iPhone and select Connected TV's and then pair with the Hummy by adding the code the Hummy YouTube app gives you.

Thanks GONZO & youddiph.
  • Skylover4lifeSkylover4life Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They really are taking their time to fix this app! It was great in that brief period when it worked, when it works like the PS3 app I'll be happy!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I selected "connected TV""
    It brought up a screen on the iPhonethat said
    1 -- go to theYouTube app on your TV or game console.

There seems to be no such app on TV or Humax freesat HDR.

DAVID
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I selected "connected TV""
    It brought up a screen on the iPhonethat said
    1 -- go to theYouTube app on your TV or game console.

There seems to be no such app on TV or Humax freesat HDR.

DAVID

Now I see this thread is about the hdr 1000s not the old hdr
    Forum Member
    They really are taking their time to fix this app! It was great in that brief period when it worked, when it works like the PS3 app I'll be happy!

It is back and working again. However, the constant loading icon centre screen is still there. This really is poor CS.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Faust wrote: »
    It is back and working again. However, the constant loading icon centre screen is still there. This really is poor CS.

really they said they are working on it and new sw is imminent
    Forum Member
    really they said they are working on it and new sw is imminent

Theres a certain amount that YouTube can do remotely to make the app work. Anything beyond that will require a software update to ressolve other remaining issues.