When does the winner find out they have won?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,008
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I noticed that the last weeks episode was filmed a little after August 2007 (from the university letter). I've also heard, from these forums, that SAS has the contestants work for him for a few months on the one hour final.

So if that is the case when did the apprentice find out they won? 6 months ago, 1 week ago?

The timeline is hard, does anyone know it?

Comments

• linfranlinfran Posts: 5,607
    Forum Member
    I don't think going by the date on the letter is an accurate way of knowing when last week's episode was filmed. I believe most of the tasks were carried out during last autumn so the intervieweing would not have been in August.

They could have checked with the university at any time as to Lee's dates.

But in ansewer to your question, I don't know.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have no idea where I got this idea from, but it dates back to the Badger/Michelle days...

I thought that they don't find out until the day the final is broadcast - Alan takes them out for lunch or some such and tells them which one won ready for the evening show.

Like I say I don't know where i heard it, but it makes sence that it happens like that considering in 4 years of the show the absolute winner has never been spoiled. The final 2 yes, but not the actual winner.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 430
    Forum Member
    And apparently they film alternate endings with each the winner and that way they keep it secret till the final is broadcast.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    I had heard they filmed alternative endings too - but how do they manage to get the winners emotional reactions to the news etc : is it just acting on the part of the candidates? Taking them out to lunch as suggested above is more humane though than the scenario I'd imagined, where Sir Alan tells one candidate they have won, gets the reaction, and then says, oh no, only joking, it's the other one, and gets theirs...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    I don't believe alternative endings.

They don't get paid if they go out and tell people. and they are professional enough not to bother screwing over SAS, or else no-one would employ them
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The week Myleene was the 'prize' for the winners was filmed in November, so last weeks was no way filmed in August 2007.
  • bookergbookerg Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    GerriP wrote: »
    I thought that they don't find out until the day the final is broadcast
    I'm not sure if it's the very last day.....

I know that the "You're Fired!" show is filmed the day before it's aired (Tuesday), but not sure about the "You're Hired!" show. Obviously they would need to be told in time for the filming of the latter......
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 430
    Forum Member
    cole09mcfc wrote: »
    I don't believe alternative endings.

They don't get paid if they go out and tell people. and they are professional enough not to bother screwing over SAS, or else no-one would employ them

Not so sure the 3 runners up would have the same motivation not to blab as the winner.
  • DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    artgirl73 wrote: »
    .... where Sir Alan tells one candidate they have won, gets the reaction, and then says, oh no, only joking, it's the other one, and gets theirs...

quality - i think he should do that for real next week!
  • sHAYneWARDsHAYneWARD Posts: 2,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not so sure the 3 runners up would have the same motivation not to blab as the winner.

They do if the want to remain employable.
  • couscouscouscous Posts: 1,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Claire has been spotted in Marbella on holiday 2 wweeks ago and that was before we knew that she was in the final. I would say that it has all been done and dusted a few weeks ago although i did start a thread on here a while ago saying i never knew how it wasn't leaked. I mean the camera men etc - they do easily do a leak and the papers would keep their identity secret