Options

Prisoner Cell Block H

Comments

• Options
    zooooooooooooozooooooooooooo Posts: 2,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RetroSpecs wrote: »
    I'm with you completely on both of the above. The Freak is great when she's unintentionally funny and that is an epic line.

Same for seeing a flash of compassion from Lou. She makes the joke about a 'psycho ceramic' and then awkwardly looks as though she's going to try and comfort Daph. (I'm a little behind you but that's two scenes that stick in my mind from my last viewing.....about 15 years ago.)

Good memory:D. Yeah it had probably been about that long since I last saw it, but I remembered this was a great episode and they keep getting better up until the classic 600th one.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,138
    Forum Member
    HELP!!!

I'm on the episode where Maxine has escaped and met up with 'Tinkerbell'......who looks uncannily like Monnie!!!:eek:

Is it Monnie? I don't remember her coming back. :confused::confused:
  • Options
    will2510will2510 Posts: 1,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lil lexie wrote: »
    HELP!!!

I'm on the episode where Maxine has escaped and met up with 'Tinkerbell'......who looks uncannily like Monnie!!!:eek:

Is it Monnie? I don't remember her coming back. :confused::confused:

It IS Monnie, yes :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    will2510 wrote: »

ah, ok thanks. thought it was her but like I say, don't remember her coming back but sure glad she did as I quite liked Monnie.
  • Options
    RetroSpecsRetroSpecs Posts: 200
    Forum Member

Most other series and you could be happy that if it's the same actor it'll be the same character....Not Prisoner....Oh look it's Ted Douglas, I mean Pixie's dad....Mum's daughter, I mean Reb's mother... and so on :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most other series and you could be happy that if it's the same actor it'll be the same character....Not Prisoner....Oh look it's Ted Douglas, I mean Pixie's dad....Mum's daughter, I mean Reb's mother... and so on :)

To be fair Prisoner is hardly the only tv show that recycles actors.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm not saying it is... it just has a fairly fast turnover rate :)

Part of the charm.
  • Options
    Forum Member

so it's not Monnie?:confused::mad:

Why couldn't it have been Monnie? Why do they have to go and ruin everything by turning a memorable character someone else. :mad:
  • Options
    will2510will2510 Posts: 1,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^ Lil Lexie. It IS Monnie definitely.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    yay!! Maxine's dead. Now I'm praying for Wally to drop dead with Lassa fever.:D
  • Options
    Paul1511Paul1511 Posts: 11,581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^ Lil Lexie. It IS Monnie definitely.

Can't tell if this is serious or tongue in cheek.

For clarity, it's the same actress that played Monnie (Lesley Baker). She also played Angie Rebechi in Neighbours.

However the character that is involved with Maxine is not Monica Ferguson, it is Belle Peters (known as Tinkerbelle)
  • Options
    robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why couldn't it have been Monnie? Why do they have to go and ruin everything by turning a memorable character someone else. :mad:

in fairness the roles were quite far apart from each other in the series
    It also never made me mad?..it didnt ruin anything
  • Options
    Forum Member
    in fairness the roles were quite far apart from each other in the series
    It also never made me mad?..it didnt ruin anything

it ruined everything in the sense they missed an opportunity to expand on what was a leading character's story line and I'm a little baffled as to why they had to change the character. Last time we saw Monnie she was leaving Wentworth and pledged to stay on the straight and narrow, it would have given so much more depth to the character and the story to discover that things didn't quite go to plan and that she was now living rough and had returned to a life of crime.

Seeing Belle Peters in a frumpy frock at the end of the story - that WAS Monnie. I liked to believe that she was just going under a pseudonym, though reading too much into Prisoner is something of a futile task.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also think it would have been good if they had carried on the phantom lagger storyline a bit longer before we found out who it was.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've finally managed to get through a scene with Pippa Reynolds where she doesn't offer to make someone a drink. There was a heck of a lot of boozing going on at the Reynolds place when Pip was there.

Rita's arrived and I'm looking forward to her calming down a bit; I'd forgotten just how OTT she was in her first couple of episodes.
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    I've finally managed to get through a scene with Pippa Reynolds where she doesn't offer to make someone a drink. There was a heck of a lot of boozing going on at the Reynolds place when Pip was there.

Rita's arrived and I'm looking forward to her calming down a bit; I'd forgotten just how OTT she was in her first couple of episodes.

Conquerors!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lexie on Nora's disappearance...'I'm not going to lose any sleep about it.'

Probably the best thing she's said so far. What a lame ass way for a top dog to leave. Did they exhaust all their 'pulling stories out of the ether' to get rid of May, Willie and Daphne. They just couldn't be bothered to write Nora a farewell scene and hoped we wouldn't notice!

I do remember what happens, but that has to be the lamest sign off ever.

But liking the way that sound actually travels in these last few eps. Reb can be heard protesting after she's been sent to solitary, Rita protesting as she's hauled in the same direction later.... and of course the chants of killer over the top of the credits in one ep.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know the background character Ronnie? The one who kind of reminds me of Lurch but obviously not as tall lol - what is her surname? Pretty sure she has been called Corbett ( lolol) and Kennedy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know the background character Ronnie? The one who kind of reminds me of Lurch but obviously not as tall lol - what is her surname? Pretty sure she has been called Corbett ( lolol) and Kennedy.

She's usually called Kennedy but I'm not suprised if she has had a different surname in the past:D
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Currently up to episode 567 on my rewatch.

Willie grates on me so much. I can ust about take May, Nora is a wet fish. I believe the actress was told she was to leave and just decided not to return at all?? I think that was the story?? maybe someone can correct me.

Julie and Daphne were the best of the Barnhirst Five I think. Its no wonder they got axed as soon as they all came.

Prisoner is really not the same for me anymore now. You can tell we are entering the final phase.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nora is a wet fish. I believe the actress was told she was to leave and just decided not to return at all?? I think that was the story?? maybe someone can correct me.

thats the first time i have ever heard that tbh. If it is true it would explain her bizarre exit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When Judy, Bobbie, Pixie, Myra and Marlene all left, added to the off screen demise of Be a Smith, I think adding five new randomers was too much at once. That's prob why it felt so different. Then no longer had they arrived than they left and a whole new bunch of people entered. We were left with Lexie as the stalwart - oh and Alice but actually I loved Alice - I think they should have used this opportunity to bring some of the backgrounders to the fore, like Lorna, Tina, Jacko, Ronnie or Jenny, even Ros and made them into main characters. They'd all been there for years and were a direct link to the old gang, I mean especially Tina and Lorna, they'd seen it all right from Lynn and Frankie fighting in the flower beds to the Great Fire itself.

Can you imagine it, Jacko and Ronnie fighting it out for top dog status before Lorna starts the next big Wentworth riot - cue Tina Murray wailing like a banshee:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    When Judy, Bobbie, Pixie, Myra and Marlene all left, added to the off screen demise of Be a Smith, I think adding five new randomers was too much at once. That's prob why it felt so different. Then no longer had they arrived than they left and a whole new bunch of people entered. We were left with Lexie as the stalwart - oh and Alice but actually I loved Alice - I think they should have used this opportunity to bring some of the backgrounders to the fore, like Lorna, Tina, Jacko, Ronnie or Jenny, even Ros and made them into main characters. They'd all been there for years and were a direct link to the old gang, I mean especially Tina and Lorna, they'd seen it all right from Lynn and Frankie fighting in the flower beds to the Great Fire itself.

Can you imagine it, Jacko and Ronnie fighting it out for top dog status before Lorna starts the next big Wentworth riot - cue Tina Murray wailing like a banshee:)

has Tina ever actually spoke, I've seen her move her mouth and pretend to talk but never heard her voice. I wonder what she sounds like? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    has Tina ever actually spoke, I've seen her move her mouth and pretend to talk but never heard her voice. I wonder what she sounds like? :confused:

Yep she does, in a scene with Ronnie actually believe it or not, around the 600 Mark I think it is. She did not sound how I had expected her too. There's a clip of tina montages on YouTube, you should look it up lol:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah I think it's episode 593 when they are in the kitchen and accuse Lexie of being the lagger.