Samsung Smart TV Down..?

My samsung smart tv hub doesn't seem to be working. I can log in but all my apps have disappeared and I can't open the Samsung Apps store. I've reset all my settings but the problem still remains. There's a message in the corner saying 'connecting'.

Could somebody with a smart tv please try and see if they are able to use theirs?

Many thanks

Comments

• es6300es6300 Posts: 298
    Forum Member
    Yep, I too had problems, and done a smart hub reset..... just going it give it a few days.

Strange that smart Hub on bluray is working fine.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ive got a brand new 8 series Samsung and just tried it for you, i can see all my apps but when i select one it just says "connecting" and nothing happens, even though the TV confirms its connected to the net.
  • Steve_WhelanSteve_Whelan Posts: 1,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same here update deleted most of my app then when I try to connect to app store it hangs for ages then gives network disruption error message.

Update.
    Just had a browse around some of the tech forums seems to be a world wide outage, and as usual Samsung are not responding.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Theres an updated version of the smart hub on 2013 tvs (which those who can fit the Smart Evoultion when released will be able to get), i wonder if its an update or work on that system thats causing it?
    Forum Member
    Still having problems - sent email to Samsung, so hopefully will soon find out what the problem is.
  • s2ks2k Posts: 7,410
    Forum Member
    Noticed it was playing up this morning, about 2/3 of the apps had disappeared but the ones that were remaining seemed to still work. This evening it looks like the lot has gone. Attempting to access the store bring ups "connection error". :(

Interesting that it seems to be totally dependent on the smart hub service being available even though the apps are downloaded.
  • gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    Could samsung have taken the service down in preperation for rolling out some kind of update? Possibly in relation to this announced at CES.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-20942237
    Forum Member
    Looks like we are going to have problems for another week !!

"Thank you for contacting Samsung about the apps in your Smart Hub.I am sorry you are experiencing problems with the apps in your SmartHub. I can understand you frustration as you want to be able to use the Smart features of your television in order to fully enjoy all of thefunctions but are unable to due to problems with the Smart Hub. Regarding your query please note that the smart hub server is being expanded today (11th Jan) and will be again on the 16th Jan which has unfortunately caused some interruption to Smart Hub services, as our Samsung engineers continue to work on this issue there may be more disruption.Symptoms of this interruption include no apps, some apps, just signature apps, multiple icons for the same app i.e. the Facebook icon appearing 3 times.I can only apologise and advise you that we are working on getting the issue resolved as soon as possible."
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    es6300 wrote: »
    Looks like we are going to have problems for another week !!

"Thank you for contacting Samsung about the apps in your Smart Hub.I am sorry you are experiencing problems with the apps in your SmartHub. I can understand you frustration as you want to be able to use the Smart features of your television in order to fully enjoy all of thefunctions but are unable to due to problems with the Smart Hub. Regarding your query please note that the smart hub server is being expanded today (11th Jan) and will be again on the 16th Jan which has unfortunately caused some interruption to Smart Hub services, as our Samsung engineers continue to work on this issue there may be more disruption.Symptoms of this interruption include no apps, some apps, just signature apps, multiple icons for the same app i.e. the Facebook icon appearing 3 times.I can only apologise and advise you that we are working on getting the issue resolved as soon as possible."

Good to see they replied, gave information and more importantly seemed to genuinely apologise - a lot of companies dont give this sort of info let alone an apology that comes across as 'real' - good work Samsung!
  • s2ks2k Posts: 7,410
    Forum Member
    The last couple of days it seems to have gone back to being partially down. A whole load of icons have disappeared and I'm down to about half a dozen now. No app store link. Netflix and Absolute have vanished, but I can still access BBC iPlayer and Crunchyroll (these were the main ones I cared about). Netflix is available via my ps3 so its not the end of the world.

Thank goodness I can still access that preinstalled Samsung SmartTV app, yknow the one that literally just displays a single jpeg image. I'd have been gutted if that had gone :D
  • SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I couldn't get it either, ps bbci is very slow on this TV at loading, this needs addressing.