Annoying; wittering work colleagues

comedyfishcomedyfish Posts: 21,637
Forum Member
✭✭✭
First of all let me apologise for the spelling of the word wittering – not sure whether it is correct spelling – however it is perfect to describe people who mutter and talk insistently.. ALL THE F**KIN’ TIME

The guy next to me just talks to himself, mutters says things randomly to anyone who will listen – just so annoying!

He doesn’t know he is doing it half the time – cos I tell him ‘hey you don’t have to vocalise every thought you know’ in a jolly un threatening way but still he continues – AAAAAAAAAHH :mad:

Any other suffers out there? :cry:

Comments

• RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't witter, or whitter, whatever. I do, however, perform spectacular and colourful rants, quite regularly.

Most of my colleagues appear to think they are hilarious, though I am always het up at the time.

Mind you, I have also been told I offer a sort of vicarious venting therapy!
  • comedyfishcomedyfish Posts: 21,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh god!

Now he is looking for attention by walking around and holding his head like he just missed a penalty in the world cup final!

muttering and saying nothing - obviously hoping I would say 'what's up?'

I didn't of course... and eventually he regailed me with a most boring tale!!!
  • wur86wur86 Posts: 10,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a workmate who never says anything until something really interesting comes on the radio. Then she never stops until the item has finished.:mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    I used to sit beside a colleague who used to throw the most almighty strops at getting so much as two e-mails that she needed to deal with.

She would sit in her corner, swearing and gnashing teeth to herself as if no one else had ever faced such hardship. I think she thought it showed care in her work. Most of the time it just showed a short temper and ineptitude.

I don't know if that's wittering but it was bloody annoying, so you have my full sympathy.
  • MidiboyMidiboy Posts: 8,263
    Forum Member
    A swift blow to the back of the cranium with something heavy and hard should do the trick...

...the only problem you're left with is disposal of the body.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Midiboy wrote: »
    A swift blow to the back of the cranium with something heavy and hard should do the trick...

...the only problem you're left with is disposal of the body.

no one would miss him - and I work next door to a canal :D
  • MidiboyMidiboy Posts: 8,263
    Forum Member
    comedyfish wrote: »
    no one would miss him - and I work next door to a canal :D

Result!

I don't work beside a canal and the locked filing cabinets are starting to smell...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hummers and quiet whistlers are just as bad.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,673
    Forum Member
    I used to work with someone that used to sing quietly I think she though she sounded folky and soothing she drove me MAAAADD:mad::mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Midiboy wrote: »
    Result!

I don't work beside a canal and the locked filing cabinets are starting to smell...
    geoveo wrote: »
    Hummers are just as bad.

see above :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Then there is always one with a wobbly bit in their nostril. Not quite a whistle but nearly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wur86 wrote: »
    Then there is always one with a wobbly bit in their nostril. Not quite a whistle but nearly.

like homer simpson in church :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,012
    Forum Member
    I’ve got one who gives a running commentary on everything he’s doing.

One who jumps out of his seat when using a mobile, and walks in circles around his desk (every third lap taking a look between the blinds on the windows).

And then there’s me. Perfect ! :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bigshorts wrote: »

i.e. keeping your head down and posting on here :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    The new temp opposite me talks ALL DAY & it's really irritating.
    She constantly says, very loudly, 'oh FUDGEsickles' or 'oh I can't BELIEVE that happened' to noone imparticular but she keeps on & on until she gets a reaction.
    You can't have a conversation with anyone without her interrupting and saying 'oh but it's SO much worse for me' and launching into another story.
    She just did it as I typed this by saying 'what are you typing? You type quick' .. JUST SHUT UP.
    So yes, I feel your pain haha :D
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    oh god!

Now he is looking for attention by walking around and holding his head like he just missed a penalty in the world cup final!

muttering and saying nothing - obviously hoping I would say 'what's up?'

I didn't of course... and eventually he regailed me with a most boring tale!!!

That drives me mad, if you want to tell me something just tell me, don't try and get me to ask you :mad:

I worked with someone who used to do that, she'd ask you a question 'how was your weekend' just so you'd ask her back and she'd then drone on for hours about things I had no interest in. Used to drive her mad in the end by not playing along, you could see her bursting to tell us something, but I must admit I took great delight in not giving her the opening.

She never learnt - when she resigned, instead of just telling me, she kept dropping hints during the day 'Oh, that's the last time I'll have to do that job' type of stuff, but by then I was so used to ignoring her and not responding to her leading statements/questions it took till about 4 in the afternoon for me to notice :D
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Luckily I'm self employed but there is a mum that I seem to keep ending up in company with who drives me insane. She talks the most relentless drivel mainly about her dieting. How much of this that and the next thing she's eaten or going to eat or feels bad about eating. Then she'll talk at length about which effin shade of cream she's painting the bedroom.

I have to tune out and end up staring into the middle distance, which of course makes me look like a right rude cow.
    Forum Member
    i.e. keeping your head down and posting on here :D

Yup ! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bigshorts wrote: »
    I’ve got one who gives a running commentary on everything he’s doing.

One who jumps out of his seat when using a mobile, and walks in circles around his desk (every third lap taking a look between the blinds on the windows).

Hi Big me too.:D
    Apart from the odd "butlers revenge"
    Forum Member
    wur86 wrote: »
    Hi Big me too.:D
    Apart from the odd "butlers revenge"

:D
    Hi Wur
  • RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luckily I'm self employed but there is a mum that I seem to keep ending up in company with who drives me insane. She talks the most relentless drivel mainly about her dieting. How much of this that and the next thing she's eaten or going to eat or feels bad about eating. Then she'll talk at length about which effin shade of cream she's painting the bedroom.

I have to tune out and end up staring into the middle distance, which of course makes me look like a right rude cow.

I can relate to this. I've never worked in an office and only see colleagues occasionally. Thank goodness for that if what office workers have to put up with!

When my daughter was small, I also kept company with a woman similar to the one you describe.

Trying to feel interested in the different sorts of biscuits you can buy in the corner shop - or the merits of different brands of washing powder - used to do me in. :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,658
    Forum Member
    I sit next to a lovely bloke who I get on with really well - but he does have an unconscious habit of whistling, singing and tapping along to the radio (which I won't allow him to have on all day as I can't stand it). Drives me mad!
  • Mrs MackintoshMrs Mackintosh Posts: 1,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got a new temp today and she's incapable of being quiet, if she's not talking she's whistling, singing or humming. She's sung the opening line to "take that look off your face" about 57 times today. I don't think I can take much more of it...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    I sympathise, but can anything be as bad as the person who gives you work and has ABSOLUTE STINKING B.O., so bad it nearly makes you gag and it hangs around when he 's left your office.

He wasn't an idiot in the academic stakes either.

I since work in a different office!
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a new temp today and she's incapable of being quiet, if she's not talking she's whistling, singing or humming. She's sung the opening line to "take that look off your face" about 57 times today. I don't think I can take much more of it...

It's always the opening lines, they never seem to get past the first few bars :(

I used to go out with a guy who only ever played the intro of Ziggy Stardust on his guitar, nearly ruined that song for me.