The Gadget Show, 3 presenters have been axed.

the sandmanthe sandman Posts: 621
Forum Member
✭✭
They are;

Suzi Perry

Jon Bentley

Ortis Deley

Comments

• g-bhxug-bhxu Posts: 2,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why??????
  • JoLucJoLuc Posts: 1,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just the nobbie left then?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    Channel 5 press release http://about.channel5.com/node/1549
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are now three threads on this.
  • pinkteddyx64pinkteddyx64 Posts: 2,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are;

Suzi Perry

Jon Bentley

Ortis Deley
    Two words: The. Irony! :mad:

Seriously though, it is criminal how it is always the best shows that either get axed or severely scaled down! :mad:

Maybe I should purchase The Gadget Show programme rights and run the show as me as the main presenter? :rolleyes: Just imagine how awesome the show would be then! :D
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,625
    Forum Member
    It hasn't been scaled down. The budget has actually been increased, but that'll be going on the new global format and HD.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They've killed it. Frankly, I'm annoyed by how much Jon was pushed into the background as he was the only one who had the authority and proper knowledge of what he was talking about. The others are like they're on school holidays having a laugh with some tech their parents gave them in comparison. If anything, they should've reverted to the original three - I like Ortis but I never managed to shrug off the impression that Polly was brought in just to sex up the show. If I wanted that, I'd peruse the 900 channels.
  • advidadvid Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ..there's now a whole TWO generations of computer /mobile phone / tablet and laptop and other gadget users out there that perhaps would like to know a bit more about what goes on 'under the hood' of many of the items that they use and perhaps take for granted.... How do you do this - how to connect that to that - how to re-size my pics - why is my wireless connection not working ect ect ect - A millions 'topical' gadget question that could be put onto an entirely new format ! A mix perhaps between the old BBC Tomorrows World program and a touch of Open University ...
    Not all people want to see how to fly their new little helicopter toy around the studio....

The Gadget Show could really be put into the kids TV programs time slot for all it's 'really' worth....

Put good old John B. in to present it perhaps ???
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,548
    Forum Member
    They've killed it.
    So, no prejudice at all then. You know, with the new show not even being shown yet.
    Frankly, I'm annoyed by how much Jon was pushed into the background as he was the only one who had the authority and proper knowledge of what he was talking about.
    Pretty sure Jason knew a thing or two. And the others as well. You know, given the fact that they presented the show as well. I suppose it's possible that they didn't know anything and had to read of cue-cards or something, but I very-much doubt it.
  • TomStarTomStar Posts: 2,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tbh having 5 presenters was a bit unnecessary !
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm reserving judgement until I see the "new" show. I do think all five of them added something personally.

I notice that Polly and Jason are quite happy to promote Gadget Show Live next week but Suzi has only mentioned it once.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First I've heard of this. The show badly needed to change but it doesn't sound very appealing to me. When I watch a program about tech I want to see someone who knows what they're talking about, not someone who was hired because they look good in a swimsuit.
    Forum Member
    Polly regularly contributes to leading gadget magazine T3, she knows what she is talking about. Don't understand the spite at all, she's a perfectly good presenter.
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • petelypetely Posts: 2,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Preview here
    Meh! it''s still 90% about the presenters (shouting and yelling as if they're 6 years old) and any footage or useful information about the gadgets are purely accidental.

From the preview it seems to have carried all the faults and omissions of the old show with it. If you genuinely want information about gadgets, look elsewhere. ISTM even the QVC shopping channel presents more pertinent information about their tech products than this lot ever do :(
  • Trmcg5Trmcg5 Posts: 1,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cant believe it the 3 that have been axed were really good.
    I suppose they have to change the programme a bit so viewers dont get bored.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    petely wrote: »
    If you genuinely want information about gadgets, look elsewhere.

I've been saying that for years. I still don't get why people still expect the gadget show to do proper techy-type reviews of stuff. And I like the show !

Just watched the preview and yes, it does seem to be more of the same but just on a worldwide scale.

Can't really see the point to be honest. I'm all for updating and rebooting things to keep them fresh but it just seems like Suzi, Ortis and Jon were sacrificed just to free up the money to send Jason and Polly on a road trip.

Still, i'll still probably watch it though.
  • GlomperGlomper Posts: 3,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No doubt, still have to fast forwards through most of it.

Hate the challenges.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glomper wrote: »
    No doubt, still have to fast forwards through most of it.

Hate the challenges.

Based on that promo, it doesn't look like there will be any challenges.
  • ubermanuberman Posts: 2,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad Ortis has gone, I just couldn't watch it once he joined the show so I'll give it another chance now he's gone.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    R.Metcalfe wrote: »
    Channel 5 press release http://about.channel5.com/node/1549

Sounds like a 'jolly' for all concerned... Easy to see why they had to axe the presenters - to re-focus the £££ onto travel costs :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And I bet that this new format Gadget Show won't even be in HD either!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad: And since they will be touring other countries, there will be a lot of "<name of country> is better than us at this" propaganda to contend with as well!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:
    Forum Member
    And I bet that this new format Gadget Show won't even be in HD either!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:
    It will be in HD, as I already stated way back in post #7.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    It will be in HD, as I already stated way back in post #7.
    Yes I read, but we all know how good Channel 5 are at letting us down, don't we? :rolleyes: The new show will probably be filmed in a 240-line format! :D
    Forum Member
    Yes I read, but we all know how good Channel 5 are at letting us down, don't we? :rolleyes: The new show will probably be filmed in a 240-line format! :D
    They haven't let me down. I've been calling for change on The Gadget Show for a long time.

The old format and features had got stale, and a revamp was badly needed. Less episodes of higher quality sounds like a good way of going about things to me.