Dec Donnelly splits with his girlfriend

Comments

• allie5allie5 Posts: 4,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    minxymoo wrote: »
    no hes taken..and not by Ayda Field...;)

Ah happy DS memories of the infamous "Triangle" :D

I do believe AntnDec's grumpy management pulled that thread at one point didnt they?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    allie5 wrote: »

I do believe AntnDec's grumpy management pulled that thread at one point didnt they?

Surprised this one has lasted as long as it has tbh...
  • minxymoominxymoo Posts: 25,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

remember the fun we had on Ant and Decs official forum,hehehe...i believe the triangle became a pentagon.;)
  • allie5allie5 Posts: 4,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    remember the fun we had on Ant and Decs official forum,hehehe...i believe the triangle became a pentagon.;)

Oh YES. Those poor little fan gurls we wound up with our "Fan Fiction" and smutty inuenndo....Happy days :D
  • Loz_FraggleLoz_Fraggle Posts: 5,756
    Forum Member
    she also used to be in a group called duece im sure.

Yes she did, I think that's where her and Ant first met, or rather PJ!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why does everyone have to speculate so much?
    Isn't it plausible enough that Georgie was ready to settle down and Dec wasn't, causing them to split? Maybe he felt she wasn't the right person? Better to split than have her walk down the aisle under false pretences.
  • FlohFloh Posts: 4,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't it plausible enough that Georgie was ready to settle down and Dec wasn't, causing them to split? Maybe he felt she wasn't the right person? Better to split than have her walk down the aisle under false pretences.

People speculate because they speculate. Better than gossiping about the neighbour. Celebrities are a media invention to get people talking about them rather than focussing on the important things in life. We're not gossiping about stuff which would peeve the powers that be. Celebrities know it comes part and parcel of their status.
  • soapmaniasoapmania Posts: 7,452
    Forum Member
    Well it won't take Georgie long to meet someone else ... Dec's loss hey? Dec's got serious issues with commitment so it seems.
  • FlohFloh Posts: 4,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soapmania wrote: »
    Well it won't take Georgie long to meet someone else ... Dec's loss hey? Dec's got serious issues with commitment so it seems.

It's good they've split if she wants children- She needs to find someone to be a father as time is passing. Maybe that's it? Maybe he actually isn't interested in having children so it's fair enough if he wants no commitment of the sort. Not everyone is obliged to do the family thing. Perhaps he'll find a like-minded partner to share his years with. The loss would have been for his girlfriend if he'd stayed with her for much longer when she may be seeking another type of relationship.
  • Julie68Julie68 Posts: 3,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I can't think of a better way to say what you have. All I will say is that I completely agree with you.
    Georgie is at the age where she'll here a certian clock ticking and Dec is just not ready to settle down.
    I hope they both meet new partners that will make them happy and complete.
  • Lou17Lou17 Posts: 30,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think their's more to this split, ;) Georgie seems like a perfect match for him. Some people are never happy. :D
  • Lou17Lou17 Posts: 30,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My son watched the other night and John Bishop cracked me up when he asked Georgie if she and Ant went out on their first date in a double buggy! :D

Haha I'll miss those jokes.
  • PADDY75PADDY75 Posts: 785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure the BBC wouldn't have kept her if she was no good at her job. Good luck to her, she still goes by her maiden name for her work.

ITA Some people are so pathetically cynical even when there is no need to be. If she did not work and was papped everyday shopping and spending up her husbands money, she'd then be accused of being a gold digger.
  • PADDY75PADDY75 Posts: 785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's a gossip board. And if people think there is more to the situation then they are entitled to have their say. Just as you are.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PADDY75 wrote: »
    It's a gossip board. And if people think there is more to the situation then they are entitled to have their say. Just as you are.

I appreciate that, but maybe there isn't more to the situation - maybe they just weren't suited. People often look for more so that things seem more exciting than they are - I am guilty of that, too - but perhaps they just weren't right for each other.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    It's a shame, they looked good together.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I appreciate that, but maybe there isn't more to the situation - maybe they just weren't suited. People often look for more so that things seem more exciting than they are - I am guilty of that, too - but perhaps they just weren't right for each other.
    There really is though... But I like your sentiments. I like people like you. This board does get too cynical! x
  • GeordielaadGeordielaad Posts: 141
    Forum Member
    he probably isn't but supposing he had always been gay i'd advise him to come out now. they aren't the guaranteed ratings winners they used to be - time to shake things up a bit
  • alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh YES. Those poor little fan gurls we wound up with our "Fan Fiction" and smutty inuenndo....Happy days :D

I think we all ended up permanently banned, didn't we?
    I have fond memories of summer 2009 when we, for a short time, were Decettes:)

*sniff*:cry:
  • poboppobop Posts: 254
    Forum Member
    The reason people are speculating and why the story is annoying, is that the Daily Mail are featuring it as a main story with a lot of detail.

It's very very PR drenched and hard to really understand why it's in the news, until you start to think why it could be...
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    no hes taken..and not by Ayda Field...;)

:D:o
    Floh wrote: »
    It's good they've split if she wants children- She needs to find someone to be a father as time is passing. Maybe that's it? Maybe he actually isn't interested in having children so it's fair enough if he wants no commitment of the sort. Not everyone is obliged to do the family thing. Perhaps he'll find a like-minded partner to share his years with. The loss would have been for his girlfriend if he'd stayed with her for much longer when she may be seeking another type of relationship.

Multi millionaire Dec- Im available, i dont want kids!
  • StuntyStunty Posts: 45,685
    Forum Member
    pobop wrote: »
    The reason people are speculating and why the story is annoying, is that the Daily Mail are featuring it as a main story with a lot of detail.

It's very very PR drenched and hard to really understand why it's in the news, until you start to think why it could be...

Quite. Think you may have hit the nail on the head.

It always seems to be big big news when Dec either gets a girlfriend, or splits with a girlfriend! Wonder why? :confused:
  • surfiesurfie Posts: 5,754
    Forum Member
    Rourke wrote: »
    Ant's wife Lisa is head of hair and make on SCD BBC1.

Can anybody tell me who Clare Buckfield in now dating - I'd love to see her and Dec have a happy ever after....

Clare has a new long term boyfriend Toby Higgins who is a muscial driector. She lives with him, her sister Julie and her husband.

I doubt she'd go back to Dec now as part of the reason they broke up was Dec's career meaning that they hardly had time together when Clare was also working, especially when touring in theatre.
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    Stunty wrote: »
    Quite. Think you may have hit the nail on the head.

It always seems to be big big news when Dec either gets a girlfriend, or splits with a girlfriend! Wonder why? :confused:

to reiterate he's all man!
  • Charlie ChuckCharlie Chuck Posts: 2,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    to reiterate he's all man!

Just a compact version.