Shane Filan first album as solo artist, your thoughts?

Comments

• coun3spicecoun3spice Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    any latest news??
  • zeze88zeze88 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would have posted it if there were any, don't worry;)

He just announced a competition for the fans.

We just have to be patient and hope that he will let us listen the single on July 5th like he promised:D

I just hope he doesn't release his single at the same time as 1D - I'm not saying he couldn't get higher position than them - it is very much possible - but if he doesn't, everybody would just say he was beaten by 1D which would be annoying.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zeze88 wrote: »
    I would have posted it if there were any, don't worry;)

He just announced a competition for the fans.

We just have to be patient and hope that he will let us listen the single on July 5th like he promised:D

I just hope he doesn't release his single at the same time as 1D - I'm not saying he couldn't get higher position than them - it is very much possible - but if he doesn't, everybody would just say he was beaten by 1D which would be annoying.

i agree!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shane posted 2 new photos on Instagram - he is currently in the LA shooting his music video. He also posted a small clip saying how he will tell us all about the single next Friday.

http://instagram.com/shanefilanofficial/
  • siriusrosesiriusrose Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So next Friday we get all the details on the single, excited for things to finally progress. Hope we get a clip, I can't wait to hear what it sounds like, was really happy when he confirmed it wouldn't be a ballad!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    siriusrose wrote: »
    So next Friday we get all the details on the single, excited for things to finally progress. Hope we get a clip, I can't wait to hear what it sounds like, was really happy when he confirmed it wouldn't be a ballad!

Yes, I feel the same - ballad definitely wouldn't work, especially since he will release it in summertime. I think we will at least get a clip, he hinted that on Twitter 2 weeks ago.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here is a interesting article in The Mirror that mentions that while he is in US, Shane will also meet up with people there who are going ro help him break the US market:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/shane-filan-hollywood-former-westlife-2007852

“His record company have been absolutely great and so supportive – they want to do absolutely everything that is necessary to make this career a success.

“The music that they’re working with is just so good, so they are happy to give him a huge budget to make sure the video is absolutely perfect.”

He is also expected to have a series of meetings with some of the biggest names in US music while in LA – ahead of a planned push to break America. Also, he has co- written ALL of the songs:)

Here is this part:

A source said: “It’s not all pleasure while he’s over in America – there’s lots of hard work that has to be done.

“He has to meet a load of big-wigs who are going to help him with plans on breaking the States.

“It’s a tough job to do, but everyone thinks that Shane is up to it.”

Walsh said: “I’m very optimistic for him because I’ve heard the music. And he’s co-written all the songs. Honestly, he’s going to be huge.

“There’s all brand new songs - it’s hits, hits, hits. It’s very American – it’s not like anyone I know. It’s quality."

I'm SO happy to hear everyone is so positive and pleased for his career - it would be amazing if he could break the US - it would certainly be easier now than 2000 when Westlife tried since social media are a great tools now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zeze88 wrote: »
    Here is a interesting article in The Mirror that mentions that while he is in US, Shane will also meet up with people there who are going ro help him break the US market:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/shane-filan-hollywood-former-westlife-2007852

“His record company have been absolutely great and so supportive – they want to do absolutely everything that is necessary to make this career a success.

“The music that they’re working with is just so good, so they are happy to give him a huge budget to make sure the video is absolutely perfect.”

He is also expected to have a series of meetings with some of the biggest names in US music while in LA – ahead of a planned push to break America. Also, he has co- written ALL of the songs:)

Here is this part:

A source said: “It’s not all pleasure while he’s over in America – there’s lots of hard work that has to be done.

“He has to meet a load of big-wigs who are going to help him with plans on breaking the States.

“It’s a tough job to do, but everyone thinks that Shane is up to it.”

Walsh said: “I’m very optimistic for him because I’ve heard the music. And he’s co-written all the songs. Honestly, he’s going to be huge.

“There’s all brand new songs - it’s hits, hits, hits. It’s very American – it’s not like anyone I know. It’s quality."

I'm SO happy to hear everyone is so positive and pleased for his career - it would be amazing if he could break the US - it would certainly be easier now than 2000 when Westlife tried since social media are a great tools now.

wow so happy that he has a supportive recording label... JUST ONE GREAT GREAT TRENDY SINGLE SHANE FILAN!!

ANYBODY CAN HIT USA... look at psy..

shane can make it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shane revealed the name of the single yesterday: it is called Everything To Me. He says we will get to hear it next week!

There are more details of his single on his website:

Shane Filan is set to release his brilliant debut solo single on 25th August, on Capitol Records. ‘Everything To Me’ is written by Shane and Nick Atkinson (Gabrielle Aplin), and produced by Grammy award winning producer, Martin Terefe (Jason Mraz, James Morrison, Train).

‘Everything To Me’ is sing-a-long, sunshine tinged pop at its finest, and the sound might come as a surprise to fans – but is sure to delight. The song is featured as the lead track on an EP which includes three other brand new songs, written by Shane. An album will follow later in the year, details to be announced soon.

"I am incredibly excited to have joined Capitol Records, and being back in the studio in London and Nashville recording new songs has been amazing. Working on solo material is something I had always dreamed of doing, and I’m incredibly happy with the results. ‘Everything To Me’ is a very personal song to me lyrically; it is such an upbeat and optimistic record, perfect for the summer. I can’t wait for people to hear it!”

Tracklisting:

1. Everything To Me
    2. Everytime
    3. Today’s Not Yesterday
    4. Once

Also, it turns out that if you buy the single from his website, they ship it worldwide. I think this will definitely help with his sales:

http://store.digitalstores.co.uk/shanefilan/*/*/Everything-To-Me-Signed-CD-Single/2NCP0000000#.UdaGAzuJV8B
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone leaked the single. I won't post it here because I'm not sure if I am allowed to. However, the quality isn't perfect so maybe no one would mind.

I love it, it is very positive, happy song, but not in annoying or cheesy way like It's a Beautiful Day from Buble. This could definitely be a hit for him as I think it's very radio friendly, I can see this played constantly on the radios because it has a very summery feel to it.

Also. I think it is indeed very personal, I think it is pretty obvious that he is singing about bankruptcy and his family from the lyrics. Also, I don't think anyone can say now he can't write, this is a very good pop song and it is very heartfelt as he is singing from personal experience:

If life is like a jiigsaw
    where would you start
    you think you've got the picture
    it's written on your heart

You lay out all the pieces
    one by one
    but if you stare at it too closely
    the answer never comes

So take a breath
    cause I need time
    to figure this all out

I got a lot...
    I thought I need
    but I understand now

Cause I don't need the sunlight
    shining on my face
    and I don't need perfection
    to have the perfect day
    just wanna see you happy
    a smile on your face
    nothing else matters
    cause you're everything to me

can you tell me where I'm going
    tell me what comes next
    cause I know that it's not over
    haven't even started yet

I just wanna get there
    but I hope it's not too late
    cause the closer I am getting
    the more I feel the way

let's take a break
    take our time
    to figure this all out

I got a lot ??? (I don't understand what he says here)
    I thought I need
    but I understand now

Cause I don't need the sunlight
    shining on my face
    to have the perfect day
    just wanna see you happy
    a smile on your face
    nothing else matters

all that I thought I want
    is not what I really need
    you're right in front of me

I don't need the sunlight
    shining on my face
    to have the perfect day
    just wanna see you happy
    a smile on your face
    nothing else matters
  • gemmaovwales03gemmaovwales03 Posts: 7,183
    Forum Member
    can you pm a link? I'm interested in hearing his solo stuff
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    can you pm a link? I'm interested in hearing his solo stuff

Of course. Tell mewhat do you think after ou listen to it;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here is the music video:

http://www.yinyuetai.com/video/708082

I like it, very happy and fun video :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [wow!!!!!!!

it sounds cool! i love it

i hope it becomes a hit!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    coun3spice wrote: »
    [wow!!!!!!!

it sounds cool! i love it

i hope it becomes a hit!

Me too. I read one comment that Shane tries to copy Olly Murs and that it is a very mundane song - I think every song that is catchy and very pop these days people compare to Olly Murs. The song is very catchy and fun, I doubt shane wanted to achieve something more than that.

I think this song is perfect for summertime. Sure, it is a little corny but at least he speaks from the heart and what is more important - he managed to separate himself from Westlife sound. I don't know, I think this song could have success, especially if radio stations back him up and I don't see why they wouldn't because it sounds very radio friendly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shane just released a lyric video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igS50c8l44A

Everything To Me is curerntly trending at no.1 worldwide :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it is a very good pop song... it reminds me somehow of buble and jason mraz... i justt missed shane's vocal prowess, but for me, shane's first single it a trendy one...

i hope it could reach number 1 in uk and if it's possible reach the taste of american market...

a glee feature of this song could be a great help! i hope his friends in america could push through this
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yeah zeze, i found the youtube link... i just missed the worldwide trending....

to trend number 1 worldwide is just something big! i hope it reflects in worldwide record sales, social media is such a big help!

do you have an idea, when will be released? is it going to be released in us? i hope so! but i also agree... making it a radio hit first is a great stepping stone
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    coun3spice wrote: »
    yeah zeze, i found the youtube link... i just missed the worldwide trending....

to trend number 1 worldwide is just something big! i hope it reflects in worldwide record sales, social media is such a big help!

do you have an idea, when will be released? is it going to be released in us? i hope so! but i also agree... making it a radio hit first is a great stepping stone

The release date is 25th August. I don't know about the US, maybe. Shane is starting a radio tour across UK at 22nd of July so this could be a great promo.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here is Shane's interview at Magic fm, I uploaded all the talking parts:

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/vpue4fvmor...ew_magic_fm.mp3

The important things we found out is that:

- the sound of the album will be pop, folk and country
    - it will be more uptempo, only 4 ballads
    - the album comes out in November

I'm surprised that there won't be more ballads, but it makes me happy though! He needs to separate from Westlife and I think that is the right way to go.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish Shane all the best and hope this does well for him but it's very mehhhh. Nothing special or original about it.
  • gemmaovwales03gemmaovwales03 Posts: 7,183
    Forum Member
    dory353 wrote: »
    I wish Shane all the best and hope this does well for him but it's very mehhhh. Nothing special or original about it.

Thanks for sending the link zeze I have to agree with dory it's very meh. Surly to launch his solo career he's picked his strongest song and if that's it then I'd be worried. It's a shame he has a nice voice plus a big fanbase already with the right songs he could become very successful on his own.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for sending the link zeze I have to agree with dory it's very meh. Surly to launch his solo career he's picked his strongest song and if that's it then I'd be worried. It's a shame he has a nice voice plus a big fanbase already with the right songs he could become very successful on his own.

I agree that the single isn't anything wow, but... I think the only reason this song was picked is because it sounds perfect for summertime - easy, catchy, fun, positive, carefree. If Olly Murs and Jason Mraz can be successful with the songs like that, I don't see why Shane can't be.

And I'm not worried about the album - I mean, Safe from Gravity album definitely didn't introduce that WL album in the right way, nor did What about Now for Where We Are or Home for Back Home. So, I will still keep faith in album. Like I said, I really think this single was chosen ONLY because it is a summery single - he couldn't just simply release something slow or a ballad because that definitely wouldn't have worked.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here is the long interview with Shane on 2fm:

http://www.rte.ie/radio/utils/radioplayer/rteradioweb.html#!rii=1%3A20224090%3A4678%3A12%2D07%2D2013%3A

The beginning is about Westlife that we know. but it interesting to hear about the bankruptcy - I had no idea he lost that much of money and that he had to buy off his wedding ring. It is so sweet that he wrote the entire album about his wife :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The single is now also on Amazon for pre-order and it is currently at #10 bestsellers singles list - I think that is very good!