[GAME] Battle Of The Seasons Series 3 [Official Launch Thread]

SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
Forum Member
✭✭✭
It's been several months but rejoice because Battle Of The Seasons is BACK! :D Now for those who know what this is about, this should make you very happy indeed. But if you are knew and not sure what this is about, let me explain. Battle Of The Seasons is one of those unique games as instead of having a category, each judge is assigned a Series with which they must find a boy, a girl, an over and a group to have in thier class team based on that Series or year alone, more about this later. So when we were on in the last Series, we were treated to a brand new panel as well as a higher standard of themes and song choices. In the end, we watched Melanie McCabe from the 2011 class take the crown over Adam Burridge from the 2012 class.

Now before we get started, a few things to go over. All four members of the panel have agreed to return so there is no vacancies to join the game I'm afraid. :( But don't be upset, because I'm sure that this will be a high standard once more. Two of our judges are not here but they have been assigned their chosen Series.

To the other two judges, if you are here, please do not post until I tell you to.

So viewers, before we announce the panel, are you all excited for this Third Series? :D

Comments

• SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alrighty, let's get on with the panel shall we? Our first returning judge was one of the four newcomers to grace us in the Second Series. In addition to his list of experiences, he dominated the game from the word go and walked away with the crown. He's the current mentor champion and it is...

yohinnchild aka David

Welcome back champ, hope you're ready to defend your title. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Our second returning judge is not here but is very excited to be back for another go. He didn't quite get that far with his previous class but he hopes to put that aside for this Series. Please welcome back other than...

jackamakka aka Jacka

Let's hope you get much further than 9th place this time. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Our third returning judge made an impact and brought out a lot of good taste in music and styles which she achieved recognition on many occasions. She was the runner-up mentor in the last Series but she wants to win this time, it can only be...

fireemblemcraze aka Roxie

Great to have you back once again. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Our fourth and final judge who is also absent is someone who has gone on to great lengths in terms of improvement by taking part in many games whenever possible. He aims to go further than 4th place last time and it is...

pingu58011 aka Pingu

Welcome back to the panel, I'm sure you'll do really well. :)

Ladies and gents, our judging panel! :cool:

As soon as one or two of them come online, we will continue.
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    Hi y'all. I'm here. Can't wait to find out my series! :p

Everyone's done a few more games since back then so David's going to have a difficult time dominating this time ;):p .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Hi, only checking in and you are right David will have a harder time :p

I did well last series seeing as I only took over from George when there was only Rachel left :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now it's time to find out which judge will be mentoring which Series.

Keeping mind of what you had last time, which Series do you all hope to have this time?
    It won't change anything as you have all been assigned your Series at random.
    Forum Member
    pingu58011 wrote: »
    Hi, only checking in and you are right David will have a harder time :p

I did well last series seeing as I only took over from George when there was only Rachel left :D

Yup, Jacka and I have won our first games since then and you're getting better and better at this Penguin.

Rachel is such a hard contestant to mentor (such a restrictive old-fashioned style) so yeah you did. :D

I would SO love to have Series 5 or 6! <3<3<3 as I haven't mentored anyone from either. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, up first is our mentor champion.

David, you have got...

SERIES 5!

The class of 2008 is now in your hands.

Next it's Jacka, and he has got...
    SERIES 6!

The class of 2009 is back after a 1-Series break.

Roxie, you have got...
    SERIES 7!

The class of 2010 that didn't fare well but hope to do better this time.

And finally Pingu, he has got...
    SERIES 10!

This year's class which will certainly be put to the test to the other three Series!

So, are we more or less happy about these? ;)
    Forum Member
    Very interesting! I'm happy with that. :p:D

Actually I have had a contestant from Series 6 (Danyl Johnson) but not Series 7 yet so actually this would be really interesting.

I've got an idea of my boy and group but not anyone else...:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now to recap ourselves of the rules.

1. You must pick a boy, girl, over and group for your chosen Series.

2. It can only be UK acts that have made either judges houses or live shows.

3. The acts from the Series involved in this Series listed below have already been picked for this game and cannot be chosen again:

2008 Class
    Eoghan Quigg
    Alexandra Burke
    Rachel Hylton
    JLS

2009 Class
    Ethan Bororian
    Despina Pilavakis
    Olly Murs
    Kandy Rain

2010 Class
    Marlon McKenzie
    Aiden Grimshaw
    Cher Lloyd
    Katie Wassiel
    Elesha Moses
    Mary Byrne
    Belle Amie
    The Reason

4. Always be prepared from song choices to twists.

So with that out of the way, it's time to do your choices. Jacka and Pingu have already chosen theirs and are at the ready. So Roxie (and David when he gets here), you have from now until 8:00pm to go and search for your boy, girl, over and group.

After that's done, we'll then continue with revealing the Top 16 and also the first live show's theme along with a few surprises. ;)
    Forum Member
    It's so sad I can't pick Katie Waissel. I had a real soft spot for her and loved her vintage vocal. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've decided to extend the deadline to 8:30pm just in case more time is needed and David has still not arrived...a bit concerning. :(

So just in case he does not reply, I would like to have a few people in reserve. So viewers, if any of you have any mentoring experience, please inbox me who you are, why do you wish to join the panel and what can you bring to the competition. :)
    Forum Member
    Soppyfan wrote: »
    I've decided to extend the deadline to 8:30pm just in case more time is needed and David has still not arrived...a bit concerning. :(

So just in case he does not reply, I would like to have a few people in reserve. So viewers, if any of you have any mentoring experience, please inbox me who you are, why do you wish to join the panel and what can you bring to the competition. :)

I've seen him posting quite frequently on here recently. So I do think he'll be coming on soon. Has he replied to your previous pms?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He has replied to a previous message before but I haven't heard from him since.
    Forum Member
    Soppyfan wrote: »
    He has replied to a previous message before but I haven't heard from him since.

Does he realize it's today? Because admittedly I only found out today myself. :o:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I did send out a group message two weeks in advance and he said he would be here.

But I'm guessing he's a little busy today in which case it's nothing to worry about right now.
  • EndOfSanityEndOfSanity Posts: 15,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amazing to see this back, I cannot wait to see what Roxie pulls out of the bag this time following that amazing Mix Factor victory with Bella Ferraro. :)
    Forum Member
    Amazing to see this back, I cannot wait to see what Roxie pulls out of the bag this time following that amazing Mix Factor victory with Bella Ferraro. :)

I've got a few things up my sleeve. :D:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just over 20 minutes left to make your choices.

Looking at what I've received so far, this is shaping up to be a great line-up. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alright, it's now time to find out which acts will be joining us for this Series and I've decided that David should take his time and be able to catch up on this game when he can so forget what I said earlier, viewers.

So, first up it's Jacka and his 2009 class!

From the boys, he's gone with...
    Duane Lamonte

From the girls, he has chosen...
    Lucie Jones

From the overs, he is taking...
    Daniel Pearce

And from the groups, he has went with...
    Miss Frank

Next up is Roxie and her 2010 class, tell us which boy, girl, over and group you have chosen and why for each of them, please. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, we'll come back to Roxie later. Next, we'll go to Pingu's chosen acts for his 2013 class.

For the boys, he's chosen...
    Paul Akister

For the girls, he's picked...
    Tamera Foster

For the overs, he has selected...
    Zoe Devlin

And for his group, he has chosen...
    Miss Dynamix
    Forum Member
    Ok it was a difficult process but I have selected my acts, here they are starting with my fav category (and possibly the best category ever invented):

1) Boys:
    Matt Cardle - The obligatory Roxie sexy guy who sings indie pop <3 He's just sex on legs...:o

2) Overs:
    Storm Lee - The obligatory Roxie rock act. :cool:

3) Groups:
    Diva Fever - how can any game function without some novelty? I've got an interesting direction planned for them anyway :D

4) Finally, from the Girls:
    Keri Arrindell - she had such a soft soulful voice and it was sad to see her go at JH! Not to mention she's quirky and I LOVE quirky. So here she is ready to redeem herself. The last addition to sweeten up my team
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ahhh thank you Roxie.

Now, it's on to the next stage...it is time to reveal to you all the theme for the first live show!
    Forum Member
    Ahhh Pingu's mentoring Zoe! I would LOVE to mentor her. And then Jack's mentoring Lucie! Awww. :( Pingu and Jack have got great categories.

And yes please to themes.