It's Complicated - from 10th December
    St Trinians 2 - from 17th December
    Four Christmases - from 3rd December
    Alvin and the chipmunks 2 - from 31st December
    Fantastic Mr Fox - from 24th December
    Up in the air - from 24th December
    Alice in wonderland - from 31st December

what will you be watching :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I will be watching Avatar and hopefully it will be broadcast on the 3D TV channel.:):)
    Ian.
  • fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member
    THOMO wrote: »
    I will be watching Avatar and hopefully it will be broadcast on the 3D TV channel.:):)
    Ian.

just think how much it cost for sky movies to get the rights to avatar :eek::D
  • THOMOTHOMO Posts: 7,446
    Forum Member
    fhs man 2 wrote: »
    I'm also looking forward to watching Alice In Wonderland and i know that is being broadcast on the 3D TV channel.:):)
    Ian.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Alice in wonderland
    St Trinians 2

My wife is wife sky, she has been offered 3 months sky movies half price (£8 pm I think), if we go for it, will we get these free?

Never know what sky movies is, got he free weekend the other weekend and it was just 2 cahannels I think 303 and a HD one, if that is all it is, not sure it;s worth it, they just repeat everything all the time!

Steve
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Looks like I found the answer eventually on Sky's web:-

Enjoy more movies than you can shake a stick at with the Movies Pack, which includes all our first-shown films on Sky Movies Premiere, every channel from both Movies 1 and Movies 2 - plus Sky Movies Showcase for its seasons and bonus channel Disney Cinemagic - all for just £16 extra a month. Plus find out which Movie channels are available in high definition.
    Sky Movies Premiere
    Sky Movies Comedy
    Sky Movies Family
    Sky Movies Classics
    Sky Movies Modern Greats
    Sky Movies Showcase
    Sky Movies Action & Adventure
    Sky Movies Crime & Thriller
    Sky Movies Drama & Romance
    Sky Movies Sci Fi & Horror
    Sky Movies Indie
    Disney Cinemagic

So,I should be OK.

Steve
    Forum Member
    stevec59 wrote: »
    Looks like I found the answer eventually on Sky's web:-

Enjoy more movies than you can shake a stick at with the Movies Pack, which includes all our first-shown films on Sky Movies Premiere, every channel from both Movies 1 and Movies 2 - plus Sky Movies Showcase for its seasons and bonus channel Disney Cinemagic - all for just £16 extra a month. Plus find out which Movie channels are available in high definition.
    Sky Movies Premiere
    Sky Movies Comedy
    Sky Movies Family
    Sky Movies Classics
    Sky Movies Modern Greats
    Sky Movies Showcase
    Sky Movies Action & Adventure
    Sky Movies Crime & Thriller
    Sky Movies Drama & Romance
    Sky Movies Sci Fi & Horror
    Sky Movies Indie
    Disney Cinemagic

So,I should be OK.

Steve

and watch movies on sky player anytime you want included in the price :D

with the offer watch if after it you do not wish to pay for sky movies you must phone them and tell them 31 days before the end of the offer :cool:
  • BrianWescombeBrianWescombe Posts: 998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Seems mad to me, it's the biggest selling DVD/Blu ray ever. Anyone who wanted to see it already has at least once! And there's a new extended cut coming out on DVD next week which will likely sell by the pallet-load as well.
  • sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seems mad to me, it's the biggest selling DVD/Blu ray ever. Anyone who wanted to see it already has at least once! And there's a new extended cut coming out on DVD next week which will likely sell by the pallet-load as well.

I want to see it, and i haven't yet, just because it is the biggest selling, doesn't mean we have to buy DVD/Blu-ray's.

I pay a Sky sub instead (as it's only about £9 when you have Sports for Movies, and will happily wait for the film on there.
  • MuzskiMuzski Posts: 809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm just about to cancel the movies package - seriously fed up with the same movies being constantly repeated. They did improve for a while but back to the same old movies being constantly re-run.

As for the premiers they have deteriorated drastically with half the movies been straight to DVD rubbish, these are not exactly what you would call premiers to justify the cost of the package.
    Forum Member
    Muzski wrote: »
    I'm just about to cancel the movies package - seriously fed up with the same movies being constantly repeated. They did improve for a while but back to the same old movies being constantly re-run.

As for the premiers they have deteriorated drastically with half the movies been straight to DVD rubbish, these are not exactly what you would call premiers to justify the cost of the package.

watch movies on sky player no more repeats watch when you want
  • Bill ClintonBill Clinton Posts: 9,389
    Forum Member
    I got Sky Movies again for 3 months on an offer, so it covers Christmas. Bit of a shame there that 3 movies which really would have suited being shown over Christmas itself are actually only being premiered from New Years Eve onwards.
    Alice In Wonderland, Alvin & The Chipmunks 2 - The Squeakuel & Avatar, is there anything Sky could do to get these movies just one week earlier?
    It does seem to happen every Christmas, the best family movies seem to premier in January, does anyone else notice this?
  • user123456789user123456789 Posts: 16,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You might be lucky, they could appear on Anytime earlier.
    Forum Member
    LATEST NEWS SKY HAVE UPDATED PREMIER DATES

all others as stated
    Forum Member

all others as stated
    I would love Avatar to be broadcast on the 3D channel on that date as well!!
    Ian.
    Forum Member

all others as stated
    THOMO wrote: »
    I would love Avatar to be broadcast on the 3D channel on that date as well!!
    Ian.
    I've just checked the 3D TV channel listings for Christmas Eve and between 8.00pm-10.00pm there is a blank space, that's the same time that Avatar is being broadcast on Sky Premier, so i just wonder if theirs the posibility that Avatar might be shown in 3D on that date as well. Heres hoping!!:):)
    Ian.