Is Bowie's new single eligible to chart on Sunday?

Nebworth90Nebworth90 Posts: 1,266
Forum Member
✭✭✭
People are technically buying the single as the money is being taken now and then they're getting a 'complete my album' deal later...? And I read somewhere online that there is some kind of physical release? (Don't know if that's true) but would love to know if this song can actually chart or not. Would make the charts interesting again!

Comments

• Grabid RanniesGrabid Rannies Posts: 4,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would do; although a similar thing of sorts, or something, backfired resulted in Madonna's Gimme All Your Luvin' not getting the chart placing it would have done :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i don`t think so apparently some chart rule in place in this situation idk
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 471
    Forum Member
    Apparently history dictates that it won't be unless there is a rule change.
  • Reem2011Reem2011 Posts: 4,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scream & Shout number 1
  • Nebworth90Nebworth90 Posts: 1,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reem2011 wrote: »
    Scream & Shout number 1

Gutted. Looks that way!
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well whats the reason it can't chart?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well whats the reason it can't chart?

I'm wondering this, as it's different to Madonna's GMAYL... people r actually buying the single now, hence it's No.1. I'm just confused about it all.
  • FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    It's eligible to chart

Ke$ha did it too and Die Young charted

Madonna's case is different as people got the song free if they bought the album
  • LED93LED93 Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    It's eligible to chart

Ke$ha did it too and Die Young charted

Madonna's case is different as people got the song free if they bought the album

I just looked that up, and it seems you're right. As long as Bowie's single isn't free when his album is pre ordered, then his single should chart this week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow! Looks like we have an interesting chart battle this week then by the look of it! I hope he does well!
    I didn't like the song at first, but after a couple of listens it really grew on me...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The song will fall towards the end of the week and have a massive drop next week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The song will fall towards the end of the week and have a massive drop next week.

Yeah I predict that too... It'll probably fall by the end of the week and still lose out to william and brit.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LED93 wrote: »
    I just looked that up, and it seems you're right. As long as Bowie's single isn't free when his album is pre ordered, then his single should chart this week.

But Kylie's - Flower was not eligable to chart even though it was priced at 99p because it was free if you pre-ordered the album. But what about the paid versions?

Of course it will.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Buzzjack forum is saying fairly confidently it won't chart and surely those people would know. :(
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yep after a bit of research it looks like it wont be eligible to chart on sunday
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad!! Scream & Shout!!!! LOOOOOOOOOOOOL
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad!! Scream & Shout!!!! LOOOOOOOOOOOOL

:confused: :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    To be fair I doubt Bowie and his team are bothered or they would have taken the appropriate actions, and getting to #1 on iTunes gets as much press as actually getting a #1 single these days so the song has already done its job.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    Will.i.am and britney bi*ch
  • Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Take a look at the singles chart for 40 years ago this very weekend coming up, and what do you see? David Bowie in a chart battle at the top, just missing out at No2 with The Jean Genie, playing second fiddle to Little Jimmy Osmond's Long Haired Lover From Liverpool!

He always seems to do well in the charts in years ending in a 3 for some reason!
    Forum Member
    Looks like it has been denied a chart position:
    DEATH2DISCO (@DEATH2DISCO) tweeted at 10:35am - 9 Jan 13:

is there a reason why the bowie single is #1 on itunes but not showing in the midweek charts ? just wondered
  • MiresiaVertetaMiresiaVerteta Posts: 1,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bet if it was X-Factor or 1D it would have been allowed :rolleyes: Bowie should sue!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't have a real musician pissing on the generic Will.I.Am and talentless Britney Spears parade can we?

Bowie is a musical genius... meanwhile, Britney Spears has got? Oh, erm... "It's Britney bitch". Nice legacy.