Safety Not Guaranteed - Sundance 'Waldo Salt Screenwritng Award Winner'- 26/12/2012

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
Forum Member
Just discovered US indie comedy drama "Safety Not Guaranteed" has been picked up for a UK release by Vertigo Films on 26/12/2012. It's about a team of newspaper reporters who shadow a man who places an ad for time travel partners. It stars Jake Johnson (New Girl), Aubrey Plaza (Parks & Rec) and Mark Duplass (The League).

It has 94%, 'Certified Fresh' on Rotten Tomatoes ("Safety Not Guaranteed's ostensibly modest ambitions are outmatched by the movie's strong performances, beguiling charm, and heartfelt story.") and a Metacritic score of 72/100 indicating generally favorable reviews.

It was screened at the Sundance Film Festival where it won the Waldo Salt Screenwriting Award.
From the producers of Little Miss Sunshine - When an unusual classified ad inspires three cynical Seattle magazine employees to look for the story behind it, they discover a mysterious eccentric named Kenneth, a likable but paranoid supermarket clerk, who believes he's solved the riddle of time travel and intends to depart again soon. Together, they embark on a hilarious, smart, and unexpectedly heartfelt journey that reveals how far believing can take you.
Anyone else excited/curious about this? I just hope it has a wide enough release for me to be able to see it...

[Sorry if that sounded too much like an advert, I figured it might be a good idea to give a bit of information about the film, as it appears to be a little known indie]

Comments

• Slarti BartfastSlarti Bartfast Posts: 6,607
    Forum Member
    I was intrigued by the trailer I saw a while back. Has potential to be a good movie.
  • DubDubDubDub Posts: 2,611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah ...this is on my to watch list. Good things come to those who wait
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    DubDub wrote: »
    yeah ...this is on my to watch list. Good things come to those who wait

Agreed, was considering importing it from the States when I spotted the BBFC has just classified (15: Strong language and sex references)
  • DubDubDubDub Posts: 2,611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed, was considering importing it from the States when I spotted the BBFC has just classified (15: Strong language and sex references)

oh..go on B a chancer, stick 2 fingers to the man & watch it behind closed curtains !!:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    DubDub wrote: »
    oh..go on B a chancer, stick 2 fingers to the man & watch it behind closed curtains !!:eek:

Not sure what you mean, but if it's what I think it is, I like to see indies doing well...
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember seeing the trailer for this awhile ago. I was curious to see it. Especially forr the dead pan character. I may wait for the dvd though.