Currys/PC world Samsung Cashback

Hi,
Has anyone managed to complete the form for the Currys/PC World Samsung Galaxy cashback?
I went to https://curryspcworldcashback.com filled in the form but it wouldn't let me upload the photo of my receipt. I tried 2 browsers with the firewall on and off but it kept losing connection. Just wanted to know if anyone had successfully done it?

Thanks

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    After jumping though all the hoops to fill in the online form ,unable to upload a jpeg picture or scan of the receipt. If I cant do it what chance has a non computer literate Mum,Dad or grandparent got ! I've emailed currys awaiting a reply .Maybe just a temporary system error or maybe they're trying to make it virtually impossible to claim the cashback . I've suggested they admit their error and allow cashback to be claimed instore on production of the receipt -Watch this space .
    A very annoyed Rog
  • Dr.PhloxDr.Phlox Posts: 2,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does that redirect to the "official" Samsung cashback page?

http://www.samsung.com/uk/tab2cashback/

Remember you have to claim it between 15 and 60 days after purchase (God knows why the 2 week waiting period!)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    rogparki wrote: »
    After jumping though all the hoops to fill in the online form ,unable to upload a jpeg picture or scan of the receipt. If I cant do it what chance has a non computer literate Mum,Dad or grandparent got ! I've emailed currys awaiting a reply .Maybe just a temporary system error or maybe they're trying to make it virtually impossible to claim the cashback . I've suggested they admit their error and allow cashback to be claimed instore on production of the receipt -Watch this space .
    A very annoyed Rog
    Not used this site before so hope I can submit this properly.I am a grandmother -even a great grandmother too and finding trying to fill this Curry's Cashback form very annoying.I bought a SAMSUNG - Galaxy Tab 2 GT-P5110 10.1" Tablet - 16 GB and a Logik case which entitled me to £80 cashback-I made double sure of this but I cant find this tablet in the list unless anyone knows of a different number for this make-none of the letters and numbers are the same as mine in the drop down list.Tried emailing the help desk but no reply.Can anyone please help-I would be grateful as I am running out of time to apply.
  • Brady12Brady12 Posts: 796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    katyjane45 wrote: »
    Not used this site before so hope I can submit this properly.I am a grandmother -even a great grandmother too and finding trying to fill this Curry's Cashback form very annoying.I bought a SAMSUNG - Galaxy Tab 2 GT-P5110 10.1" Tablet - 16 GB and a Logik case which entitled me to £80 cashback-I made double sure of this but I cant find this tablet in the list unless anyone knows of a different number for this make-none of the letters and numbers are the same as mine in the drop down list.Tried emailing the help desk but no reply.Can anyone please help-I would be grateful as I am running out of time to apply.

The dropdown box has an extra code depending on the colour and memory of the tablet. If you go on Amazon they have the full product codes, it will have either SABTU, SEBTU, WABTU or WEBTU after the P5510
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Thank you very much for the reply -will check that out and hopefully will get somewhere :)
  • ShaunWShaunW Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bought one form PC World and claimed directly from the Samsung site as per the link provided by Dr Phlox.
  • NaturalDancerNaturalDancer Posts: 5,128
    Forum Member
    ShaunW wrote: »
    I bought one form PC World and claimed directly from the Samsung site as per the link provided by Dr Phlox.

How long did you have to wait to get your refund?
    I claimed via the Currys website on 31st Dec as that was the earliest I could claim. It said it could take up to 30 days to get the refund - from date of claim not from date of purchase, already had to wait 30 days before being able to claim :mad: I don't know why Currys are making people jump through hoops as people who bought them elsewhere don't have to wait so long. I know Currys offer was slightly different as some stores offered £50 whereas Currys/PCWorld offered £80 but you had to purchase a case from them. I didn't know at the time I could've got one from Tesco which would've been less hassle.
  • NaturalDancerNaturalDancer Posts: 5,128
    Forum Member
    dodgy123 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Has anyone managed to complete the form for the Currys/PC World Samsung Galaxy cashback?
    I went to https://curryspcworldcashback.com filled in the form but it wouldn't let me upload the photo of my receipt. I tried 2 browsers with the firewall on and off but it kept losing connection. Just wanted to know if anyone had successfully done it?

Thanks

Did you manage to sort this out? I had a problem originally as it does ask you to upload a Jpeg image which I didn't notice and tried to upload a Png image which didn't work :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How long did you have to wait to get your refund?
    I claimed via the Currys website on 31st Dec as that was the earliest I could claim. It said it could take up to 30 days to get the refund - from date of claim not from date of purchase, already had to wait 30 days before being able to claim :mad: I don't know why Currys are making people jump through hoops as people who bought them elsewhere don't have to wait so long. I know Currys offer was slightly different as some stores offered £50 whereas Currys/PCWorld offered £80 but you had to purchase a case from them. I didn't know at the time I could've got one from Tesco which would've been less hassle.
    I made two claims and have had no dosh yet.

First claim made 8/12, accepted 22/12.
    Second claim 17/12, accepted 03/01

On acceptance both emails stated 30 days from email date + extra 5 days for bank transfer.
  • tawetawe Posts: 570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sent in my claim on 7th december then about a week later t I got an email asking if I could send a clearer copy of the reciept the first one I scanned so I took a photo of the receipts from different angles so they could see all they needed , just got another email asking if I could send them the ID number I have now emailed them all the number that are on the receipt because nothing actually says ID number
    I am getting a bit pissed off with it now and if I do not recieve my cash back within the time they have stated of 42 days I will be informing trading standards and our local watch dog The Ferret because this is beyond a joke , I purchased my tablet on 10th of november and still waiting for the cash back
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    I bought at end of November, claimed at end of December and both the PCWorld/Currys claim and the Samsung claim are still 'pending'.

Samsung, actually, have just got back to me to say 'Please provide the photo of the paid receipt which shows the date of purchase and purchased item Please provide a photo of the model ID located on the back of the model'. I must've missed that in the claim process and only sent them the PDF of my receipt provided from PCWorld. Something (else) for me to do tonight, I guess.

I chased PCWorld/Currys up yesterday, but haven't heard back from them yet. It's a worry really, as I bought 2 of the Samsung Galaxy tab 7 tablets (and cases) for my boys with the belief that the claim process would be smooth and I would end up saving £50 on each of them.

I will keep you updated with the progress of my claims!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tawe wrote: »
    Sent in my claim on 7th december then about a week later t I got an email asking if I could send a clearer copy of the reciept the first one I scanned so I took a photo of the receipts from different angles so they could see all they needed , just got another email asking if I could send them the ID number I have now emailed them all the number that are on the receipt because nothing actually says ID number
    I am getting a bit pissed off with it now and if I do not recieve my cash back within the time they have stated of 42 days I will be informing trading standards and our local watch dog The Ferret because this is beyond a joke , I purchased my tablet on 10th of november and still waiting for the cash back

To be safe I would check what info they want, I don't think the ID number they want is on the receipt, I think its the number on the bar code of the box (also found on a white sticker on the back of the tablet).

Just to cover yourself.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rang them up and was told the ID number is on the email sent to confirm they have recieved the claim . They then asked me for the ref number on the box of the tablet its the one under the barcode.then she told me they had no record of my second email of another set of photos with the reciept info on and because they'r website was being updated she would ring me back at 5pm and go through it with me.. she did ring at 5pm but the website was still not back working properly so she will ring me tomorrow once its back up and running :rolleyes: just wondering if its genuine that the site is down and they not just trying to palm me off .
    Forum Member
    Well after jumping through all the hoops ,filling in form and then it not accepting photos,then finding form had changed to a Staples form !! where did that come from? ,threatening Currys with Trading Standards ,finally getting an email sent with the photo of receipt to documents@curryspcworldcashback.com for the attention of Eddie Stringer - I appear to have a validated claim ! whoopee !
    Let you know in 42 days (+5days for postage ) if I get my cheque .
    Currys made a big splash of the promotion ,sounded simple £20 off if you bought a tablet and case together ,didnt advertise all the hoops you had to jump through to get said cashback (to be fair it was in the T&C's -small print ).
    The reason for them doing it this way is obvious ,probably only 20-30% of people will succeed in getting the Cashback -lost receipts ,unable to access a computer etc or just not bothering or getting fed up with trying .
    I would suggest anyone having difficulties should turn up at their local Currys/PCworld with their receipt (preferably with a Trading Standards Officer) and demand their cashback ,thats what I'll be doing if my cheque doesnt arrive.
    The stupid thing is that Currys will lose so many customers and goodwill through this buffoonly managed promotion that they'll end up losing millions of future sales .
    Currys /PC World better sort it quick or you'll be favourite for next years Moneymail wooden spoon .
    Rog
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ìf mine isnt sorted soon I will e contacting trading standards and bbc watchdog and i think all of us should notify them this will our next step if they dont get their act togdther soon
    Forum Member
    I now also appear to have a validated claim so I will let you know what happens! I filled in the form, sent receipt and received confirmation of claim and ClaimID number. I waited 7 days for claim to be validated and heard nothing so called curryspcworld on 0843 658 0737, got through straight away, quoted ClaimID, she checked my form and receipt over the phone and validated the claim, which also generated an automatic email confirming that I will receive a cheque within 42 days.
    Forum Member
    Did you manage to sort this out? I had a problem originally as it ask you to upload a Jpeg image which I didn't notice and tried to upload a Png image which didn't work :rolleyes:

I also couldn't upload a pdf file so I ended up sending a seperate email and attached the file to it, which they confirmed they received and my claim has been validated
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    I'm having the same problem with these codes...I managed to find the one for my tablet that you input into samsungs website, but the dificulty Im having is the currys list. My tablet was a 10.1, 16Gb, Silver, Wifi only...but looking at the codes I just can't figure it out!

Here's the list from currys...this just relates to Tablets 10.1 for the purpose of this message;

Samsung sam tab2 10ww 16Gb
    Samsung sam Glxy 10.1w f32gbb
    Samsung sam Glxy 10.13 g16gbw b1
    Samsung sam Glxy 10.13 g16gbb
    Samsung sam Galaxy
    Samsung sam Glxy 10.13 g64gbw b1
    Samsung sam Glxy 10.13 gb32gbb b1
    Samsung sam Glxy 10.1w f16gbw
    Samsung sam Glxy 10.1w F64gbb
    Samsung sam Glxy 10.13 gb64gbb
    Samsung sam Glxy 10.1w f16gbb
    Samsung sam Tab2 10ws 16Gb (I think mines this one)
    Samsung sam Tab2 3g s16gb

Having written this list out its made it a bit clearer for me..but I'm still going to do some digging as I don't want them rejecting it on a technicality! For example why would I choose the tab2 that I've highlighted when to me a choice with 10.1 in it would be simpler...

Thanks curry's, no wonder I never buy from you usually! :mad:

Oh & no, none of these codes are on my recept, nor on the currys website, nor on amazon & nor on Samsung...grrr.
  • SkipTracerSkipTracer Posts: 2,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    djeggy wrote: »
    I'm having the same problem with these codes...I managed to find the one for my tablet that you input into samsungs website, but the dificulty Im having is the currys list. My tablet was a 10.1, 16Gb, Silver, Wifi only...but looking at the codes I just can't figure it out!

Here's the list from currys...this just relates to Tablets 10.1 for the purpose of this message;

Samsung sam tab2 10ww 16Gb
    Samsung sam Glxy 10.1w f32gbb
    Samsung sam Glxy 10.13 g16gbw b1
    Samsung sam Glxy 10.13 g16gbb
    Samsung sam Galaxy
    Samsung sam Glxy 10.13 g64gbw b1
    Samsung sam Glxy 10.13 gb32gbb b1
    Samsung sam Glxy 10.1w f16gbw
    Samsung sam Glxy 10.1w F64gbb
    Samsung sam Glxy 10.13 gb64gbb
    Samsung sam Glxy 10.1w f16gbb
    Samsung sam Tab2 10ws 16Gb (I think mines this one)
    Samsung sam Tab2 3g s16gb

Having written this list out its made it a bit clearer for me..but I'm still going to do some digging as I don't want them rejecting it on a technicality! For example why would I choose the tab2 that I've highlighted when to me a choice with 10.1 in it would be simpler...

Thanks curry's, no wonder I never buy from you usually! :mad:

Oh & no, none of these codes are on my recept, nor on the currys website, nor on amazon & nor on Samsung...grrr.
    Not sure if Samsung themselves are so strict on the model name because when I did my first Tab 2 in mid October I could not make head or tail of the model numbers and like you said, it’s not even on the unit’s themselves but I did find a small reference to it on a Russian Face Book page of all places and believe it not they were referring to the £50 cash back offer.:confused: Lucky Google translate these pages theses days.:)

To cut along story short I took pot luck in the end and just chose one that had a W for white and was a 10.1 model and they accepted my choice. At the end of the form there was a questioned that ask if filling the form was easy or hard and I ticked the box for hard then they asked if I would like to tell them what I found hard for which I told them about the secret codes they use and whether I could obtain them from Bletchley Park.:D

Now when I did two more Tab’s in November there was a selection choices for just the GT-P5110 without the secret codes after so I would like to think they listened to us however all this was on the Samsung claim site and not via PCW/Currys.
  • rockin_plumberrockin_plumber Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    If you go to Amazon and search for Samsung galaxy tab2, select the ones from amazon and choose which one you have got from the drop down menu.

Scroll down and it will tell you the full product code that Samsung require once you have selected the correct model.
    Forum Member
    It's not the samsung code I require. I've already submitted the samsung claim.

It's the curry's list on the currys website where I don't know how to determine which is the correct choice.

It's making the assumption that W means wifi, S means silver, clearly 16/32 is the memory...but what the heck are all the other characters/numbers that currys are asking you to pick from?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you go to Amazon and search for Samsung galaxy tab2, select the ones from amazon and choose which one you have got from the drop down menu.

Scroll down and it will tell you the full product code that Samsung require once you have selected the correct model.
    I could find no reference to theses model codes when I tried in October but as you say there on Amazon site now (I brought mine from Tesco) and as it were I took an intelligent stab at using the code of GT-P5110ZWABTU for the white Wifi only 10.1 tablet that has turned out to be right so discard my statement about Samsung not being strict on model codes as I was lucky to guess the correct one.

Would be so much easier if they put the code on the back of their devices though? Samsung must be aware of the confusion because like I said in the post above they have added the choice of just the GT-P5110 with no codes and as the three units I have brought have no codes on them then they are indeed GT-P5110’s.

But then again I selected ZWABTU for one of the Tab’s so in a way is incorrect as it has no codes.:confused::confused::D

It's not the samsung code I require. I've already submitted the samsung claim.

It's the curry's list on the currys website where I don't know how to determine which is the correct choice.

It's making the assumption that W means wifi, S means silver, clearly 16/32 is the memory...but what the heck are all the other characters/numbers that currys are asking you to pick from?

Just had a quick look at the Curry’s form and what I can make of it (might be wrong because I only looked at the first two pages) but it’s looks like an exact copy of the Samsung backtocollege form so I assume the same confusion.

I made the assumption that the W was for White and S for Silver and B for Black but then again who knows.:)
    Forum Member
    SkipTracer wrote: »

Just had a quick look at the Curry’s form and what I can make of it (might be wrong because I only looked at the first two pages) but it’s looks like an exact copy of the Samsung backtocollege form so I assume the same confusion.

I made the assumption that the W was for White and S for Silver and B for Black but then again who knows.:)

But it's not an exact copy....when you go onto the currys website its totally different from the samsung website...the numbers are totally different...

Or is it just me? Am I missing something?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But it's not an exact copy....when you go onto the currys website its totally different from the samsung website...the numbers are totally different...

Or is it just me? Am I missing something?

They are slightly different but AFAIK the model number’s asked for are the same and I was talking about the confusion with model numbers not the form itself.

My 3 Tab 2’s have all been given the green light by Samsung and I think personally that the Samsung form is now correct because it lists the GT-P5110 with no codes after this number just like the unit and the box it came in.

I cannot say here or there if the Curry’s form has been corrected (or maybe it was never wrong) as I never brought a Samsung from them but if they don’t have the GT-P5110 listed without the codes then their form still has confusion within it.
    Forum Member
    Been Following the thread with interest .I, and others its seems , have managed to jump through the hoops and get a validated claim -Not easy ! and no cheque yet .The point I was raising earlier is if we ,presumably computer literate ,have difficulties what chance have grandparents etc (maybe some none computer literate ) of getting the cashback . Remember these tablets were widely advertised in the National Press at the headline price after Cashback -the cashback conditions only in the small print . Currys/PC World you are a disgrace to the Retail industry and I hope this
    hoop jumping promotion gets you the reward you deserve. Of course on this and other forums we never hear from the thousands of folk who bought the tablets and are unable to claim as they are not computer literate but still bought with the expectation of the cashback .
    Congratulations Currys/PC World -not about to be Britains favourite retailer any time soon !