Do you think Natalie Imbruglia is under-rated?

Tree-Of-LifeTree-Of-Life Posts: 1,080
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I am listening to some of her tracks on Youtube now and I honestly think this absolutely stunningly beautiful woman is so talented. She is a complete 10 out of 10 for looks that is for sure. Truly, one of the world's most beautiful women.

Comments

• Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 82,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Left of the Middle in particular is a classic album. Leave Me Alone is as good as most of the singles. It's a pity that the single Want in 2009 was largely ignored and her subsequent album scrapped.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her 1st album was brilliant and she has released some good tunes over the years but i wouldnt say she was underrated. She needs to step up her game. She was a guest judeg on X-factor in 2010 and came across as dull. She should`ve released her lastest album then whats with delays.
    And thats just my opinion!!!
  • That_GuyThat_Guy Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great artists, great albums! I don't think she's released any bad ones actually.
  • RubricalRubrical Posts: 2,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved her as a young teenager in the early 00s but she never bettered herself since Left of the Middle.

White Lillies Island had some nice songs.

Counting Down the Days was good too but nothing spectacular.

I don't think she was under-rated but I would be interested in another album definitely.
  • spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she's great. White Lilies Island is one of my favourite albums ever! Yes I do think she's underrated. People don't seem to look past her debut album which may have been her most commercial album but (imo) her weakest in terms of song quality. It's a shame she hasn't had as much success in recent years. I hope she does release more albums as I always enjoy listening to her music and voice.
  • RaptureRiderRaptureRider Posts: 1,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think her taking such a long time between each album hasn't done her any favours. She's released 5 studio albums in 15 years and I think that's what cost her the big success she achieved with "Left of the Middle". "White Lillies Island" would have done far better had she not mulled over it for 4 years and had it out earlier. I remember her label were unhappy at the time it was taking her to record it and they offered her a bonus if she delivered it sooner.

She's released some great music over the years. It's a shame "Come to Life" wasn't the success it deserved to be as it's a great album. "Lukas" would have made a great summer single.
  • spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just been listening to Identify again and it's one of my favourite songs of hers, the one Billy Corgan wrote. Hauntingly beautiful. Natalie has a lovely voice.
  • NicoleRichNicoleRich Posts: 2,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. She needs to make some new music.
  • Jon OJon O Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she is 38 now so she might be too old ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    Not sure if her success is underrated as it's seems to have waned as is common for lots of artists! However I do think her voice is underrated. Her voice is simply stunning, so clear & effortless, it reminds me of Karen Carpenters voice!
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Not a fan to be honest. I can't warm to her. I did like Torn and Wrong Impression though.
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like the single Shiver and i thought the video was very good as well. I think it was supposed to be based on the Bourne films, although it reminded me of a French spy thriller.
  • WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am listening to some of her tracks on Youtube now and I honestly think this absolutely stunningly beautiful woman is so talented. She is a complete 10 out of 10 for looks that is for sure. Truly, one of the world's most beautiful women.

And yet you felt it necessary to mention her looks three different times during your post but didn't give an opinion on her music/lyrics/performances in your op?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Torn
  • ashtray88ashtray88 Posts: 1,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think so. She certainly didn't deserve to have some **** on the X Factor asking her "Who are you??" :o