"Post Library River"

13»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just read this on GB, might out people's minds at rest...
    Madame Vastra sets up this telepathic link thing to contact Clara across time at the beginning of the episode and she also contacts River Song who now just exists as a consciousness inside the library. River stays telepathically linked to Clara throughout the episode but is not physically there. When she is interacting with Clara no one else can see her.

That actually sounds very believable. But I will be a bit disappointed if true.
  • Shandyman81Shandyman81 Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    Interesting thought. We know River finds out the Doctor's name, but she can't find it out in this episode then, if she's post-library River so when does River find out his name? I always assumed it was at Trenzalore so maybe there are two Rivers present?!
    That actually sounds very believable. But I will be a bit disappointed if true.

There's not much more detail yet, guess we'll see in 10 days. I like the idea though. Maybe the Doctor will see her too. 2 Rivers sounds like fun to me.... ;)

Also, we don't know for sure when river learns his name, maybe she already does but we just didn't see it, maybe she read it in a book.....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's not much more detail yet, guess we'll see in 10 days. I like the idea though. Maybe the Doctor will see her too. 2 Rivers sounds like fun to me.... ;)

Also, we don't know for sure when river learns his name, maybe she already does but we just didn't see it, maybe she read it in a book.....

Well, I would like the idea if
    it ended with River being set free from the Library and properly dying as that part of the story just doesn't fit with her character for me, I think she'd much rather die than be like that. But at the same time I'd like to see the pre-Library River in the finale as well, since it's been a long time since we last saw her.

So yeah, i'd like 2 Rivers as well.
  • Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    Well the Doctor says in Utopia after finding "humans" at the end of the universe that the species has evolved again and again, uploaded/downloaded itself and been energy beings before finally becoming regular humans again.

If there is a perfect copy of River stored in the library, then all she really has to do is wait around until it becomes possible for her to get a duplicate body to download in to.
  • Sara_PeplowSara_Peplow Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We have been waiting 5 years and still don't get all the answers. I assumed he told her his name durring one of their "dates" while she was in stormcage. He (10) claimed there was only one time and reason he could tell her. I hope it wasn't just so she could get his pastself to trust her. Before she killed herself to save him and their future "marriage". It seems so sad :cry:.Nothing changed and nothing was done to even try save her from her fate. Rivers soul is trapped. How can she be happy about that?. He lied to her the whole time. When did he take her to the singing towers ?. .Suppose we might see a flashback. Maybe thats why he sulked for those months after Amy and Rory. He wasn't just mourning the loss of his freinds he was also mouring the loss of his wife, his marriage. Looks like it will be a sad ending. Think if he can't bring River back into a proper body, a proper life he should be mercifull and "pull the plug" . Say goodbye and release her soul so she can find peace with her family once and for all. Shakespeare said it in R&J fate is cruel killing your joys with love.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    I wonder if when we see river talking to Clara on the telepathic phone she will be still takin care of cal and the two mystery children, baking pies and telling them to stop jumping on the sofa while she's on the phone, Because that's what she was left to do.
  • be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope we actually just see Clara's schedule for a typical Thursday including posting some letters, going to the library and then sitting by the river.
  • Banks246Banks246 Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We have been waiting 5 years and still don't get all the answers. I assumed he told her his name durring one of their "dates" while she was in stormcage. He (10) claimed there was only one time and reason he could tell her. I hope it wasn't just so she could get his pastself to trust her. Before she killed herself to save him and their future "marriage". It seems so sad :cry:.Nothing changed and nothing was done to even try save her from her fate. Rivers soul is trapped. How can she be happy about that?. He lied to her the whole time. When did he take her to the singing towers ?. .Suppose we might see a flashback. Maybe thats why he sulked for those months after Amy and Rory. He wasn't just mourning the loss of his freinds he was also mouring the loss of his wife, his marriage. Looks like it will be a sad ending. Think if he can't bring River back into a proper body, a proper life he should be mercifull and "pull the plug" . Say goodbye and release her soul so she can find peace with her family once and for all. Shakespeare said it in R&J fate is cruel killing your joys with love.

There is actually a mini episode you can find online somewhere which has the Doctor going on a date with River only to bump into a future RIver in the TARDIS when the current one goes out the room, then a future Doctor comes in and he realises this future Doctor is taking her to the singing towers. Can anyone find it please?
    Forum Member
    Banks246 wrote: »
    There is actually a mini episode you can find online somewhere which has the Doctor going on a date with River only to bump into a future RIver in the TARDIS when the current one goes out the room, then a future Doctor comes in and he realises this future Doctor is taking her to the singing towers. Can anyone find it please?

That little minisode is NOT enough!

Here's the first episode of the series.

http://touch.dailymotion.com/#/video/xn2gtl_doctor-who-night-and-the-doctor-bad-night-vostfr_creation
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That little minisode is NOT enough!

Here's the first episode of the series.

http://touch.dailymotion.com/#/video/xn2gtl_doctor-who-night-and-the-doctor-bad-night-vostfr_creation

No I agree, but I was just pointing out there was one.

And I believe that is all we will get sadly.
    Forum Member
    Oh episode order is
    Bad night
    Good night
    First night
    Last night
    Up all night (which is just random)
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh episode order is
    Bad night
    Good night
    First night
    Last night
    Up all night (which is just random)
    There seems to be a night theme in the episode titles:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sandydune wrote: »
    There seems to be a night theme in the episode titles:D

Well spotted, and Moffat thought that arc would be a hard one to crack....:p :D
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Banks246 wrote: »
    Well spotted, and Moffat thought that arc would be a hard one to crack....:p :D
    :D no eggs