iPad mini 2 questions.

2»

Comments

• David (2)David (2) Posts: 20,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    my android htc has vibration feedback turned on by default but u can switch it off for most tasks. have to say that the feeback doesnt make me any better at typing-and this htc screen has rubbish accuracy so your always getting the wrong thing. having feedback on doesnt improve this, it just vibrates whenever u touch the screen. i am happy to live with it switched off, but some would disagree, so having the option is prolly the best way to go.
  • victor melvictor mel Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I take my mini back to Argos due to a few quality issues what are the chances they can give me a new one & if i ask a white one instead of a black model?
  • alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    victor mel wrote: »
    If I take my mini back to Argos due to a few quality issues what are the chances they can give me a new one & if i ask a white one instead of a black model?

Unless the iPad Mini does not fall under their 30 day money back guarantee then they would swap it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alan1302 wrote: »
    Unless the iPad Mini does not fall under their 30 day money back guarantee then they would swap it.

It does not. What happens now? Ive had it for 5 days.
    Forum Member
    It does not. What happens now? Ive had it for 5 days.

It means they are likely to only exchange it for a black one and will probably need you to show them it is faulty.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Every time I open a new page on the net the page is too small. I have to either double tap or use the screen to widen the page. Is there a way I can adjust the page size so it stays the same?
  • chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Every time I open a new page on the net the page is too small. I have to either double tap or use the screen to widen the page. Is there a way I can adjust the page size so it stays the same?

explain what you mean by "too small".
  • StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Which sites?

I was beginning to wonder if this was a WUM.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chenks wrote: »
    explain what you mean by "too small".

The web page is too small. I have to manually increase the size to comfortably read the page. I would like the size I choose to stay the same not revert back to the small size each time I open a new page.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The web page is too small. I have to manually increase the size to comfortably read the page. I would like the size I choose to stay the same not revert back to the small size each time I open a new page.

Do you mean the character size is too small?

I think the short answer is 'no' anyway.
  • chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

i'm starting to think you should just get rid of this iPad.
    it's clearly not the device for you. you seem to be picking fault in just about everything - even though you tried it out before you bought it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stig wrote: »
    Do you mean the character size is too small?

I think the short answer is 'no' anyway.

Character size?
    Forum Member
    Character size?

Font size.

From your descriptions it's not faulty - you just don't like it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alan1302 wrote: »
    Font size.

From your descriptions it's not faulty - you just don't like it.

It's the whole Web page. Each time i go onto a new page it reverts back to a smaller size. I then make it larger to read great. But when I go to another page its returned back to the smaller size.
    Forum Member
    It's the whole Web page. Each time i go onto a new page it reverts back to a smaller size. I then make it larger to read great. But when I go to another page its returned back to the smaller size.

That's normal for a web browser.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Maybe you should have bought a tablet with a larger screen.
  • paulj48paulj48 Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stig wrote: »
    Maybe you should have bought a tablet with a larger screen.

Or the OP could just hold it closer to his eye's :D

Not a lot of help in this case but if it was purchased from the Apple store rather than Argos the OP could have taken it back for no reason at all and swap it for a different model.
  • David (2)David (2) Posts: 20,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this is normal when viewing web sites which are not designed for mobile/tablet. quite anoying.
  • grumpyoldbatgrumpyoldbat Posts: 3,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David (2) wrote: »
    this is normal when viewing web sites which are not designed for mobile/tablet. quite anoying.

Yes, but it's not a fault of the tablet, it's a fault of that specific website design. With mobile being so popular these days, all sites should be built to be responsive to different screen sizes so the content displays well and is easy to use based on the size of the screen.

OP, if you've got a problem with a website appearing too small, complain to the webmaster - they need to fix it, not Apple.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It can't be difficult for a so called top device to be able to set the size the user wants as they look though the net. My old Samsung phone can do it and it's a few years old.
  • victorslotvictorslot Posts: 619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Best sell the iPad and stick with what you know then!
    Forum Member
    It can't be difficult for a so called top device to be able to set the size the user wants as they look though the net. My old Samsung phone can do it and it's a few years old.

Did the old phone just change the font size or did it set the zoom. What you have been doing on the iPad is setting the Zoom level.