Stand Up for the Week Series 5 - C4 Fridays

degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
Forum Member
Paul Chowdhry step up to take the hosting plate and is joined by regulars Seann Walsh, Josh Widdicombe and three new team members: Simon Evans, Romesh Ranganathan and Angela Barnes.
I wonder how Chowdrhy will cope stepping up to host.
He's had a couple of good routines in the past that he keeps trotting out but i've not seen anything new from him for quite some time and the last serveral appearances from him on panel shows haven't impressed.

I've seen Ranganathan a couple of times and he's been good.
Simon Evans has been around for a while. Quite a cynical type of comedian so I can see him fitting in well if he gets the right subjects to discuss.

Good to see Widdecombe still there. I thought he would of moved on or be the host.

Never heard of Angela Barnes though

Comments

• IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lots of interesting opinions given in this thread. ;-)

Anyway, the use of stock shots of the crowd are really obvious in this show. I've seen the same clip of a particular girl laughing 3 times in 20 minutes.
  • Dub2Dub2 Posts: 2,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting that Paul Chowdhry would use old jokes against that silly Alaskan politician in a week when India has introduced a ten year prison sentence for people involved in gay relationships.

Hey Paul, why not be truly edgy, and expose India`s extreme laws against gays, instead of the predictable dig against that idiot Sarah Palin.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Lots of interesting opinions given in this thread. ;-)

Anyway, the use of stock shots of the crowd are really obvious in this show. I've seen the same clip of a particular girl laughing 3 times in 20 minutes.
    It's not alone though. Live At The Apollo is just as bad.

Anyway, i've been impressed with Angela Barnes. I'd never heard of her before this series.

Not as impressed with Chowdry as compere. His routines are hit and miss, same as any comedian, but I just don't like the same way he introduces each comedian.
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    It's not alone though. Live At The Apollo is just as bad.

Anyway, i've been impressed with Angela Barnes. I'd never heard of her before this series.

Not as impressed with Chowdry as compere. His routines are hit and miss, same as any comedian, but I just don't like the same way he introduces each comedian.

It was the first time I saw her last night and I thought she was good too. I wonder if the story about the 6th form girls from Sexey school posing topless is true?!

I don't like Simon Evans. His voice is ridiculous (and not in a funny way).
  • RandysbackRandysback Posts: 3,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can Not stand Paul Chowdhry.. he`s like an Asian version of Bernard Manning but Paul gets away with being a racist.

Difference is Bernard wasn`t actually a racist and he was funnier.. and he didn`t get away with it in the end
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    It was the first time I saw her last night and I thought she was good too. I wonder if the story about the 6th form girls from Sexey school posing topless is true?!

I haven't watched last night's yet. I'm still on catchup. I only watched last week's on Thursday.
  • reglipreglip Posts: 5,268
    Forum Member
    For some strange reason on 4od the last third of the program's sound is in half speed
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,825
    Forum Member
    Randysback wrote: »
    Can Not stand Paul Chowdhry.. he`s like an Asian version of Bernard Manning but Paul gets away with being a racist.

Difference is Bernard wasn`t actually a racist and he was funnier.. and he didn`t get away with it in the end

Bernard Manning wasn't racist? Are you sure?
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,825
    Forum Member

All true :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexey%27s_School